La La Land!
Reactions: laxsun

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. I have a question regarding parent sponsorship

I and my sister live here in Canada and both qualify to sponsor our parents under the newly opened 2020 sponsorship for parents.
I know part of the criteria is that one should not submit duplicate applications. - does this mean duplicate applications from one person or duplicate applications for the person you are sponsoring?

My question is if I submit an application, can my sister also submit her own application?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Thank you, that seems to be my only option.

It looks like our application will be processed in Canada, or do you think that later it will be sent to Singapore? Is your application currently being processed there?
I actually havent seen applications were sent to Singapore at last stage, They usually forward it right after Sponsorship approved.
Anyway either way is fine, bz Singapore office is working now and not too slow compared with others.
I submitted passports on Oct 15,2020 and waiting for returning. We may book ticket on Dec 08,2020.

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
Hello. I have a question regarding parent sponsorship

I and my sister live here in Canada and both qualify to sponsor our parents under the newly opened 2020 sponsorship for parents.
I know part of the criteria is that one should not submit duplicate applications. - does this mean duplicate applications from one person or duplicate applications for the person you are sponsoring?

My question is if I submit an application, can my sister also submit her own application?
What I remember you and your sister can submit two different EOIs. However, if your EOI is selected means only you can apply, your sister can not. And if both are selected, then anyone can sponsor the parents. Remember, your sister can not be a cosigner similarly, you can not be a cosigner for your sister.

Reactions: ritz.edm

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually havent seen applications were sent to Singapore at last stage, They usually forward it right after Sponsorship approved.
Anyway either way is fine, bz Singapore office is working now and not too slow compared with others.
I submitted passports on Oct 15,2020 and waiting for returning. We may book ticket on Dec 08,2020.
that sounds quite fantastic! I am sure everything will be fine. Hopefully, we will be done with this process soon.

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I chose as following:
Type of application/enquiry (required)
Sponsorship

Type of application/enquiry (continued)
Sponsorship - Spouse, common-law partner, dependent children, parents/grand-parents living outside of Canada
So you added new passport info on the message field on the form? correct? You didn't upload a new passport copy? I don't see any option to upload any pdf document when you select the options that you listed above.

brucekei

Apr 19, 2014
Hi,

Last year, my wife sent her application to sponsor her parents. The online tool says it was received on June 24, 2019. She did receive an application number by email in December 2019, but online status says received, so it's not in process yet. Linking the application in her parents' account doesn't work.
We've sent numerous queries via CICwebform, but the reply was to wait patiently.
Now CIC opened a new sponsorship lottery program. Sounds like they are taking on more applications, even though they haven't started processing some of last year's!

A few questions:
1. Is it possible that CIC would abandon my wife's application on grounds of quota or pandemic? Last year they said they would accept 20k out of 27k applications. In other words, if she was invited to apply and submitted an application on time, does it mean she's in the 20k and her application will be processed eventually? We do meet all the criteria.
2. Should we fill the interest to sponsor for this year's program, just in case? There's nothing in the rules that says that prior applicants shouldn't apply this year.

Thanks!

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hi,

Last year, my wife sent her application to sponsor her parents. The online tool says it was received on June 24, 2019. She did receive an application number by email in December 2019, but online status says received, so it's not in process yet. Linking the application in her parents' account doesn't work.
We've sent numerous queries via CICwebform, but the reply was to wait patiently.
Now CIC opened a new sponsorship lottery program. Sounds like they are taking on more applications, even though they haven't started processing some of last year's!

A few questions:
1. Is it possible that CIC would abandon my wife's application on grounds of quota or pandemic? Last year they said they would accept 20k out of 27k applications. In other words, if she was invited to apply and submitted an application on time, does it mean she's in the 20k and her application will be processed eventually? We do meet all the criteria.
2. Should we fill the interest to sponsor for this year's program, just in case? There's nothing in the rules that says that prior applicants shouldn't apply this year.

Thanks!
There is a lot of people in the tracking sheet that has the same timeline as your wife's. They are processing but not into capacity with the pandemic. Please be patient. We are all waiting for our parents/grandparents application to be processed as well.