+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hi everyone.

I submitted my parents sponsorship application in June 2019. The CAS shows "In Process" but only says Application received on June xx, 2019. Over the last two years CIC has only communicated with me once to request a document which I submitted (and it shows on the mycicaccount i.e. that they have received the documents I submitted).

I am touching 20 month mark and no further progress. We haven't received medical or anything else yet but my parents biometrics are valid for another few years (they have visited Canada few times in the past).

Is anyone else in the same boat? Any suggestions/guidance? I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks.
Ours is May 2019, we haven't received Medicals.

manishlahori

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hi everyone.

I submitted my parents sponsorship application in June 2019. The CAS shows "In Process" but only says Application received on June xx, 2019. Over the last two years CIC has only communicated with me once to request a document which I submitted (and it shows on the mycicaccount i.e. that they have received the documents I submitted).

I am touching 20 month mark and no further progress. We haven't received medical or anything else yet but my parents biometrics are valid for another few years (they have visited Canada few times in the past).

Is anyone else in the same boat? Any suggestions/guidance? I hope there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks.

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hey Guys,

I have just received GCMS notes, In the criminality section of the notes, for my mother who is dependent her criminality shows canceled but for my father (principal applicant) it shows passed and for RCMP and Bio criminality for both(father and mother) are passed.

Is it normal?

Please see snapshot attached in the link(https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Apv8rO81eEB7lDOOPYo9GY9SjqGNicD/view?usp=sharing/)
Hi @colourfulcanada ,
Could you please let us know when did you raise the webform ?

yeah075

Feb 22, 2020
Panel physicians are working with electronic medical system E-Medical and the results are getting submitted only through e-medical, then medical officer reviews and if no concerns you get pass status, if additional tests required you supposed to get email stating to connect to your panel physician for more information.
I understand they might request additional medical test. But how about the status, will they mention it when they receive? Or they will just change the status from (not receive) directly to (pass), my concern right now is they haven't gotten the report.

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
Anyone received the CoPR or virtual landing request from IRCC Etobicoke office recently?

Been on PA DM since Dec 30, called IRCC and told me the case is approved and in queue in Etobicoke office for virtual landing.

Reactions: serious_cheese

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
1. check here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/
2. your medical is extended. check in myCIC. COPR visa will issue for ~5 month from issue date

@robertp : do you know if it is mandatory to use courier service for passport? can we not drop off at nearest VFS and they take care of everything? so parents does not have to go through the whole process of sending emails and getting payment links etc..etc.. i am asking only becasue my parents are pretty old and i doubt they can do any of that.

it would be easier if they can drop off passports to VFS after receiving PPR and then everything will be handled by VFS so parents can finally receive the passports at home via courier services.

JATT_PUNJABI

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,
I have a question regarding extension for Medical results.
My parents medical was expired in September and status changed same day from "Medical passed" to "Medical not required, if it changes we will send you a message".
What does it mean?
Is it extension or do my parents need to re-do the medicals?
Also, bio metrics was done in November.
Thanks in Advance.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp : do you know if it is mandatory to use courier service for passport? can we not drop off at nearest VFS and they take care of everything? so parents does not have to go through the whole process of sending emails and getting payment links etc..etc.. i am asking only becasue my parents are pretty old and i doubt they can do any of that.

it would be easier if they can drop off passports to VFS after receiving PPR and then everything will be handled by VFS so parents can finally receive the passports at home via courier services.
Only Courier service. VFS not accept any passport in person in INDIA.
use your email and request courier services.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Folks,
I have a question regarding extension for Medical results.
My parents medical was expired in September and status changed same day from "Medical passed" to "Medical not required, if it changes we will send you a message".
What does it mean?
Is it extension or do my parents need to re-do the medicals?
Also, bio metrics was done in November.
Thanks in Advance.
if your medical extended then you can see new medical passed date in myCIC.
"Medical not required, if it changes we will send you a message", that message means you will get request to redo medical.