+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

maximusxiv

Nov 22, 2020
Hey Guys - I been a long time observer on this thread - finally was able to get the PGP completed for parents; after many bumps and setbacks. Sharing a detailed timeline, in case it's able to help anybody else in a similar situation. However, please note that some items were very specific to my situation.
1. Sponsorship App received on May 2 , 2019.
2. Sponsor Decision Made on July 9,2019.
2. Primary Applicant: App started processing at CPC-Missassauga on July 9,2019.
3. Request for Biometrics : July 9, 2019
4. Medical Request # 1 for PA & Dependent : July 11, 2019
5. Medical Request additional for Dependent sent via email : July 22, 2019
6. Medicals Passed (myCIC) : Aug 7, 2019
7. Police Certificate & Additional Govt/Police Background info requested(myCIC): Oct 3rd, 2019 / Info was emailed back to CPC-M on Oct 5th, 2019.
8. Received a letter on myCIC indicating that the application was being transferred/mailed over to Singapore(from Sauga) : Dec 17,2019.
9. ** COVID Strikes **
10. Parents entered Canada under immediate family member exemption in Aug 2020.
11. Ordered GCMS notes / contacted MP around August 2020 and the officer's last notes on the file /around March 2,2020 was : "Recommend Pass".
12. After request via MP / multiple webform submissions to Singpore -- they sent an email : application queued for review : October 16, 2020
13. New request for another medical & police certificate as they had expired. : Nov 2, 2020
14. Sent a webform query to Singapore asking that Medical and Police Clearance be waived, since the expiry was due to Covid and IRCC slowdown and not our fault.
15. Singapore emailed to say that they tried to request a Medical extension/waiver but was unable to do so; however, the Police Clearance was waived since the Parents had entered Canada in Aug 2020 and the Police Clearance is valid for one year(Oct 2019-Oct2020).
16. Medical #2 for PA & Dependent completed in Canada : November 3, 2020.
17. Pre-arrival Services Letter (myCIC) : Nov 4, 2020
18. IRCC received the Medicals on Nov 12~,2020.
19. MyCIC Account Showing Medicals passed : Nov 16, 2020
20. Ecas : Decision Made for PA : Nov 17, 2020
21. Sent a webform to Singapore to inquire about landing process.
22. Singapore sent an email asking me to confirm the phone number on file, and that they will communicate with the IRCC domestic network (etobicoke) to inform them that my Parents are in Canada and ready to land : Nov 18, 2020
23. Ecas updated to Complete for PA - Decision Made --> Complete: PA entered CANADA at IRCC Etobicoke and became a Permanent Resident : Nov 20, 2020.

No COPR sent at this point / IRCC Call Center agents are completely useless and some are super rude.

24. IRCC Etobicoke sent two separate emails with PDF attachments of COPR for each parent. Asked for PR Photo for each parent to be sent to the IRCC Etobicoke Office for PR Card Issuance. COPR sent is valid document for PR services until the PR card arrives. : Nov 25, 2020.
** IRCC Etobicoke did not call nor email to verify that parents were in Canada -- just sent the emails.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Once you book with them, they will put you in que and they will call on your turn.
i don’t think Service Canada has opened up for online appointment..unless they have as I’m unaware of. Am I missing any thing relating to this? @geol.
Pls confirm as I’m awaiting to do biometrics in Canada.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hey Guys - I been a long time observer on this thread - finally was able to get the PGP completed for parents; after many bumps and setbacks. Sharing a detailed timeline, in case it's able to help anybody else in a similar situation. However, please note that some items were very specific to my situation.
1. Sponsorship App received on May 2 , 2019.
2. Sponsor Decision Made on July 9,2019.
2. Primary Applicant: App started processing at CPC-Missassauga on July 9,2019.
3. Request for Biometrics : July 9, 2019
4. Medical Request # 1 for PA & Dependent : July 11, 2019
5. Medical Request additional for Dependent sent via email : July 22, 2019
6. Medicals Passed (myCIC) : Aug 7, 2019
7. Police Certificate & Additional Govt/Police Background info requested(myCIC): Oct 3rd, 2019 / Info was emailed back to CPC-M on Oct 5th, 2019.
8. Received a letter on myCIC indicating that the application was being transferred/mailed over to Singapore(from Sauga) : Dec 17,2019.
9. ** COVID Strikes **
10. Parents entered Canada under immediate family member exemption in Aug 2020.
11. Ordered GCMS notes / contacted MP around August 2020 and the officer's last notes on the file /around March 2,2020 was : "Recommend Pass".
12. After request via MP / multiple webform submissions to Singpore -- they sent an email : application queued for review : October 16, 2020
13. New request for another medical & police certificate as they had expired. : Nov 2, 2020
14. Sent a webform query to Singapore asking that Medical and Police Clearance be waived, since the expiry was due to Covid and IRCC slowdown and not our fault.
15. Singapore emailed to say that they tried to request a Medical extension/waiver but was unable to do so; however, the Police Clearance was waived since the Parents had entered Canada in Aug 2020 and the Police Clearance is valid for one year(Oct 2019-Oct2020).
16. Medical #2 for PA & Dependent completed in Canada : November 3, 2020.
17. Pre-arrival Services Letter (myCIC) : Nov 4, 2020
18. IRCC received the Medicals on Nov 12~,2020.
19. MyCIC Account Showing Medicals passed : Nov 16, 2020
20. Ecas : Decision Made for PA : Nov 17, 2020
21. Sent a webform to Singapore to inquire about landing process.
22. Singapore sent an email asking me to confirm the phone number on file, and that they will communicate with the IRCC domestic network (etobicoke) to inform them that my Parents are in Canada and ready to land : Nov 18, 2020
23. Ecas updated to Complete for PA - Decision Made --> Complete: PA entered CANADA at IRCC Etobicoke and became a Permanent Resident : Nov 20, 2020.

No COPR sent at this point / IRCC Call Center agents are completely useless and some are super rude.

24. IRCC Etobicoke sent two separate emails with PDF attachments of COPR for each parent. Asked for PR Photo for each parent to be sent to the IRCC Etobicoke Office for PR Card Issuance. COPR sent is valid document for PR services until the PR card arrives. : Nov 25, 2020.
** IRCC Etobicoke did not call nor email to verify that parents were in Canada -- just sent the emails.
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing this!
Can you please tell following to put in the tracker for the benefit of forum members:
Your parents' country of citizen:
Your province of residence:
Invitation to apply date:
AOR Date:

pazivai

Nov 25, 2020
Dear All,

Need help linking the application for my mom. I have tried all probable combinations, and in the process stuck for so many 24 hours. Can some one help please guiding, what info to be filled in each field in link application page?

Thanks in advance

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
My sponsorship changed to Decision Made status in ECAS more than 3 weeks ago but I haven't received any correspondence - not clear what is the decision, where is the application now, etc. Is it normal?
No worries, If you get decision made it means it is a positive decision. If you have your application processed by CPC-M , it means you have a legal representative (paid or unpaid, form 5476E) who resides in Canada.

Reactions: Godzilla9

pazivai

Nov 25, 2020