+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Do you have an idea about what it means for the visa office to change? How does this affect my application?
There has been cases in the past where the file was transferred to another LVO to finish processing. Might be because of case load? Unsure the reasoning why but it doesn't necessarily mean anything negative.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Do you have an idea about what it means for the visa office to change? How does this affect my application?
I can feel for yr concern especially yr application file has almost reach to the final stage of completion and suddenly the change of LVO. It doesn’t make sense to me, the file is transferred to Singapore when yr parents are already here on supervisa! But I can share with you on Singapore LVO is very slow based on our case. Having to say that, I can see other applicants under Singapore are moving quicker than mine even my application file submission date is much earlier than theirs. So the theory is all random and depending on the officer is taking care of your file. So basically there is nothing else we can really do but wait.

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Updated parents address to local Canada address as they are here on visitor visa and its already been 3 weeks they have reached here.
Nothing received as of now from cic. Can somebody please help to let me know what else can I do so that our file is picked ?
In how much time is it expected to receive any update ?
I am not sure whether there is a silver bullet. My mother is here in Canada for last 2 years and I thought the case will move faster but I am wrong. I have applied for her visitor visa extension also 3 months ago.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Updated parents address to local Canada address as they are here on visitor visa and its already been 3 weeks they have reached here.
Nothing received as of now from cic. Can somebody please help to let me know what else can I do so that our file is picked ?
In how much time is it expected to receive any update ?
It can take a few months. Their applications may be being processed outside of Canada (or inside Canada) and it needs to get to COPR stage. All you can do is be patient.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
@serious_cheese @seehat_inder @sg02
PLEASE HELP!!
my parents file has been with CPC-M and oct 19 they requested for my dads detailed resume and updated residential address and again on oct 28 they requested to provide my proof of relationship which o sent on nov 9.
this morning I have received a letter saying their file is being transferred to Singapore office!!
My parents have been here on super visa and we have mentioned canada as their current updated address.
We mentioned that their super visa is expiring in March but we will be applying for an extension.
What should I do now??? Everything is done and I was expecting virtual landing!! Please advise what I should do now!!
I believe this is good news. Singapore is super efficient and they have very few cases as compared to Mississauga. The fact that your parents are already in Canada should make no difference to post approval process.

Reactions: serious_cheese