+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
This is from the IRCC website:
Answer: You don’t need to give biometrics.
You don’t need to give biometrics if you gave biometrics for a permanent residence application that is still being processed, and now you’re applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit.
Due to COVID-19, as a temporary measure, if you make another application for permanent residence, you don’t need to give biometrics again if you’ve given them within the last 10 years.
This tool provides general guidance. Depending on your situation, you may need to give biometrics. If so, we’ll send you a letter to confirm that you need to.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Yes, that is my understanding that Biometrics will only be exempted if u hv done it before for visitor visa before within the last 10 years.

Reactions: geol

PkPreeti

Apr 11, 2020
Hello folks

I got DM on SA a month ago on ecas but I haven’t received SA approval letter yet
All I got biometrics request a day before DM but no SA approval letter
I’m worried now
Anybody have any idea why I haven’t got SA email yet

Ojeola

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2012
Hi All,

Can the subject go for a walk outside to anyone familiar with the COVID19 quarantine protocols in Canada? I'm making a reservation for my parent at the hotel, and the thought of them just being locked in a room for 14 days without any physical activities is overwhelming.

Food and other necessities will all be delivered to their doorsteps, so that not an issue.

Can anyone that went through something like this provide some insight? Thanks

cece2016

Mar 8, 2016
Almost same situation application date is june 14 2019.in process since 28th January 2020. Social security check conducted written in GCMS notes.Reached out to local MP but no help from her.my province is Ontario. My Aor date was 23rd October 2019.last week talked with IRCC agent.he said your sponsorship approved. Just final touches remaining. Letter will be issued shortly.ecas still shows IN PROCESS
@morinda - Thats good to know. I should call the IRCC agent to find out. Do u just call the hotline and they will give u further updates? Last time I called I felt like the lady just told me whats being shown on CIC website.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hi All,

Can the subject go for a walk outside to anyone familiar with the COVID19 quarantine protocols in Canada? I'm making a reservation for my parent at the hotel, and the thought of them just being locked in a room for 14 days without any physical activities is overwhelming.

Food and other necessities will all be delivered to their doorsteps, so that not an issue.

They are able to walk within their property but not anywhere else.

Reactions: Ojeola

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi All,

They cannot come out of the room except in case of medical concern, like if they have to purchase medicines or has to visit doctor if needed. Quarantine has to be followed strictly.

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
Return tracker activated this evening at 7pm

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi All,

no your parents cannot go outside while quarantining. If a public health officer checks in on them while they are out, they could get fined.

Sep 9, 2020
Hi Today i got Biometrics request for my mom from NDVO , but it doesn’t show on ecas login yet , is it normal, will it show that biometrics requested?
Response will be appreciated thank you