IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
We said that their super visa period will end in another 6months to go back. I am not sure how long medical is valid, our medical was done last year 23rdOct2019. Apparently we got call in sep 2020 and again on 22nd Oct. On the same day(22nd oct) decision made got updated.
When you applied for your parents last year, they were in Canada or back in their country?

lrajesh

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
When you applied for your parents last year, they were in Canada or back in their country?
Our Application package received by CIC on27May2019. They were in Canada on Super Visa. But they went to India once during this period, to be specific in June 2019.

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
hi @YULIA-2016 and @robertp
Please update 2019 sheet for line 404 ( lrajesh)

can you update that we got PR message (online) that my parents are Permanent resident as of today and they can avail all benefits of PR. Since they are already in Canada, we can apply for PR card.

Sample of letter:
Dear xxxxxxx

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: WST-LandingEnquiries@cic.gc.ca

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with two photos that meet our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photos. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photos. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send these photos right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send these photos to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.
That’s strange, why they did not send a COPR instead of this letter?

lrajesh

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
That’s strange, why they did not send a COPR instead of this letter?
This letter on top has the COPR I'd, address, uci number, etc. I didn't post it as they were sensitive. I guess they are already in Canada and due to covid, nothing is required to be done, we can apply for PR card with this letter

Reactions: geol and Omega79

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
In September, I received a passport request for my parents they have requested us to submit our passport to VFS in Pakistan. and my parent did exactly that.

Couple of days later, we received an email from the IRCC in Canada, they were saying that they have got Permanent residence approved and says that This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada. But If we have left Canada and then we need to reply to the email given, we did replied to their email to update them that they are not in Canada.

Next day we received a email reply that was from High commission in Islamabad, they told us that since Parents are PR in Canada now, so they can not issue a visa to them, they need to apply for a PRTD. (Permanent resident travel document). they also cancelled his visit visa, because they think he is PR now.

We received a passport from them and then on 1st October we have applied for the PRTD as well. Now this Monday we have received an email from the IRCC saying that since my parents were not in Canada when they issued the PR, so IRCC has returned your status back to foreign national. Further It is important for you to contact IRCC by replying to us on email when you are back in Canada in order for us to confirm your permanent resident status at that time.

Now my concern,
1) the invitation letter was asking to submit the passport to vfs in Islamabad with in 30 days, we did it within few days but they returned it due to IRCC granting PR by mistake. but now 30 days have been passed and now the IRCC realized this mistake so they are asking to submit for visa again, but how 30 days are now gone.

2) we called CIC on hotline and they say that they can not access our application as it has been moved somewhere else out side Canada.

I am lost, not sure what to do. :-(
what a mess! i am sorry you are going through all this. if i were you, i would write a very clean short email to pakistan visa office just asking what to do. forget details of history, it makes them confused and then they transfer the email to another dep and etc. keep it short and sweet asking for directions on how to move forward. pls keep us posted on how things transpire.
Good luck

Last edited:

lrajesh

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
In September, I received a passport request for my parents they have requested us to submit our passport to VFS in Pakistan. and my parent did exactly that.

Couple of days later, we received an email from the IRCC in Canada, they were saying that they have got Permanent residence approved and says that This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada. But If we have left Canada and then we need to reply to the email given, we did replied to their email to update them that they are not in Canada.

Next day we received a email reply that was from High commission in Islamabad, they told us that since Parents are PR in Canada now, so they can not issue a visa to them, they need to apply for a PRTD. (Permanent resident travel document). they also cancelled his visit visa, because they think he is PR now.

We received a passport from them and then on 1st October we have applied for the PRTD as well. Now this Monday we have received an email from the IRCC saying that since my parents were not in Canada when they issued the PR, so IRCC has returned your status back to foreign national. Further It is important for you to contact IRCC by replying to us on email when you are back in Canada in order for us to confirm your permanent resident status at that time.

Now my concern,
1) the invitation letter was asking to submit the passport to vfs in Islamabad with in 30 days, we did it within few days but they returned it due to IRCC granting PR by mistake. but now 30 days have been passed and now the IRCC realized this mistake so they are asking to submit for visa again, but how 30 days are now gone.

2) we called CIC on hotline and they say that they can not access our application as it has been moved somewhere else out side Canada.

