+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Canadian1316ir

Dec 3, 2019
I really appreciate any help here:

I am a May 15 applicant. My application included my parents and my sister as dependent child. My sister was 22yrs and 5months old in the time of the application. By law, she could not be included in the application. But I did include her adding a cover letter explaining that my sister is still fully dependent (financially as she is full-time student and legally according to the laws of her country). They did not say anything about her being ineligible to be in the application, they asked for her biometrics, her medicals and even sent her a pre-arrival letter. Today, I received a letter saying that she is not eligible to be in the application as a dependent child. They gave us 60 days to provide more info and change their decisions.

I know that according to Canada immigration law she is not a dependent children as she is older than 22 yrs old and as her financial dependence on my parents is not due to a physical/mental conditions. However I have two questions:

1. Why it took them so long to say that she is ineligible? Isn't this one of the first things they check in CPC-M? Asking for her bio, medicals and even sending her pre-arrival letter and now they noticed that she is not eligible? It does seem to me that one officer in CPC-M initially accepted my cover letter and now another officer in my LVO did not accept it. Any thoughts?

2. Do you know any similar cases? Is there a way to include my sister as a dependent child as she is financially and legally dependent on my parents?

I appreciate any thoughts or advise.
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew

Last edited:

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
IRCC aims to accelerate, prioritize and finalize approximately 6,000 spousal applications each month from October until December 2020. Combined with processing to date, this rate will lead to about 49,000 decisions by the end of this year, increasing decision making by 66%

What about parents sponsorship some of them already in their 60s and 70 ? :(
this aim does not apply to outland applications unfortunately.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
22 yrs and 5 moths
The instructions clearly states the eligibility conditions for over age limit children (BOTH conditions must be met). You should not have included her from the beginning.

Dependants over the age limit
Children 22 or older qualify as dependants if they

• have depended on their parents for financial support since before they were 22 and
  • can’t financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition

Reactions: serious_cheese

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
What do you mean? Marco said the purpose of accelerating the process is to reunite families separated by covid. Inland applicants are with their spouses already

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
We understand that the last months have not been easy for those who are far from their loved ones in these difficult times and this why, today, we announced that we are accelerating the approval of spousal applications. ....copied Marco's words from Twitter

Reactions: nguyentu2001

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
We understand that the last months have not been easy for those who are far from their loved ones in these difficult times and this why, today, we announced that we are accelerating the approval of spousal applications. ....copied Marco's words from Twitter
who knows...I've gotten 5 ghost updates this month...

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello all,

Please advise how long it takes to see if the medical exam is passed? My parents underwent the medical exam on October 28, 2020. But the system still shows: your action is required and the medical exam test line is yet to be changed.

How long did you wait?

Thanks

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Hello all,

Please advise how long it takes to see if the medical exam is passed? My parents underwent the medical exam on October 28, 2020. But the system still shows: your action is required and the medical exam test line is yet to be changed.

How long did you wait?

Thanks
We waited 5 days after the doctor submitted the report before status changed to medical passed

Reactions: Verba

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
I really appreciate any help here:

I am a May 15 applicant. My application included my parents and my sister as dependent child. My sister was 22yrs and 5months old in the time of the application. By law, she could not be included in the application. But I did include her adding a cover letter explaining that my sister is still fully dependent (financially as she is full-time student and legally according to the laws of her country). They did not say anything about her being ineligible to be in the application, they asked for her biometrics, her medicals and even sent her a pre-arrival letter. Today, I received a letter saying that she is not eligible to be in the application as a dependent child. They gave us 60 days to provide more info and change their decisions.

I know that according to Canada immigration law she is not a dependent children as she is older than 22 yrs old and as her financial dependence on my parents is not due to a physical/mental conditions. However I have two questions:

1. Why it took them so long to say that she is ineligible? Isn't this one of the first things they check in CPC-M? Asking for her bio, medicals and even sending her pre-arrival letter and now they noticed that she is not eligible? It does seem to me that one officer in CPC-M initially accepted my cover letter and now another officer in my LVO did not accept it. Any thoughts?

2. Do you know any similar cases? Is there a way to include my sister as a dependent child as she is financially and legally dependent on my parents?

I appreciate any thoughts or advise.
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew
Basically they believed that you had read rules before sending your application. They included her as dependent as you declared BUT will ask for proofs.
But if I were an officer. I would ask for proofs before asking further actions.

Reactions: Canadian1316ir

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Hello all,

How long did you wait?

Thanks
For me it took 8 months to pass the medical, after we submitted. I had to seek help from my local MP. You can see my previous comments for details, if you want.

Usually, it takes about a week, if everything is normal and no further test required.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
How to contact local MP to help with you file?
Would they give any pushback if you try to seek for their help?
What is the best way to approach them for immigration matters?
Thanks