+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Hello Members ...quick question if there is no city of birth mentioned on copr
And COB : India mentioned only how do I link the PR card application in the cic account?
Any suggestions?
Thanks

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey Guys,

When we send photos and passport for PPR, do we have to write Name and DOB on back of both photos or just one photo?

Please advise

navin1207

Mar 3, 2018
Hi Guys, I need a suggestion

- My parents got their medical test done on March/02/2020 for the PGP application filled in 2019.
- Then we received an email to get the Sputum test (for Tuberculosis) for my father, which got done between June and July 2020 with a follow-up X-Ray with the result saying "Negative for Tuberculosis"
- On December/23/2020 we received an email from the risk assessment unit, High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, stating "Temporary resident visa for Canada has been de-activated because information received from the regional medical officer indicates a diagnosis with an abnormal chest x-ray and further medical treatment is required to address the presence of active pulmonary tuberculosis.

Given your current circumstances, you may no longer meet the requirements for a visa for Canada and you should not travel to Canada with your visa unless you receive medical clearance and confirmation that your visa has been reactivated."

* This email did not say what further test or any other information of that sort. Although, I have replied to this email with the results of the second medical (Sputum test), with an auto-reply that they may reply in 30 days if they have asked for any further information (which in my case, they have not asked for any reply)
* My father just got the CT Scan done, which confirmed that he does not have Tuberculoses.

I am not sure how to proceed from here and who to contact to re-activate my father's Tourist visa and I am not sure if this can affect the PR application.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help.

Thank You,
Navin

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Use birth place as in passport to link PR card application
Thanks Robertp I tried that as well.
Uppercase ..lower case with spaces
On passport it's written in all caps
Eg DELHI, DELHI
So I don't know what am I doing wrong...
I sent copr letter on Nov 18th still no update...and calling CiC doesn't help the agents I spoke to say we don't know whether your courier was received or not ....

Also I had paid express post fee thru Canada Post they are such bunch of losers til date their website shows out for delivery!
And they are also not able to answer whether Etobicoke office has the courier or no.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Thanks Robertp I tried that as well.
Uppercase ..lower case with spaces
On passport it's written in all caps
Eg DELHI, DELHI
So I don't know what am I doing wrong...
I sent copr letter on Nov 18th still no update...and calling CiC doesn't help the agents I spoke to say we don't know whether your courier was received or not ....

Also I had paid express post fee thru Canada Post they are such bunch of losers til date their website shows out for delivery!
And they are also not able to answer whether Etobicoke office has the courier or no.
1. Leave it blank as per COPR and try to link
2. If they request document means your application pkg is not complete to enter in system. Wait for Canada post delivery confirmation .
2 in my case I entered birthplace same as in passport include “,” and space and its work for me. I was unable to link as per COPR birth place but as per passport successfully link patents PR card application.

10years montreal

Dec 29, 2017
Hello guys, I am a little bit confused with the application, forms and details to sponsor my parent.
I live in quebec and I have seen some details to fill forms to get the CSQ , thus it is mentioned that I cannot fill the Quebec Kit and forms unless I am accepted first as a sponsor by the government of Canada. I am kinda lost, what shall I begin with and which forms I must fill and submit first.
Any response or help is appreciated.
Note that I am the only sponsor, I don't have a partner & I need to sponsor only my mom plus I received the invitation letter by email.
Hi,
First get the approval from federals, once you get it ,send the kit with required documents for Quebec approval

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
Hi guys, my parents are planning to land in Canada in later January. 2 questions hope you guys could help:

1. I don't have a private car to pick them up. Can they say in the quarantine plan that we will take a taxi to go home?

2. Can they quarantine in the condo together with me? There are 2 bedrooms, but only 1 washroom. I'm planning to say we will avoid contact and sanitize as much as possible. Would that be ok? Will they be denied to enter into Canada by the boarder?

Thanks in advance!!

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Hi Guys, I need a suggestion

- My parents got their medical test done on March/02/2020 for the PGP application filled in 2019.
- Then we received an email to get the Sputum test (for Tuberculosis) for my father, which got done between June and July 2020 with a follow-up X-Ray with the result saying "Negative for Tuberculosis"
- On December/23/2020 we received an email from the risk assessment unit, High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, stating "Temporary resident visa for Canada has been de-activated because information received from the regional medical officer indicates a diagnosis with an abnormal chest x-ray and further medical treatment is required to address the presence of active pulmonary tuberculosis.

Given your current circumstances, you may no longer meet the requirements for a visa for Canada and you should not travel to Canada with your visa unless you receive medical clearance and confirmation that your visa has been reactivated."

* This email did not say what further test or any other information of that sort. Although, I have replied to this email with the results of the second medical (Sputum test), with an auto-reply that they may reply in 30 days if they have asked for any further information (which in my case, they have not asked for any reply)
* My father just got the CT Scan done, which confirmed that he does not have Tuberculoses.

I am not sure how to proceed from here and who to contact to re-activate my father's Tourist visa and I am not sure if this can affect the PR application.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help.

Thank You,
Navin
I would suggest to order GCMS notes and also to check with the doctor who did the follow up testing, while you wait for the email response.

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Hi guys, my parents are planning to land in Canada in later January. 2 questions hope you guys could help:

1. I don't have a private car to pick them up. Can they say in the quarantine plan that we will take a taxi to go home?

2. Can they quarantine in the condo together with me? There are 2 bedrooms, but only 1 washroom. I'm planning to say we will avoid contact and sanitize as much as possible. Would that be ok? Will they be denied to enter into Canada by the boarder?

Thanks in advance!!
If its possible for you and anyone else iving in that same condo also to stay in quarantine that in my opinion will be better plan to give to border official.

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Looking for some help/advice on IMM 5768e-Financial Evaluation for parents sponsorship

Im the sponsor, my wife is the co-signer and we have a 7-year-old son- so 3 + my parents being sponsored total of 5

Now:Section:Financial requirement: Box 7: comes to 5 (total no. of persons to calculate minimum income)

Section 9-details of your family members & persons included in undertakings in effect or not yet in effect signed by you & co signer

i put my wife(co-signer) and sons details >>is this correct? do i also include my details aswell?

section 10-complete this section only if your spouse is co-signing the undertaking:
i put my wife & sons name down>>>correct?

Sec 11:your spouse if they are not co-signing >left blank
12: every other family member not listed above & dependent on you financially->also left blank
is the above correct?

TIA
for PGP 2020 questions please use the correct forum.