+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@serious_cheese today I got a call from IRCC to confirm that my mom is in Canada and they asked a few questions about what my husband and I do for work, etc. And the agent confirmed that my mom is now a PR as of today. COPR was received in email and in mycic account. Thank you so much for all your help on this forum. I wish everyone a speedy process to be reunited with your parents and grandparents.
congratulations!

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
@serious_cheese today I got a call from IRCC to confirm that my mom is in Canada and they asked a few questions about what my husband and I do for work, etc. And the agent confirmed that my mom is now a PR as of today. COPR was received in email and in mycic account. Thank you so much for all your help on this forum. I wish everyone a speedy process to be reunited with your parents and grandparents.
As I can see in the worksheet that your medical expired October 20, 2020, but you got DM2 on October 31, Did they ask you for remedical?

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hello, I have been trying to get through the phone with IRCC for the past three days but encountering phone message saying all agents are busy and will try again later. Would anyone mind providing the quick way of reaching the phone agents again?
you can try to call them in the morning when they open. I remember it is 8:00 EST. It should be very quick to connect to an agent.

Reactions: ClaudiaHo

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I am in the same boat.
App Date - May 27,2019
Medical was passed in Dec 02, 2019
Biometric - Nov 27,2019
March 09,2019 - Decision Made
March 11,2019 - Pre Arrival letter
Parents are in India and doesn't have visitor or supervisa.

Nothing after that, I bugged my local mp a lot so seems like CPC - Mississauga got offended. they changed PR application status from Decision made to In Progress on Nov 03rd.

However, they rereviewed the medical and now my new medical passed date is Nov 03,2020

ECAS Status - In Progress

and local mp received an email from IRCC that NDVO doesn't have capacity to print landing document which is ridiculous.
Great now they have another excuse. Capacity issues!:rolleyes:

Reactions: colourfulcanada

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I tried booking the biometric appointment with the vfs office in India.To book the appointment, it’s asking for the vfs location where you want to book, number of applicants and separate BIL Number for each applicant. The letter from ircc does not have a bl number. It only have Uci, application and ircc number. I tried uci and application unsuccessfully. I was able to get past with application number, but since my dad and mom have the same application, it says the bil number cannot be the same.
i proceeded with booking my mom biometric,but they didn’t give ask me to book a time or date.
now I am not able to book my dad’s appointment because it says the bil number have a request already created.
I am really lost and know how to proceed. Any one have any positive experience with vfs India?
I believe, they will send another biometric instruction letter and I am guessing it will have Bill No. per applicant.
Thanks,
PS

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I am in the same boat.
App Date - May 27,2019
Medical was passed in Dec 02, 2019
Biometric - Nov 27,2019
March 09,2019 - Decision Made
March 11,2019 - Pre Arrival letter
Parents are in India and doesn't have visitor or supervisa.

Nothing after that, I bugged my local mp a lot so seems like CPC - Mississauga got offended. they changed PR application status from Decision made to In Progress on Nov 03rd.

However, they rereviewed the medical and now my new medical passed date is Nov 03,2020

ECAS Status - In Progress

and local mp received an email from cpc-missisuaga that NDVO doesn't have capacity to print landing document which is ridiculous.
Just got another update. I am thankful that VAC is slowly resuming services, but if they can take Biometrics, why can't they resume the Passport submissions service same time. :confused:

Chandigarh

View more
The Opening Hours of the VAC will be as follows, until further notice:
  • Business Hours: Monday to Friday: 09:00hrs – 16:00hrs
From Friday, 20th November 2020, applicants wishing to provide their biometrics at the VAC in Chandigarh will be able to book an appointment for biometric enrolments.
From November 25th, the Chandigarh VAC will open on a limited basis to provide biometric enrollment for eligible clients who have pre-booked their appointment.
Services to be offered at reopening starting the week of November 25:
  • Biometrics collection for BIL holders who are Family Class Priority (FCP) applicants only
Services to be offered at reopening starting the week of December 2:
  • Biometrics collection for BIL holders who are Family Class Priority (FCP) applicants and Study Permit applicants only
The VAC will also provide the following services:
  • Return of decision envelopes to applicants. Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the “Service Charge” tab of this website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC.
  • Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only). Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.
Appointments for biometric enrollments can be booked only via webform
Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the VAC may be implementing additional measures to ensure health and safety of applicants.

Reactions: colourfulcanada

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! could you tell me when IRCC is calling, is it unknown number or ?

Reactions: Aleo

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Congratulations! That agent calling you must be the case officer from IRCC.