+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Yazza

Jan 29, 2015
Hi Everyone, May 29th 2019 applicant here. I received letter requesting passport yesterday. Even though the VO is CPC-M, the letter was issued by CPC-HONG KONG. In the request letter, it mentioned:

" Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical
examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date. You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended."

My parents did their medical in November 16th 2019. It is (almost) impossible to send them the passports, get them back and land in Canada before the one year deadline. Anyone else faced similar issues?
i got an update for my situation described above. I received the documents in myCIC today and it seems that IRCC gave us a less than 6 months extension from the medical expiry date and the landing expiry date is March 31st 2021.

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
i got an update for my situation described above. I received the documents in myCIC today and it seems that IRCC gave us a less than 6 months extension from the medical expiry date and the landing expiry date is March 31st 2021.
What is your timeline?

I dont see you in the tracker?

Can you please share your timeline and where are your parents ? Inland or outland?

Yazza

Jan 29, 2015
What is your timeline?

I dont see you in the tracker?

Can you please share your timeline and where are your parents ? Inland or outland?
Parents in China,
Application arrived in CIC-M, May 29 2019
AOR, Sep 16 2019
DM1, Oct 31 2019
Bio request, Oct 29 2019
Medical request, Nov 7 2019
Passed Medical, Nov 16 2019
DM2, Mar 12 2020
PPR, Oct 21 2020

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Parents in China,
Application arrived in CIC-M, May 29 2019
AOR, Sep 16 2019
DM1, Oct 31 2019
Bio request, Oct 29 2019
Medical request, Nov 7 2019
Passed Medical, Nov 16 2019
DM2, Mar 12 2020
PPR, Oct 21 2020
Thanks, ive added you to the tracker. Which LVO processed your application?

Yazza

Jan 29, 2015
Is there anyone in the group who’s medical was expired and visa office is NDVO. Do they ask for medical again OR they try and complete the application before medical expires ??
In my case they extended the expiry date by almost 6 months. CPC-M

Reactions: laxsun

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
exactly the same, my application was received on June 21 as well, and everything else except Bio requested in March 2020. I called IRCC on Tuesday and the agent told me full INLAND application received before December 2019 canbe exempted to do Bio, but IRCC was maintaining their system on Tuesday so the agent can't see detail. I will call IRCC again on Thuesday
"full INLAND application received before December 2019 canbe exempted to do Bio"
If thats the case then its a good news...

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
To my understanding after spoken to a few IRCC agents, there is no Inland applications for Parents & Grandparents
Sponsorship even u hv submitted your application from Canada and submission address on application form is a Canadian address. They are still considered Outland Applicants.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Is this for sure as I didn’t see any link on IRCC stating that. If is confirmed then will be great news for me too!
This is from the IRCC website:
Answer: You don’t need to give biometrics.
You don’t need to give biometrics if you gave biometrics for a permanent residence application that is still being processed, and now you’re applying for a visitor visa, study permit or work permit.
Due to COVID-19, as a temporary measure, if you make another application for permanent residence, you don’t need to give biometrics again if you’ve given them within the last 10 years.
This tool provides general guidance. Depending on your situation, you may need to give biometrics. If so, we’ll send you a letter to confirm that you need to.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp