+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ceclmo777

Oct 24, 2013
IRCC sent an email today that they have extended my parents medicals till Feb 26, 2021. The COPR was initially issued on March 15, 2020.
IRCC also says that "the medical exam validity may not be extended further without re-doing all immigration medical exam(s) and covering the cost for them" if they decide to travel after Feb 26, 2021.
I have couple of questions:
1. My parents are still not comfortable travelling by flight. Has anyone else received this email? what happens if we ignore this email and let the medicals expire? is there a possibility that IRCC might allow one more medicals to be done and extend the COPR again?
2. Can my parents quarantine in my house with me, my wife and kid?
3. What other guidelines do they have to follow when flying from India and before landing Canada

Reactions: serious_cheese

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Was your file transferred at all? They transferred our file on nov 19, not sure why and now the medical pass date has disappeared. I simultaneously had received the request to pay the bio fees for my parents on nov 19 since apparently I hadn't paid it during application.
We also hv the request to pay biometrics fee again in July 2020 when we already did together with the full payment of RPRF and additional of the biometrics fee together with our application submission in May 2019. We decided to pay the biometrics again upon the 2nd request to avoid any delay of the application, then later we will just make the claim from IRCC once the application is completed.

Dec 7, 2020
:( my parents have been in canada all through on super visa and I did mention that to them every time. Not sure why they still transferred my file! Everything seems to be done based on what everyone's been asked and just waiting on DM. Now I see the update on CIC account, the medical pass date of (dec 9, 2019) has disappeared and it says you do not need a medical exam. I guess we just have to wait and see. It's frustrating that others in canada are getting the virtual landing while our file got transferred.
Same here. Parents have been in Canada since the Spring of 2020. All processing is done in CPC-M (AOR, biometric, medical, travel history, CV, etc), and a couple of weeks ago (1 year after AOR), we got a letter saying the application is transferred to outland VO :(

Anonymous1987

Feb 12, 2020
:( my parents have been in canada all through on super visa and I did mention that to them every time. Not sure why they still transferred my file! Everything seems to be done based on what everyone's been asked and just waiting on DM. Now I see the update on CIC account, the medical pass date of (dec 9, 2019) has disappeared and it says you do not need a medical exam. I guess we just have to wait and see. It's frustrating that others in canada are getting the virtual landing while our file got transferred.
I had the same thing happen to my in-laws file. Check out post 45,288. Got AOR from CPC-M in Sep 2019. Did bio, medical, record check, travel history etc. in Jan 2020. Then on Nov 24, 2020 we got a 2nd AOR from London visa office and an email saying our file had been transferred. We were hoping that a decision was imminent but now it looks like a long ways away.

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
Same here. Parents have been in Canada since the Spring of 2020. All processing is done in CPC-M (AOR, biometric, medical, travel history, CV, etc), and a couple of weeks ago (1 year after AOR), we got a letter saying the application is transferred to outland VO :(
A quick question, did you receive the letter by mail or in your cic account?

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi, guys, my CIC got updated today and the only change I see is under background check line: we started... before it was non applicable status. What next? And how long the background check usually takes?
thank you
And today on ECAS additional line: we started processing your application on Dec 8, 2020

Reactions: geol

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
I applied for my parents last year (2019). Recently, I got an email from CIC requesting the following docs.

Schedule A Online: Please submit a NEW updated Schedule A Background/Declaration
(IMM5669) with information from the age of 18, detailing your education, personal history,
membership or association with organizations, government positions, military and/or paramilitary
service and addresses. This must be received at this office by: xx-xx-2020.

Can you please tell me which section of the form should I update? Do I need to provide the personal history and address detail since they become 18 yrs old or last 10 years only.
IMM5669 E: Please fill in the section applicable to your parents. For example, if they were in government you must fill section 8. If you are telling about their travels then fill in section 6. Also, make sure to update section 10 to match section 6 travel history (if applicable). Basically same way you initially submitted while adding the recent dates and activities if there's any. If you need more room, please the + icon it will add another row. hope this helps.

pdhillon

Oct 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Quick Question:

Received passport request : Nov 20, 2020
Passport Sent to Ottawa : Nov 25, 2020 (As Parents are in Canada on Super Visa)
Passport Received at Ottawa : Nov 27, 2020

PA received email yesterday asking to confirm there current & most recent address. We already updated change of address to Canada when they came here via webform and all correspondence after that we have with cic shows Canada's address.

Did anyone else received same type of email from CIC ? Is it normal ?

Thanks

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Quick Question:

Received passport request : Nov 20, 2020
Passport Sent to Ottawa : Nov 25, 2020 (As Parents are in Canada on Super Visa)
Passport Received at Ottawa : Nov 27, 2020

PA received email yesterday asking to confirm there current & most recent address. We already updated change of address to Canada when they came here via webform and all correspondence after that we have with cic shows Canada's address.

Did anyone else received same type of email from CIC ? Is it normal ?

Thanks
This is because of virtual landing process. Have you got passports back, with or without COPR

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey Guys,

Has anyone recently completed medical in India, Just wanted to know how long will it take to update on cic profile.

Thanks