+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
Hi @robertp @laxsun
If you can please update line 762. Received sponsorship approval email on Nov 27. Processing centre is CPC-Mississauga. They have asked for passport copy, PCC, travel form, resume, country specific requirements and biometrics. However, we haven't received biometrics letter yet.
Thank you.

Reactions: laxsun

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
My mom had got her PCC from India when she came here in May 2019. She hasn't travelled back after that. Would that PCC still be valid as she has not left this country or visited any other country after getting that PCC or would we be required to get a new PCC? Has anyone been able to submit a PCC that's more than a year old and still got accepted?

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
hello friends, my appoligies if this is not the right forum. I applied for “interest to sponser my parents” for 2020. I received email for initial confirmation of interest but not received any other email after that. Do we know if all 10000 applicants are invited. Is there chance that i will still get invite to apply for my parents pr under 2020 limit?

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
My mom had got her PCC from India when she came here in May 2019. She hasn't travelled back after that. Would that PCC still be valid as she has not left this country or visited any other country after getting that PCC or would we be required to get a new PCC? Has anyone been able to submit a PCC that's more than a year old and still got accepted?
I had the same situation , wrote a letter explaining why the PCC is old and till date they have not asked me for a new one !

geol

Dec 18, 2014
PCC has an acceptable validity of 6 months, it is better not to take any chance and get it new PCC and submit for unwanted delay.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi @robertp @laxsun
If you can please update line 762. Received sponsorship approval email on Nov 27. Processing centre is CPC-Mississauga. They have asked for passport copy, PCC, travel form, resume, country specific requirements and biometrics. However, we haven't received biometrics letter yet.
Thank you.
Do you know when did the ecas change to DM on sponsor side?

Expect that they will send or download biometric collection letters with barcodes separately.

Reactions: krazzee

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
From Cic info centre-

A PCC is valid indefinitely if you haven't visited that country after obtaining said document.

For your current country of residence, CIC considers PCC valid for 6 months from date of issue.

Reactions: krazzee and Paul09

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
You and all of your family members will need police clearance certificates from every country you or they resided in for six months or more since the age of 18.

Police clearance certificates are only valid for 12 months.
This ia from cic website.
I noticed one post where they had the same situation, for PCC and medical.

IRCC accepted PCC but they had to go for new Medical.

When submitting the PCC, explain that the applicant hasn't traveled back to India since they received the PCC. Hopefully, they will accept it.

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
I noticed one post where they had the same situation, for PCC
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.
Hope this clears the confusion !

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. (For example, if you lived in a country for eight months but left on a two-week vacation, that counts as living there for eight months.)

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

Reactions: Paul09

racinvr8

Jul 19, 2019
Hello friends,

My parents are in Canada now on visitor visa, their medical expired Nov 21. Have been waiting with DM2 since March with no updates from CPC-M. Will they have to do medical again?