+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
It is at last stage, everything else was done more than a year ago.
Hi
My dad also got US visa whlie in canada & he visited US just for 3-4 hours. Do we need to provide that information? On which form, we need to declare? It’s been 1 & 1/2 year since we applied. So I don’t remember where we need to declare. I just want to check if everything was ok on my application form.

Bimaljeet 123

Dec 4, 2019
Hi
My dad also got US visa whlie in canada & he visited US just for 3-4 hours. Do we need to provide that information? On which form, we need to declare? It’s been 1 & 1/2 year since we applied. So I don’t remember where we need to declare. I just want to check if everything was ok on my application form.
I am not sure if you need to update if you get it after application filing, but for my dad they are asking before application filing date and he never applied for it though.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
I am looking for a way out
Primary applicant (dad) is in Canada and dependent (mom) is in India.

How and where to send passports is something not clear?

Just avoiding travel during covid.
Both dependent and primary applicant has to be in the same place I believe

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
I am not sure if you need to update if you get it after application filing, but for my dad they are asking before application filing date and he never applied for it though.
It was in 2018 & I forgot to mention as it was only 3-4 hours visit. So there was no address information for US. Do you remember on which form we provide them this information?

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
Hello Experts,
Do you have any update from the London VO? Application has been in process since July 2020 as per ECAS but no communication from them since. When should we expect the medical and PCC requests? Do the 20-24 months processing timelines posted on the IRCC website still hold true?

Thanks!!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
We applied in the grandparents category. If the parent has to renew their passport, do we update the information with the IRCC? In our case, passport was used as a proof for the parent and grandchild relationship.
Though passport expires in July 2021, was thinking maybe wait a bit before renewing, hopefully the PR application might be finalized before that. Any suggestions?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi
IRCC ask for additional documents including travel history during the process of application. I am not sure at what stage you are. Normally PCC and travel history are asked together, in that you have to provide all details of travel in form imm5562 for last 10 years

Reactions: Bimaljeet 123

geol

Dec 18, 2014
We applied in the grandparents category. If the parent has to renew their passport, do we update the information with the IRCC? In our case, passport was used as a proof for the parent and grandchild relationship.
Though passport expires in July 2021, was thinking maybe wait a bit before renewing, hopefully the PR application might be finalized before that. Any suggestions?
You have to get it renewed immediately as the passports should have 12 months to expire before ppr. Renew the passports and update through webform with a copy of new passports.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
You have to get it renewed immediately as the passports should have 12 months to expire before ppr. Renew the passports and update through webform with a copy of new passports.
Isn't the 12 months validity applicable only to either the sponsor or the applicant's passports? Parent is not the direct sponsor in our case.

joyus

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Finally after months and years of waiting we have received passport request. I am on the tracker, but not sure of the line, under "joyus"

Application submitted - Apr 30 2019
Medical passed - Dec 2, 2019 (got extension on Jan 4th 2021 to Jan 4 2022)
Medical pass Extension update on myCIC - Jan 4, 2021
PA Decision made - Jan 5, 2021
PPR request - Jan 5, 2021

Mother is in India and will be submitting PP to Delhi through VFS.

Hopefully things will move bit more smoothly from here. My mother is 79, widowed and living on her own especially during the pandemic so I can't express how I feel right now. It has been a roller coaster ride for us the past 2 years. Wishing everyone good luck to all waiting for their time to come! There will be light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Joyus

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hello Experts,
Do you have any update from the London VO? Application has been in process since July 2020 as per ECAS but no communication from them since. When should we expect the medical and PCC requests? Do the 20-24 months processing timelines posted on the IRCC website still hold true?
Thanks!!
No updates, I am not sure what`s happening with London VO, waiting for PCC and medical since January 2020 (!)

Last edited:

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Finally after months and years of waiting we have received passport request. I am on the tracker, but not sure of the line, under "joyus"

Application submitted - Apr 30 2019
Medical passed - Dec 2, 2019 (got extension on Jan 4th 2021 to Jan 4 2022)
Medical pass Extension update on myCIC - Jan 4, 2021
PA Decision made - Jan 5, 2021
PPR request - Jan 5, 2021

Mother is in India and will be submitting PP to Delhi through VFS.

Hopefully things will move bit more smoothly from here. My mother is 79, widowed and living on her own especially during the pandemic so I can't express how I feel right now. It has been a roller coaster ride for us the past 2 years. Wishing everyone good luck to all waiting for their time to come! There will be light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Joyus
Hi @joyus, Congratulations, your line on tracker shows PCC submitted proactively, Does that mean you submitted another PCC in Dec 2020 ?

Please advise.

Thanks

Reactions: joyus