+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

weekday2

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
VFS is asking for different Passport Request letter for my mom and won't forward her passport to Delhi CIC office. While I have explained them that it is family sponsorship and my mom is dependent on application but they don't seem to get it. Not sure what else I can do here

Application Recieved Date: May 16,2019
Medical Pass Date: Feb 8,2020
Passport Request: November 12,2020
Hey, What did you end up doing? I am in same situation. Can anyone confirm if we suppose to get 2 separate letters?

aj215

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
Can someone please answer to my original question? Many thanks for your feedback.

I have not seen any movement with my father's application applied in 2019. I received the AOR in December 2019 as "Application Received". I have not seen any further communication for this application. As per ecas update The application was received on June 26, 2019. Do we have anyone else in a similar situation? Is there a number I can call and enquire about the status? I know the processing is slow but I just want to make sure my application is not stuck.

Thank you for your inputs.
Thanks, Raj
I have two applications, for my parents and pil, both submitted in June 2019. Both of them stuck at 'Application Received' status. I know many people in the forum who are in the same boat.

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Hi, guys,

Just a tip to share, I sent the form required with e-signing and apparently they need "wet signatures " even though the signing section on the form says e-signing is OK.

Below is their requirement:

"UID - Applicant name
> Schedule A: We acknowledge receipt of the new Schedule A from age of 18, however it requires your wet signature. Please resubmit the Schedule A with a signature. "

For anyone who is asked for the same document, please make sure you have "wet signature" instead of e-signing to save you some time.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please answer to my original question? Many thanks for your feedback.

I have not seen any movement with my father's application applied in 2019. I received the AOR in December 2019 as "Application Received". I have not seen any further communication for this application. As per ecas update The application was received on June 26, 2019. Do we have anyone else in a similar situation? Is there a number I can call and enquire about the status? I know the processing is slow but I just want to make sure my application is not stuck.

Thank you for your inputs.
Thanks, Raj
I think lot of us who submitted our applications in last minute, have been waiting like you.
My application arrived on June 22nd, It's been on "processing" for almost year and no updates.
you can call but i'm sure they'll just give you generic "it's covid-19" answer.
Some of us ordered GCMS notes to see if can get some details, I ordered mine last week, see if it help....

RD0218

Jun 9, 2017
hey all, so i received email to do the Schedule A again for both persons. However, on their email, they said to include address and personal information since they were 18Yrs of age, i initially submited for last 10 years. Anyway, they now asking me to put info since they were 18th, which means includeing date/month/year.. on the form, only field is there for Month and Date. If i put just month and year, would there be a big issue? or how can i mention the date. the date they became 18th till today.

KWSPONSOR

Dec 21, 2020
Wanted to share my timeline here-
Sponsored my father from India. Mother is deceased. I live in Ontario. Father had super visa and had planned a visit to Canada
Application invite date- Apr 26, 2019
Application submit date- Jun 11, 2019 with PCC
AOR received- Oct 11, 2019
Sponsorship approval letter- Jan 14, 2020 along with medical request, country specific requirements, updated travel form, resume, all pages of passport and death certificate for mother request.
Email to IRCC with adhaar card, resume, all pages of passport, updated travel form and death certificate for mother- Jan 18, 2020
Medical completed and ecas updated- Jan 27, 2020
Biometric request- Oct 28, 2020
Biometrics completed- Nov 18, 2020
Call from Immigration Officer confirming applicant is inland as Father has been in Canada since Jun 2019 on super visa- Nov 30, 2020
Ecas DM2 on Dec 2, 2020
PR letter received by email- Dec 8, 2020

Good luck to all sponsors and applicants. This site has useful information and several patient folks who take the time to respond to others' inquiries.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi Everyone

We just received the final letter

My Mother application is now decision made

They have asked her to report if there was any change in her status
There was no change in her condition at all

But
We ( Sponsor and spouse) just had our baby girl born last week, do you think we should inform Visa office about that?

Or they only care about the applicant and her accompanying
?

Is my child (sponsor child) needs to be reported ?

Here is what I copied from the letter

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child;
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence;
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Thanks
Good luck to everyone

Last edited:

Nuevo

Dec 12, 2020
Hi All
I somehow can't see the option to raise the webform with category PGP under Sponsorship anymore.
There is an option for Sponsorship followed by Spouse, parents and grand parents outside Canada.
Has anything changed in webform or am I missing something?

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Good morning,

I have a question to ask the forum members. Is there any negative impact on the case processing if GCMS notes are requested? Please advise.

Thank you!!

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Wanted to share my timeline here-
Sponsored my father from India. Mother is deceased. I live in Ontario. Father had super visa and had planned a visit to Canada
Application invite date- Apr 26, 2019
Application submit date- Jun 11, 2019 with PCC
AOR received- Oct 11, 2019
Sponsorship approval letter- Jan 14, 2020 along with medical request, country specific requirements, updated travel form, resume, all pages of passport and death certificate for mother request.
Email to IRCC with adhaar card, resume, all pages of passport, updated travel form and death certificate for mother- Jan 18, 2020
Medical completed and ecas updated- Jan 27, 2020
Biometric request- Oct 28, 2020
Biometrics completed- Nov 18, 2020
Call from Immigration Officer confirming applicant is inland as Father has been in Canada since Jun 2019 on super visa- Nov 30, 2020
Ecas DM2 on Dec 2, 2020
PR letter received by email- Dec 8, 2020

Good luck to all sponsors and applicants. This site has useful information and several patient folks who take the time to respond to others' inquiries.
congrats! which visa office processed your application? CPC-Mississauga? or Delhi?

Reactions: geol

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Everyone

We just received the final letter

My Mother application is now decision made

They have asked her to report if there was any change in her status
There was no change in her condition at all

But
We ( Sponsor and spouse) just had our baby girl born last week, do you think we should inform Visa office about that?

Or they only care about the applicant and her accompanying
?

Is my child (sponsor child) needs to be reported ?

Here is what I copied from the letter

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child;
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence;
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Thanks
Good luck to everyone
Yes, you need to inform the birth of your child as noted in the 2nd point. It will matter due to family income.