+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Last year, my wife sent her application to sponsor her parents. The online tool says it was received on June 24, 2019. She did receive an application number by email in December 2019, but online status says received, so it's not in process yet. Linking the application in her parents' account doesn't work.
We've sent numerous queries via CICwebform, but the reply was to wait patiently.
Now CIC opened a new sponsorship lottery program. Sounds like they are taking on more applications, even though they haven't started processing some of last year's!

A few questions:
1. Is it possible that CIC would abandon my wife's application on grounds of quota or pandemic? Last year they said they would accept 20k out of 27k applications. In other words, if she was invited to apply and submitted an application on time, does it mean she's in the 20k and her application will be processed eventually? We do meet all the criteria.
2. Should we fill the interest to sponsor for this year's program, just in case? There's nothing in the rules that says that prior applicants shouldn't apply this year.

Thanks!
Would suggest contacting your MP to make sure there isn’t an issue with your application. It is a bit unusual that it isn’t at least being listed as being processed.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
IRCC asked for csq, do i need to send originals or just a scanned copy ?

Lmj

Aug 11, 2020
Hi,
After medical passed on October 14th, 2020, today ecas shows decision made for parents.
No update on MyCIC, still “we need additional documents” and background check “not started”.
My parents are currently in Canada on à supervisa, what do you think?

tracker line 192
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp
For my parents DM2 date was October 2 and I recieved PPR today, October 23, so 3 weeks later.

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
So you added new passport info on the message field on the form? correct? You didn't upload a new passport copy? I don't see any option to upload any pdf document when you select the options that you listed above.
When you hit next I believe they ask you if you want to provide supporting documents, and then you hit yes and u can upload multiple documents totalling 3.5mb

Reactions: PS-BC

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
For my parents DM2 date was October 2 and I recieved PPR today, October 23, so 3 weeks later.
The strange thing i have is that background check was and still through all the process “not applicable” in MyCIC.
is that normal??

arsu89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have applied for my parent's PR and I got the biometrics request and under the sponsorship it says decision made? Any idea what that could be?

App Recd June 2019
Biometrics recd 21 Oct 2020

Reactions: serious_cheese

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have applied for my parent's PR and I got the biometrics request and under the sponsorship it says decision made? Any idea what that could be?

App Recd June 2019
Biometrics recd 21 Oct 2020
It means sponsorship approval, you will receive a letter by mail or email in the coming days.

Elaine amj

Mar 20, 2018
IRCC basically talked to all of us. She did not ask my mother any specific questions. We all kinda talked over one another lol.

One time in the past we were on the phone with IRCC and I needed to guide my mother into answering the questions correctly. She speaks good English but gets a bit frazzled talking to Immigration, especially since she happily leaves all the Immigration paperwork to me and loves that she doesn't have to know what anything means. So I had a piece of paper and basically wrote down the answers as the agent asked the questions. The conversation went smoothly.

Elaine amj

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

Last year, my wife sent her application to sponsor her parents. The online tool says it was received on June 24, 2019. She did receive an application number by email in December 2019, but online status says received, so it's not in process yet. Linking the application in her parents' account doesn't work.
We've sent numerous queries via CICwebform, but the reply was to wait patiently.
Now CIC opened a new sponsorship lottery program. Sounds like they are taking on more applications, even though they haven't started processing some of last year's!

A few questions:
1. Is it possible that CIC would abandon my wife's application on grounds of quota or pandemic? Last year they said they would accept 20k out of 27k applications. In other words, if she was invited to apply and submitted an application on time, does it mean she's in the 20k and her application will be processed eventually? We do meet all the criteria.
2. Should we fill the interest to sponsor for this year's program, just in case? There's nothing in the rules that says that prior applicants shouldn't apply this year.

Thanks!
Does she not have her sponsorship approved yet?

I also see you have had trouble linking your application to her parents' account. I had endless trouble until I followed the instructions in this link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/success-linking-application.510384/page-6#post-8509275

I do agree that if you don't even have your sponsorship approved that you may want to get your MP involved. Have you tried calling IRCC to confirm that at least the application is there? I remember I got through to them before and it was reassuring that they could see my app in their system. Don't know how difficult it is to call in COVID-19 days though.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Yes. U can use that for yr permanent resident visa. Please see the following:
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years
Ok get the point, it says "as a temporary measure" so it means due to covid-19 they have relaxed the rules.

May 28, 2019
When you start your application in the account
The questionnaire says - temporary less than 6 months and the temporary more than 6 months - you can choose any one of them
And in the form - you need to update the dates could be 6 or 9 months .
The final decision ofcourse remains with the officer for the approval.
personally do it 6 months - lol already paid $300 thrice .
I find 6 months extension safe instead of getting rejected for longer duration!
Thank you. Is it OK to file the visitor record after the TRV doc has expired but you've got your 6 months window of stay in Canada still active? Just curious!

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
mycic won't update till COPR is received
But is it normal to have decision made on ecas while background check has been and still “not applicable” since the beginning of the process (even before meds)?