+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone, are there any updates from Paris? are they even process PGP applications at the moment?

Reactions: imm2019

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Not sure if anyone tried but after receiving the approval for PR application earlier today, I just randomly tried to link my mom's hypothetical "Permanent Resident Card" application (different from "Permanent Residency" application). Guess what, I was able to successfully search and link it using the known details + I entered landed date as today's date (and it worked).

So now I see two different statuses for these applications as below:
1) Permanent Resident Card - Submitted
2) Permanent Residency - Approved

I believe once they ship the physical PR card (not CoPR), then only the status of Permanent Resident Card application will get changed to "Approved".

But for now, I am still waiting for PPR email from IRCC or instructions on how to download CoPR so that we can finally apply for the PR card.
You are genius!

I tried the same and it worked for me too. :)

Reactions: sg02

Masssa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AINP - Jan 19, 2015
AOR Received.
XEP April 24th. EP # May 28th
Med's Request
May 30th
Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011
Super frustrated.

Got an email yesterday, requesting police certificates for both parents, military form for my dad and copy of his military card. However, I've submitted all that back in November. So I called CIC to ask about it. Very unpleasant person told me he doesn't know if they received it back then, but he is suggesting me that police certificates are valid for one year only. Sure enough, but they haven't expired yet. And even if this is the case why would they request military records again???

Medical exam will expire on Dec 22... I've asked him if my parents would have to retake it? he said it case to case basis.

Please update my time line. PCC requested again Oct 27th, 2017 along with form 5546 and military card @YULIA-2016 @robertp

Reactions: serious_cheese

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Super frustrated.

Got an email yesterday, requesting police certificates for both parents, military form for my dad and copy of his military card. However, I've submitted all that back in November. So I called CIC to ask about it. Very unpleasant person told me he doesn't know if they received it back then, but he is suggesting me that police certificates are valid for one year only. Sure enough, but they haven't expired yet. And even if this is the case why would they request military records again???

Medical exam will expire on Dec 22... I've asked him if my parents would have to retake it? he said it case to case basis.

Please update my time line. PCC requested again Oct 27th, 2017 along with form 5546 and military card @YULIA-2016 @robertp
Are your parents here in Canada?

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Super frustrated.

I would say submit what ever they as asap. they may extend the medical.

For me they requested the Canadian criminal check record based on finger print from RCMP. As far as I knew, it was never required.

Masssa

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO - Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AINP - Jan 19, 2015
AOR Received.
XEP April 24th. EP # May 28th
Med's Request
May 30th
Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
@sg02 looks like our timeline is similar! I got a request asking for my dads in depth resume and their current residential address. I sent it on Friday! They've been here on supervisa, your file gives me hope that we may get decision made soon. My parents medical passed date was dec 2019 too!

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Another update on ECAS for PA. It changed from "Decision Made" to "Complete" early morning (maybe last night) with a line added in the end as:
XXX entered Canada at Etobicoke IRCC on October 26, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.

So here's the summary if it helps:

1) IRCC is calling the applicants who are already in Canada as per their records. They must have called us too but we somehow missed it, so we got an email request to confirm current residential address.
2) Once confirmed the applicant is in Canada, IRCC processes the application immediately.
3) The PPR (passport request for stamping) is being skipped here and the CoPR is being sent directly over email. (We are still waiting for CoPR email though).
4) Even the flag-poling is not required anymore. It was a process for initiating the PR Card by submitting one copy of CoPR (with photo) after crossing the border.
5) Now we just need to print and mail CoPR (with photo) to Etobicoke office and they will send the PR card in few weeks. Moreover with "PR Card" application separately linked in MyCIC, it will be easier to check status and verify if IRCC has mailed the PR card.
How did you get them the residential address info? I put it in a word document along with the information of their renewed passport. Also sent all pages copy of their renewed passport!

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
@sg02 looks like our timeline is similar! I got a request asking for my dads in depth resume and their current residential address. I sent it on Friday! They've been here on supervisa, your file gives me hope that we may get decision made soon. My parents medical passed date was dec 2019 too!
We actually received the CoPR via email yesterday itself (just took 1 day after the approval and just 1 week after the address confirmation :) ). The process is so smooth now with no PPR and no flag-poling required. Saves so much time and hassle.

IRCC seems to be prioritizing the applicants who are in Canada. Hopefully there are similar efforts to complete the applications for people who are not in Canada.

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
We actually received the CoPR via email yesterday itself (just took 1 day after the approval and just 1 week after the address confirmation :) ). The process is so smooth now with no PPR and no flag-poling required. Saves so much time and hassle.

IRCC seems to be prioritizing the applicants who are in Canada. Hopefully there are similar efforts to complete the applications for people who are not in Canada.
That's great! Looks like things are picking up for sure. Did you get a separate email for approval or just saw decision made on ecas?

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
How did you get them the residential address info? I put it in a word document along with the information of their renewed passport. Also sent all pages copy of their renewed passport!
It should work. We created a word doc (converted to pdf) and emailed to IRCC-Parents CIC email.

Along-with that we sent the same information via Case Specific Enquiry as normal text. But didn't attach any document to avoid duplication. Its still a sort of duplicate information but I hope IRCC didn't mind it. :)

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
It should work. We created a word doc (converted to pdf) and emailed to IRCC-Parents CIC email.

Along-with that we sent the same information via Case Specific Enquiry as normal text. But didn't attach any document to avoid duplication. Its still a sort of duplicate information but I hope IRCC didn't mind it. :)
I'm very hopeful now, let's see! :)
You're right below me on the tracker and we've pretty much had the same timeline through out :)
What do you do with the COPR?

Reactions: sg02

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
That's great! Looks like things are picking up for sure. Did you get a separate email for approval or just saw decision made on ecas?
No separate email for approval in my case. Ecas status for PA was updated from "Decision Made" to Complete". And MyCIC status was updated to "Approved".

I'm very hopeful now, let's see! :)
You're right below me on the tracker and we've pretty much had the same timeline through out :)
What do you do with the COPR?
Just printed the CoPR and sent it to IRCC Office (with one photograph). Most likely IRCC will mail the physical PR card as soon as they receive it.

And while you wait PR Card, you can use same CoPR document to apply for:
a) Bank account
b) Photo ID / DL Card
c) SIN (CoPR + foreign passport)
d) Finally Health Card (CoPR + Photo ID / DL Card + Bank Statement).

Again the process and documents may vary for others :)

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
No separate email for approval in my case. Ecas status for PA was updated from "Decision Made" to Complete". And MyCIC status was updated to "Approved".

Just printed the CoPR and sent it to IRCC Office (with one photograph). Most likely IRCC will mail the physical PR card as soon as they receive it.

And while you wait PR Card, you can use same CoPR document to apply for:
a) Bank account
b) Photo ID / DL Card
c) SIN (CoPR + foreign passport)
d) Finally Health Card (CoPR + Photo ID / DL Card + Bank Statement).

Again the process and documents may vary for others :)
Thanks a lot! Very useful information! :)