+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

trivchintan

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
My parents medical expired in Dec and they just got a note to get medicals done again, which obviously sucks. But does it mean the visa processing speed is picking up at the New Delhi visa office? If we get the medicals done soon, should we expect PPR soon after??
How did you receive the request? Via email or under MyCIC account?

My parents medicals were expired in Nov but still nothing.

Komarick

Jan 4, 2021
Hi All,

My PGP application for my parents is in "Application received" status since September 2020 (applied June 24,2019). However, I cannot link the application through my online account. Anybody know why what would be? If they have received the application and are giving a status, why the online link cannot be established?

Waiting for this to move as it has been stuck for 1.5 years now :(
Ours is the same story. Application received on June 24, 2019 and no movement. They sent me a letter in October 2019 requesting for a form to be signed in ink instead of electronic signature, and another letter in September 2020 advising to have my financials updated if no consent was given to my CRA records in the application. With all of this, the status of the application remains "Application received".

I've asked a local MP to assist with any update. Her office came back with the following response:
"It is progressing as expected. I should note that under normal processing times the timeline for this type of application is 20-24 months, and this is further delayed by the pandemic. Your application is complete and there are no missing documents that they can see".

It's very frustrating with IRCC and overall process.

Reactions: IheartCanada

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
We just got an update that my parents medical needs to be re-done as it has now expired and they are not eligible for an extension. The Status has changed from 'Decision Made' to 'In Progress' :(
Don't understand the criteria really. Are your parents above 70?

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Hey guys

I have been asked to submit CV/Resume for my mother. Can you please help me little bit with that. If you guys have a sample or can tell me what should I include in it, would be highly appreciated. My mother is a retired teacher and currently here in Canada on visitor visa.

Thank you
It would be pretty much same info that you filled about their job experience and the education background in Schedule-A form when you submitted the application and other basic personal info dob email /contact etc also you can add if you like. Single page resume should also work, it doesnt have to be very long.

ajohal3

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2011
AOR Received.
Sep 19, 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
Sep 19, 2011
Med's Done....
Sep 23, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2012 (In Person)
LANDED..........
14-02-2012 (Peace Bridge)
My dad just got his Passport request today and Passport was sent today to CPC- Ottawa. He got his medical request on October 26 and had his Medicals done on November 14. How many days till we receive his Passport back? Any idea?

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
My dad just got his Passport request today and Passport was sent today to CPC- Ottawa. He got his medical request on October 26 and had his Medicals done on November 14. How many days till we receive his Passport back? Any idea?
You received the passport request by mail or email?

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ours is the same story. Application received on June 24, 2019 and no movement. They sent me a letter in October 2019 requesting for a form to be signed in ink instead of electronic signature, and another letter in September 2020 advising to have my financials updated if no consent was given to my CRA records in the application. With all of this, the status of the application remains "Application received".

I've asked a local MP to assist with any update. Her office came back with the following response:
"It is progressing as expected. I should note that under normal processing times the timeline for this type of application is 20-24 months, and this is further delayed by the pandemic. Your application is complete and there are no missing documents that they can see".

It's very frustrating with IRCC and overall process.
Same here, June 18, 2019 application received, since Feb 2020 in process and MP couldn't help at all. I think working from home and New Norm should be accepted till now for every body in Canada. I don't understand why they try to use a word of "pandemic" to justify their unacceptable delays in process. It is ridiculous....

Reactions: serious_cheese