+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Aleo

Sep 16, 2019
PLEASE HELP!! @robertp @serious_cheese

My mom has finally got her landing visa, but unfortunately the COPR letter has been lost (most probably when they opened the package at the customs in Iran - it was mailed). I know you can request a copy of the COPR from Service Canada after landing but I have no idea what to do now that she hasn't landed yet. I would appreciate any help. Could anyone advise what we should do?

Thanks

Updates for the tracker @YULIA-2016
Passport request: Feb 25, 2020
Decision made: Oct 7, 2020

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019

My mom has finally got her landing visa, but unfortunately the COPR letter has been lost (most probably when they opened the package at the customs in Iran - it was mailed). I know you can request a copy of the COPR from Service Canada after landing but I have no idea what to do now that she hasn't landed yet. I would appreciate any help. Could anyone advise what we should do?

Thanks

you received passport request before decision made?

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014

Thanks

did you try emailing Ankara and explaining the situation and requesting an electronic copy? may be also ask to send a copy to canada if they insist on paper.
also, can you please clarify your timelines. when was you medical requested and when was is received? your timeline on the tracker seems not accurate (i might be wrong)

Last edited:

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
I believe this is good news. Singapore is super efficient and they have very few cases as compared to Mississauga. The fact that your parents are already in Canada should make no difference to post approval process.
Thanks hoping this is the case. I just can't understand the reason behind the change of office when everything is completed. :(
What could be the reason?

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Hello, I have been trying to get through the phone with IRCC for the past three days but encountering phone message saying all agents are busy and will try again later. Would anyone mind providing the quick way of reaching the phone agents again?

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
Anyone received PPR from Mississauga office.
I am may 28th applicant
Medical passed in jan 2020.
No response after that.
Please respond
I am in same situation. May 14th applicant, Medical passed in January 2020. Nothing after that.

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
INDIA VACs will begin scheduling limited biometric appointments as of November 20 in: Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Mumbai, Ahmedabad & Bengaluru. Family Class applicants and Study Permit principal applicants will have priority as we phase in services.
Walk-in clients at the VACs are not permitted. All appointments must be confirmed in advance. Please do not visit the VAC unless you are attending your own scheduled appointment.
If you have a unique Biometric Instructions Letter (BIL) issued by IRCC, you will receive additional instructions via email to the email ID we have on file for you on how to schedule your biometric appointment.
More appointments will become available each week as we phase in this service.
I tried booking the biometric appointment with the vfs office in India.To book the appointment, it’s asking for the vfs location where you want to book, number of applicants and separate BIL Number for each applicant. The letter from ircc does not have a bl number. It only have Uci, application and ircc number. I tried uci and application unsuccessfully. I was able to get past with application number, but since my dad and mom have the same application, it says the bil number cannot be the same.
i proceeded with booking my mom biometric,but they didn’t give ask me to book a time or date.
now I am not able to book my dad’s appointment because it says the bil number have a request already created.
I am really lost and know how to proceed. Any one have any positive experience with vfs India?

Last edited:

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am may 28th applicant
No response after that.
Please respond
I am in the same boat.
App Date - May 27,2019
Medical was passed in Dec 02, 2019
Biometric - Nov 27,2019
March 09,2019 - Decision Made
March 11,2019 - Pre Arrival letter
Parents are in India and doesn't have visitor or supervisa.

Nothing after that, I bugged my local mp a lot so seems like CPC - Mississauga got offended. they changed PR application status from Decision made to In Progress on Nov 03rd.

However, they rereviewed the medical and now my new medical passed date is Nov 03,2020

ECAS Status - In Progress

and local mp received an email from cpc-missisuaga that NDVO doesn't have capacity to print landing document which is ridiculous.

Last edited:

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am may 28th applicant
No response after that.
Please respond
what is your time line on the tracker?

and where are your parents now?

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
@serious_cheese today I got a call from IRCC to confirm that my mom is in Canada and they asked a few questions about what my husband and I do for work, etc. And the agent confirmed that my mom is now a PR as of today. COPR was received in email and in mycic account. Thank you so much for all your help on this forum. I wish everyone a speedy process to be reunited with your parents and grandparents.