+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

lrajesh

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
hi @YULIA-2016 and @robertp
Please update 2019 sheet for line 404 ( lrajesh)
Background check completed : 25th Sep 2020
Final decision : approved - 26th Oct 2020

Received a phone call from CIC today and they informed that the application is approved. COPR available online and awaiting for letter to apply for PR card.

Reactions: serious_cheese

lrajesh

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
Hi,
Is anyone have similar situation like me. My mom application receive date is 03Jun2019 and this status not changed from Last October. She is with us in Canada for more than 18 months. I had extended her VISA due to CV-19, we thought she will get the PR so that we don't need to send her back INDIA. Due to current situation, i don't think this is going to happen.
Any suggestion to follow up on application status other than calling immigration contact number (i have done 3 times already)...
Really appreciated valuable responses.
Best Regards
Vas.
As far as I know they are calling applicants who have informed that parents are currently in Canada while applying. In our case they called and checked if they have VISA and when it is expired.
My parents application received date is 27th May 2019

ritvik123

Sep 16, 2012
App. Filed.......
7th Dec
Doc's Request.
20 March
AOR Received.
6th Feb
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27th Feb
Med's Request
19th Feb
Med's Done....
25th Feb
Interview........
N/A
Hello Guys,

I have a question regarding taxes which we need to submit for the past 3 years:

Year 2018 and 2019: I do not meet the Minimum Amount requirement for sponsorship for various reasons (laid off etc)

However since JAN 2020 I do meet the requirement along with my Wife's Salary as our total Income is 100K plus.

Are there any chances for a successful application for my parents?

In case I get the Invitation and later IRCC rejects my application, do I get the refund of my PR Application?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
RS

renukavasanth

Nov 3, 2019
As far as I know they are calling applicants who have informed that parents are currently in Canada while applying. In our case they called and checked if they have VISA and when it is expired.
My parents application received date is 27th May 2019
Thanks @ Irajesh.
Your case looks some update happened in 2019 itself, that is good in a way. Mine has no changes, I don't know what to do. I am planning to send her back since she has not done complete medical test for more than 18 months, I have taken her to clinic for medical checkups few times...
It is hard to take decision at this point after staying long time but no improvement in the process..
Best Regards
Vas.

Reactions: lrajesh

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Having UK driving licence, can I convert to Canadian driving licence once I have my COPR? Or we need to redo the driving test? Pls advise. Thank you.
we had UK driving licence, went to the driving test centre and just asked for a Canadian licence, they fill in forms, check your passports, take your photo, paid $90 each then give you a piece of paper and they keep your UK licence, we received our Ontario licence within 3 weeks. Good luck.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
we had UK driving licence, went to the driving test centre and just asked for a Canadian licence, they fill in forms, check your passports, take your photo, paid $90 each then give you a piece of paper and they keep your UK licence, we received our Ontario licence within 3 weeks. Good luck.
Thank you so much for yr prompt reply. Glad to know converting is as simple as that. Best wishes to you settling in Canada.

Reactions: Swainy

pestoo

Jul 21, 2014
For those whose parents just landed recently, I have a question on the documents needed for the landing process:

I know most of you just mentioned that it is similar to travellers enter the border, the officer would ask some questions how much money they have, how long do they stay. But my question is, I found this website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/prepare-life-canada/border-entry.html

It shows that there are a lot of documents needed (other than the passport, COPR):
  1. two copies each of:
    1. a detailed list of all the personal or household items you’re bringing with you
    2. a list of items that are arriving later and their money value
  2. Settler’s effects list: two copies of a list (preferably typed) of all the goods you plan to bring into Canada as. The list should:
    • show each item’s value, make, model and serial number, etc
    • a form BSF186
  3. Health documentation
    When you travel to Canada, bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had.
  4. etc

It just looks so complicated, and I just want to know are these really needed when landing? My parents are just traveling with one luggage each as they plan to go back next year for some time.

Any answer is appreciated!

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016

Jaela778

Sep 18, 2020
Hello everyone
I got biometric instruction letter for my mom on Oct 05/20. My understanding is that service Canada will call me for same. Anyone has any idea what's the waiting time?
Edmonton, Alberta.

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
they are not doing flagpoling, i believe IRCC is currently doing virtual landing. others have said that they received a call from IRCC, answered a few questions to complete landing and then they were given instructions to apply for PR card.
Not sure if anyone tried but after receiving the approval for PR application earlier today, I just randomly tried to link my mom's hypothetical "Permanent Resident Card" application (different from "Permanent Residency" application). Guess what, I was able to successfully search and link it using the known details + I entered landed date as today's date (and it worked).

So now I see two different statuses for these applications as below:
1) Permanent Resident Card - Submitted
2) Permanent Residency - Approved

I believe once they ship the physical PR card (not CoPR), then only the status of Permanent Resident Card application will get changed to "Approved".

But for now, I am still waiting for PPR email from IRCC or instructions on how to download CoPR so that we can finally apply for the PR card.

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi,
Is anyone have similar situation like me. My mom application receive date is 03Jun2019 and this status not changed from Last October. She is with us in Canada for more than 18 months. I had extended her VISA due to CV-19, we thought she will get the PR so that we don't need to send her back INDIA. Due to current situation, i don't think this is going to happen.
Any suggestion to follow up on application status other than calling immigration contact number (i have done 3 times already)...
Really appreciated valuable responses.
Best Regards
Vas.
My application received date is June03,2019. It’s in process since Nov 8. On oct 5th We just received sponsorship approval letter.they said file will be transferred to New Delhi. Nothing after that.

Reactions: serious_cheese