+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Can anyone please clarify that what should be the applicant name? I got an email that my sponsorship application for my parents have been approved. So i paid the rprf fees. Now I need to inform cic with receipt. In the web form there is two part. One for applicant and one for enquirer. What should I fill out as applicant? Me as sponsorship applicant or my father as pr applicant?
For sending a receipt, either is fine. All they care about is if that has been paid for.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Received a letter from CIC today that my sponsorship has been approved and asked to pay RPRF.
I got a couple of questions.

1. The rprf category is " Pay your right of permanent residence fee – not Express Entry – Canada" is that right?
2. After paying rprf, it asks to send the payment receipt via the IRCC Web form at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-
renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.
What should be the applicant name here? Mine or my parents? I'm paying the rprf fees for them.

And if anyone could add my parents in tracker that would be great! Also provide the link of tracker please, thanks!
Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqTuXZrYG6sg4UHpHBEaMbWTgbHtvxzWYedaojGh0bg/edit?ts=5e27655c&pli=1#gid=945174368

If you could provide me with the details about your application, i would be happy to add your information to the tracker!

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Also any one know hows delhi office working? I mean irs slow or doing fast ?
I have seen Delhi office have requested medicals recently and also some status changes. So I'm assuming they are working. Although, not sure how much time they are allocating to process parents sponsorship files as they may have other several applications.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
I got an email last week to do biometric test for my parents. They are in India, and all the biometric test sites are closed due to COVID. No time line on when they are re-opening.
Today I got an email saying that I met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my file has been transferred to cpc-Missisauga for processing.
In the letter they are asking for some applications (if its not already submitted) biometrics, police clearance and resume for my parents. Is resume required ?

my ecas and cic account is showing “we are processing your application”. I am confused. I thought the file is suppose to go to NDVO for processing coz my parents live in India. Can someone help me understand this process.
Indian applications are either being processed at CPC or NDVO, it doesn't matter where your parents are. Yes, resume is required for both parents.

Can you provide me with your in-process date and biometric date for the tracker?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Can anyone please clarify that what should be the applicant name? I got an email that my sponsorship application for my parents have been approved. So i paid the rprf fees. Now I need to inform cic with receipt. In the web form there is two part. One for applicant and one for enquirer. What should I fill out as applicant? Me as sponsorship applicant or my father as pr applicant?
should be your father i think

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Indian applications are either being processed at CPC or NDVO, it doesn't matter where your parents are. Yes, resume is required for both parents.

Can you provide me with your in-process date and biometric date for the tracker?
@serious_cheese This is where I am confused. My E-CAS and gckey account is showing the " we are processing your application. It does not have an in-process date or says decision made. The only date available in gckey account is the application date received and 2 messages for biometric requests. The email i received yesterday said the file is been processed in CPC-Mississauga and I met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. You already have my biometrics request date in line 841.

For the PCC, can I ask my parents to request them now? I heard the PCC is only valid for 3-6 months, so don't want to get them again if cic does not need it now. Also, do they need to get PCC from every country they worked in since they were 18?

As for the CV/resume, does anyone has a template? Since this is not a resume for a job interview, I am not sure what needs to be added to my parents' resume.

Last edited:

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@serious_cheese This is where I am confused. My E-CAS and gckey account is showing the " we are processing your application. It does not have an in-process date or says decision made. The only date available in gckey account is application date received and 2 messages for biometric requests. You already have my biometrics request date in line 841.

For the PCC, can I ask my parents to request them now? I heard the PCC is only valid for 3-6 months, so don't want to get them again if cic does not need it now. Also, do they need to get PCC from every country they worked in since they were 18?

As for the CV/resume, does anyone has a template? Since this is not a resume for a job interview, I am not sure what needs to be added to my parents' resume.
You can get PCC in advance and submit. I did that and submitted it in advance. PCC will need to be obtained for every country your parents stayed in for more than 6 months consecutively since the age of 18, with the exception of Canada. PCC from Canada is not required. I would suggest starting the process now as it may take some months to gather the information depending on the country.

I wrote a regular resume for my grandparents including my grandmother who is a stay-at-home wife. I included some hobbies for her to fill up some space. For my grandfather, education and every job he has held, including dates, location, organization name etc. You don't need to provide a detailed job description for each role.

marwanco

Dec 13, 2018
Ontario
Today 5Nov2020 Got email :

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Application will forwarded to Amman for further processing."

E-CAS shows "In Processing"

What will happen next ? Will Amman office call my Mom directly? Problem she has difficulty hearing ,or they will continue correspondence with me as sponsor through E-mail? Thank you.

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Today 5Nov2020 Got email :

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Application will forwarded to Amman for further processing."

E-CAS shows "In Processing"

What will happen next ? Will Amman office call my Mom directly? Problem she has difficulty hearing ,or they will continue correspondence with me as sponsor through E-mail? Thank you.
are you her representative? If so, you will get medical/bio, etc request to your email. Either way, all requests will also be uploaded to the gckey account

Reactions: marwanco

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have a question on ArriveCAN app, I am a citizen and My parents are coming on a Tourist Visa now to visit me for 6 months, as their PGP 2019 application is currently in progress so need to check about the questions I see under the app, if someone has any idea on those, Questions are like :

1). Travelling by Air,Land or Sea - That is fine
2). Is your Travel Exempt? - What should be the answer ? Yes Or No
a). If I click Yes to above question - I get options like ( Cross Border Services, Essential Services , Medical Support Services & Trade or transport services)

Please help which options I should select above!