I am lost, not sure what to do. :-(
I’m sorry for your situation. Is there a way for you to bring them to Canada on visit visa and let IRCC know that they are here in Canada. That way I believe CIC will make them Permanent Resident.

husain_PGP

Dec 23, 2017
This might not be the best thread for this question so please feel free to direct me to the most appropriate thread but my parent's immigration is being processed under PGP 2019. my brothers are back home in Pakistan as I couldn't sponsor them (they are 28 years and 32 years). However, my parents desperately want my brothers to come here and establish their career, etc so we all can live here as a family. What are their options? They both have good jobs in marketing but since they haven't completed their bachelors etc. Express Entry might not be an option as they will not have enough points?! Just looking to get a tiny bit of guidance here!

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
This might not be the best thread for this question so please feel free to direct me to the most appropriate thread but my parent's immigration is being processed under PGP 2019. my brothers are back home in Pakistan as I couldn't sponsor them (they are 28 years and 32 years). However, my parents desperately want my brothers to come here and establish their career, etc so we all can live here as a family. What are their options? They both have good jobs in marketing but since they haven't completed their bachelors etc. Express Entry might not be an option as they will not have enough points?! Just looking to get a tiny bit of guidance here!
Have them to pass IELTS and look for an employer who will be able to make a job offer. Or have them to pass IELTS and apply for a student Visa (this might be limited due to current covid situation). Or pass IELTS and look for provincial nominee program of your province.

Reactions: serious_cheese

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Hi All,

Need your guidance.

Can somebody please let me know what reason should the parents state at the immigration counter when they are coming on visitor visa ?

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
This morning when I logged into my ecas PR still shows IN progress but when I went into sponsorship application status, there is one more line there saying
"
We sent you correspondence on October 28, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

but I haven't received any emails nor there is anything on Mycic. They had asked for address update and dads resume on 19th and i sent that on last Friday. Any idea what this could be? We didn't receive anything yesterday!
Whenever they send a request, there's a line in ECAS that: We sent you correspondence on <XXX Date>.....

You mentioned that you received one request on Oct 19th, 2020. Do you see any line in ECAS for October 19th? Because its possible that they posted an update on ECAS little late i.e. on Oct 28, 2020 for the request which was sent out earlier on Oct 19, 2020. Its very unlikely though.

For Oct 28, 2020 correspondence request, if you don't receive anything by Monday you should raise a Case Specific Enquiry. Also, make sure to check all the associated email-ids (sponsor, applicant, representative) for IRCC requests/letters.

I will share my own experience related to email-ids. At the time of application, I entered one email-id for the sponsor and a different email-id for the applicant.

We only used the sponsor email-id for myCIC registration, for raising Case Specific Enquiries or emails to IRCC-Parents-CIC. There was zero communication on the email-id used for applicant, but guess what the golden CoPR email actually came on it.

We hardly used to check that email-id because all the requests/notifications from IRCC used to come only sponsor's email-id. Somehow we randomly checked the other id on the day we got the CoPR email and got the much needed document.

Simran006

Oct 27, 2020
Yours Copy of PR card/ citizenship proof and Birth certificate to show your relationship with them. And a plan for quarantine for 14 days.
Thankyou for replying. Can they bring photocopy of my birth certificate as they don’t have original and also it’s not in English. Can they bring photocopy of my school document which shows my date of birth with their names under mother father? Please reply, would be greatly appreciated!!

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi All,

Need your guidance.

Can somebody please let me know what reason should the parents state at the immigration counter when they are coming on visitor visa ?
They are coming to stay with you for xxx days. Immigration officer will not ask the reason, he will ask - how many days they are going to stay?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Thankyou for replying. Can they bring photocopy of my birth certificate as they don’t have original and also it’s not in English. Can they bring photocopy of my school document which shows my date of birth with their names under mother father? Please reply, would be greatly appreciated!!
Photocopy is fine but it should be in English only. Accepted document should be in English or French. Please get your birth certificate translet by approved authority only. In case if your passport has your parents name, then attach a copy of your passport also on a safer side. Send a letter ( To whom it may concern) mentioning they ( parents name) are going to stay with you for xxx days and their Quarantine plan also. Always be safe

Last edited:

Simran006

Oct 27, 2020
Photocopy is fine but it should be in English only. Accepted document should be in English or French. Please get your birth certificate translet by approved authority only. In case if your passport has your parents name, then attach a copy of your passport also on a safer side. Send a letter ( To whom it may concern) mentioning they ( parents name) are going to stay with you for xxx days and their Quarantine plan also. Always be safe
Ok thankyou and how about my school document which also has all the details and it’s in English. Can that be used in place of birth certificate and mom dad can also show the sponsorship eligibility letter from IRCC which would also support The fact that they r my parents ?? What do you think?

Simran006

Oct 27, 2020
Can I get the birth certificate translated by approved authority in Canada and scan / send it to my parents in India?