+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

MartinXenix

Jun 19, 2014
ON
We actually received the CoPR via email yesterday itself (just took 1 day after the approval and just 1 week after the address confirmation :) ). The process is so smooth now with no PPR and no flag-poling required. Saves so much time and hassle.

IRCC seems to be prioritizing the applicants who are in Canada. Hopefully there are similar efforts to complete the applications for people who are not in Canada.
@sg02

Could you please explain what you mean by "address confirmation"?

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
@sg02

Could you please explain what you mean by "address confirmation"?
IRCC is calling to check if primary applicants are in Canada. In our case, we received an email request to confirm the current residential address (we might have missed the call from IRCC or they chose to email us for it instead of phone call :)) .

Once we emailed IRCC about the applicant's current residential address (and like-wise other applicants confirmed the address directly over the call), they approved the application and sent the CoPR within 7-9 days (like ours).

Lil1111

Feb 20, 2017
Hi everyone,
My family received a request to send the passport in for the resident visa. The immigration office is in Warsaw. My parents are in Kazakhstan. Does anyone know how to send the passport in. I checked the Kazakhstanie IOM (VAC) website, called them, emailed them but I cannot get enough information from them. Should the passport be sent through VAC? Can we use FEDEX, DHL or another courier service? How will the immigration office return the passport back to us? There is no instructions in the letter about returning passports.
Any advice is appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
My family received a request to send the passport in for the resident visa. The immigration office is in Warsaw. My parents are in Kazakhstan. Does anyone know how to send the passport in. I checked the Kazakhstanie IOM (VAC) website, called them, emailed them but I cannot get enough information from them. Should the passport be sent through VAC? Can we use FEDEX, DHL or another courier service? How will the immigration office return the passport back to us? There is no instructions in the letter about returning passports.
You need to use a courier service like fedex, dhl, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They can stay in the same house as you, separate bathroom is preferred. Your plan needs to specify they you will supply them with all the meals and they will stay in one room with a separate bathroom for their use.
hello all, I am planning to get my dad here in Canada on visitor visa. Have a question - does anyone know about the quarantine plane- can he stay in the same house where i live, but with the isolated room? or it has to be done in a separate property?
Although the government website still says you can still the information should be updated based on current studies showing how much the virus is aerosolized and how long it can survive on surfaces. Shared bathrooms being allowed is far from quarantine. Assume they have not reviewed the guidelines on the website. A true quarantine would be to have a family member remain in a separate area (basement is the best, of the home with access to their own bathroom and maybe a mini fridge. The rest of the family can leave food or other items at the door. If you share a bathroom it puts many more people at risk if you are still going out to work, your children go to school, etc.

Reactions: CSN

husain_PGP

Dec 23, 2017
Hi All,
Here is my timeline:

Application date: June 10, 2019
Sponsorship Approval: October 26, 2020
Application sent to London Visa Office: October 26, 2020.

My parents are visiting me here in Vancouver, BC. Should I call and let them know that they are temporarily living with me here in Vancouver until November 25, 2020? This might get them to issue PPR via email? But the thing is that my parents have not been requested to undergo medical exam/biometrics or to submit criminal records etc. Please guide me!

Reactions: serious_cheese

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
Hi folks.

I just received 'Decision Made' on my sponsorship application for my mother (App. was received in Ottawa on 19 Jun 2019) today; It says that I have met the requirements for eligibility as sponsor. And says that PR App for your relative will be processed at CPC Missisauga. I am based out of BC and my mother is in India so is Mississauga right?

Please can someone who has already been through these steps advise what the next steps are going to be.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Reactions: serious_cheese

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents application was received June 18,2019 and is in process for both side since February 07,2020. They are here in Toronto and we requested GCMS note after one month came back without any new information. It just show last update was Feb 07 and" SPR eligibility is not started"
And SA's met for: "blank" status: not started.

I was thinking our application stuck in SSA check as my husband was a cosigner and sponsored in the pas, but apparently it's not.

Any thoughts or experiences of this long delayed .

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone,
When was your decision made date?