+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Guys, if the page loaded with some glitch then it is a fake Ghost update. If reaching a bad gateway, it is the issue with their hosting servers. Shit old IT infrastructure.

Ermine

Jul 9, 2020
Hello,
Is it normal that all I see on ECAS is "We received your application to sponsor **** on June 21, 2019". I have not received anything since. My application did not move an inch. Is anyone else in the same situation? Seeing that so many people are already in Canada or at the final stages of this process, makes me wonder why is there such a difference?
thank you!

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
Is it normal that all I see on ECAS is "We received your application to sponsor **** on June 21, 2019". I have not received anything since. My application did not move an inch. Is anyone else in the same situation? Seeing that so many people are already in Canada or at the final stages of this process, makes me wonder why is there such a difference?
thank you!
same here, an many others.
lack of communication is unacceptable.
it's not like they are not working at all.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I made a call to CPC Ottawa and talked with an officer thought this info might help... (my brother is currently a university student in Canada and is a dependent under my parents pgp sponsorship application however both my parents are not in Canada and application is being processed by VAC Ankara.)

i asked about options for landing, the officer mentioned that not all dependents need to land at the same time and the principal applicant will need to land first or at the same time with dependents. for now with covid situation there is options for virtual landing but depends when we hear back about the application if this is still available.

i also asked upon pass request if there is an option that my brother can send his passport to CPC Ottawa, the officer mentioned we need to contact VAC in turkey if they agree but there has been cases that have done this before.

please let me know if you have an input
thanks
Thank you for sharing this info. This may be helpful to some of us here.
Your better option appears to bring your parents soon and call IRCC for virtual landing of your brother.

krishgoswami

Mar 13, 2018
Does anyone is in the same boat?

My local office is CPC-M and abroad office is NDVO.

Here is my status:

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Help - Review of medical results
  • March 2, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Help - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Help - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Help - Biometrics
  • February 21, 2020 Completed.
Help - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I called the IRCC and they said that due to Covid, file is still in CPC-M and they haven't sent file to NDVO. Does anyone know how long it will take after it reaches to NDVO.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019

Here is my status:

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Help - Interview
Help - Biometrics
Help - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I called the IRCC and they said that due to Covid, file is still in CPC-M and they haven't sent file to NDVO. Does anyone know how long it will take after it reaches to NDVO.
you can check tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqTuXZrYG6sg4UHpHBEaMbWTgbHtvxzWYedaojGh0bg/edit?ts=5e27655c&pli=1#gid=945174368

Dec 7, 2020
Has anyone here had their entire processing (AOR, biometrics, medical, additional documents, CV, travel history, etc) done in CPC-M, then right before the very last stage (presumably only waiting on a Decision Made for applicant now), the application gets transferred to another visa office?

geol

Dec 18, 2014

Here is my status:

Help - Interview
Help - Biometrics
Help - Background check
Help - Final decision

How do you mention -abroad office NDVO? If you have received communication for medical from NDVO then your file should be in NDVO only. Have you received any letter for PCC and travel history? If yes from cpc-M or NDVO.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Has anyone here had their entire processing (AOR, biometrics, medical, additional documents, CV, travel history, etc) done in CPC-M, then right before the very last stage (presumably only waiting on a Decision Made for applicant now), the application gets transferred to another visa office?
Yes, I know the file @verma, on tracking sheet 207. Completed everything by September 2019 and the file transferred to NDVO. Very frustrating moment and waited till March 12, 2020 decison made

Reactions: wait_and_waiting
Dec 7, 2020
Thanks @geol. Isn't it that all processing happen at CPC-M (including DM and PPR) for most applications? If yes, why do some applications get transferred to foreign visa offices near the end like that?

Last edited:

JATT_PUNJABI

Star Member
Dec 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, Does anyone know about the timings of Passport Office, Brampton for Biometrics, as I booked an appointment for biometrics for 5:45-6:00pm but the hours for this office on their website is till 4:00. Has anyone been there for biometrics after 5:00 pm?
TIA.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi Guys, Does anyone know about the timings of Passport Office, Brampton for Biometrics, as I booked an appointment for biometrics for 5:45-6:00pm but the hours for this office on their website is till 4:00. Has anyone been there for biometrics after 5:00 pm?
TIA.
I think they work after 4pm according to some applicants on another forum. So u shld be good if yr appointment is scheduled after their office hours.