+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone, my additional docs request letter lists 'country specific requirements' apart from bio, pcc. The country specific (India) requirement has birth certificate listed for applicant. I had already submitted my (sponsor) birth certificate. Don't know why applicant's birth certificate is still required? As such the country specific requirements link given is for spousal visas! What alternative document can I submit, if birth certificate is not available nor are any matriculation/school documents?
I did look up past chats and posts in PGP forum but they all relate to sponsor birth certificate. Anyone had similar situation? Thanks
If you have already submitted sponsor birth certificate, you do not have to send again. The SA letter is default one.

Reactions: NiJo8

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hello Guys,

What happens in the Bio-metric appointment, so do they provide you any proof on the spot that you have completed your bio-metric?
Yes
They provide you printed receipt of biometric fingerprints taken, duly signed by them and ask you to put your signature also.

Reactions: spr2425

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello,

Has anyone applied for a supervisa extension while sponsorship is in the process? My inlaws received their medical request last week which I believe is getting to the last stage of their sponsorship, unfortunately, her supervisa 2 years entry will be up 30th of January.

Would we be able to add in the letter of explanation that we would like to extend her supervisa due to sponsorship application and prefer that she won't need to go home to her home country cause of the pandemic and it's reaching the final stages of approval after medical?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Rcdcosta

Nov 21, 2011
Hello,
Under parent's sponsorship program, we have submitted PCC and medical several months ago but due to current COVID situation there has been delay in getting the visa stamping request. Problem is, my parent's passport is going to expire in next 2 months so I am wondering if I should renew their passport or will it cause any issues with current PR processing? If renewal is ok, is there a way to submit the new passport forms and will it cause any delays in processing?

Raswal

Dec 29, 2020
Hi, I and a couple of other users on this thread encountered the same issue. I have sent an email to VFS but no updates as of now. If I hear back, I will post it here.
Hi did you get any response for this yet. I am also facing the same issue.

Raswal

Dec 29, 2020
Same thing happening here. I called my parents here in canada so I can get appointments from service canada as vfs centres were closed in India. Here service canada only called for my dad and I m still waiting for my mom.
Did you get any response. I am also facing the same issue.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hello,
Under parent's sponsorship program, we have submitted PCC and medical several months ago but due to current COVID situation there has been delay in getting the visa stamping request. Problem is, my parent's passport is going to expire in next 2 months so I am wondering if I should renew their passport or will it cause any issues with current PR processing? If renewal is ok, is there a way to submit the new passport forms and will it cause any delays in processing?
No visa stamping in passport that doesn’t have at least 12 months prior to exp date. get new passport and update your VO with copy of it using web form

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Hi All,

My PGP application for my parents is in "Application received" status since September 2020 (applied June 24,2019). However, I cannot link the application through my online account. Anybody know why what would be? If they have received the application and are giving a status, why the online link cannot be established?

Waiting for this to move as it has been stuck for 1.5 years now :(

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Anyone who got biometrics done recently and received a medical request? New Delhi LVO? My parent's biometrics was done on Nov 25 and no updates after that. Wondering how long they will take to send this request. I don't see much on the tracker document.

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Did you get any response. I am also facing the same issue.
My parents r done biometrics.I booked my mom biometrics with service canada and done her biometrics. Now waiting for DM2 .
No update yet.
I can see in cic account that they do not need any medical .My parents medical got expired in December 22,2020.