+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ghnboy

Nov 22, 2016
My mother’s passport came back from CPC Ottawa and we got email from IRCC Etobicoke on 22nd Dec’20 to provide details like email, name, date of last time entered in Canada, we replied back same day but till now waiting for PR Portal link and COPR. Anyone else in same boat????
Hi, wondering when did you guys get PA DM? also why they issue PPR if your mum is in Canada?

I got PA DM on Dec 31, no PPR or CoPR yet..

Thanks,

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Same here, June 18, 2019 application received, since Feb 2020 in process and MP couldn't help at all. I think working from home and New Norm should be accepted till now for every body in Canada. I don't understand why they try to use a word of "pandemic" to justify their unacceptable delays in process. It is ridiculous....
I completely agree that pandemic should no longer be an excuse after almost a year now. I hear some of you have reached out to MPs, has anyone tried media to create a push. They should really be empathetic that parents/grandparents are already the most sensitive group with respect to their age and health status. They are just getting older every day and every delayed moment costs us lesser time with them. I have exactly similar timelines but frustrating to see the same pandemic as an excuse every time. Wishing everyone to be reunited with their parents/grandparents soon.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
If anyone had problem with passport delivery to VFS in Europe? Sent with registered mail, attempted to be delivered x 2, then notice was left that the package is awaiting in responsible post branch. I’m wondering if VAC personnel would go to pick it up?!

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
I completely agree that pandemic should no longer be an excuse after almost a year now. I hear some of you have reached out to MPs, has anyone tried media to create a push. They should really be empathetic that parents/grandparents are already the most sensitive group with respect to their age and health status. They are just getting older every day and every delayed moment costs us lesser time with them. I have exactly similar timelines but frustrating to see the same pandemic as an excuse every time. Wishing everyone to be reunited with their parents/grandparents soon.
Yes, I agree with you 100%. I am not sure about media push but I have reached out to my Local MP but they can't really do anything other than asking for updates, I get updates on a regular basis but it's been ongoing for 5 months but nothing has been actually done on my application. so I don't know if MP can be of any help.

• Sad
Reactions: abcxyz

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Hey guys , my parents medical expired on DEC 9 , but they got the PPR email just now ...
1)Wanted to check how to submit passport in new delhi VFS office ? They have to go themselves or can ask somebody on their behalf to submit passport as this is covid time and i dont want them to go
2)What would be the expiry date on COPR visa ?

May 30 Applicant

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hey guys , my parents medical expired on DEC 9 , but they got the PPR email just now ...
1)Wanted to check how to submit passport in new delhi VFS office ? They have to go themselves or can ask somebody on their behalf to submit passport as this is covid time and i dont want them to go
2)What would be the expiry date on COPR visa ?

May 30 Applicant
Passport submission is by 2 way courier service.

What was your LVO ? New Delhi or CPC-Mississauga ?

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
14-02-2012 (Peace Bridge)
Reactions: jittujobyjohn_1985

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Also people i just recieved one letter for my mother & father , my mother uci is not mentioned in that letter.

Will we recieve one letter or 2 letter ?

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
Also people i just recieved one letter for my mother & father , my mother uci is not mentioned in that letter.

Will we recieve one letter or 2 letter ?
My dad only got one letter for the Passport request

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
Does anybody know how much time is taken by the CPC-Ottawa to print and paste the visa?

GK33

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
Hi All,

I need a help.

Today I have received a passport request from new delhi visa office for my parents.

But my parents are here in Canada and I have already requested change in address a week ago?

Can anyone help me what should I do now? Can I send passport to ottawa office with the same letter?

Please let me know.

Thanks

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
Hi All,

I need a help.

Today I have received a passport request from new delhi visa office for my parents.

But my parents are here in Canada and I have already requested change in address a week ago?

Can anyone help me what should I do now? Can I send passport to ottawa office with the same letter?

Please let me know.

Thanks
I had the same kind of situation but the letter gave two options. Either send the Passport, pictures and the letter through VFS to the New York Consulate or if you are in Canada then you may send it to the CPC-Ottawa office. But it was mentioned on the letter itself. So you can do it if it is written on the email.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
Hi All,

I need a help.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Is the in Canada option mentioned on your letter or did they just give you the New Delhi option on the letter?