+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi all, I'd applied for PGP in Jun,19 and after so much wait received a request for biometric for parents. However my parents are in India and as per CIC's websites all the VAC's are closed until further notice. The letter says we've 90 days to do it but worried how to get it done when the centres are closed ?? Pls advice. Thanks in advance!!
[/QU[/
If the biometrics collection site closest to you is closed, we’ll automatically extend your deadline to give your biometrics.

You don’t have to give your biometrics until the sites start offering collection services again. This applies to you, even if your biometrics instruction letter (BIL) says you have 30 or 90 days.

You don’t have to contact us for this extension, and you don’t need a new BIL to make another appointment when sites reopen. Bring your original BIL to your new appointment to show proof of payment

Reactions: DJay1234

janewjy87

Oct 19, 2020
Hi all, my parents application is AOR on Oct 12, 2019. We received the biomedical info and medical exam email in Feb 2020, but we never received the sponsorship approval email neither any email asking for additional documents(e.g. PCC), is this normal? Anybody have similar situation?
Thank you!

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Free medical is a direct cost to taxpayers. Please do not underestimate the privilege given by Canadian Government for us to sponsor our parents.
[/
Free medical is a direct cost to taxpayers. Please do not underestimate the privilege given by Canadian Government for us to sponsor our parents.
This is not 100% true. Parents are also contribute towards the economy of the country directly or indirectly. Some are working and some bring their wealth. Some parents help their kids in day to day activities, and moral support which boost working efficiency. All parents are not bed ridden that they are the burden on tax payers. If anyone's spouse is not working, doesn't mean he/ she is a burden on tax payers money. You are here and working and contributing in the economy because of your parents only. Please don't misunderstood but think and study the economics how the country works.

Reactions: GameChanger

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
Hi I am May 2019 applicant. I called the CIC call center today regarding my application status and they mentioned criminal background check has been completed and we are currently doing security check. Is anyone knows how long it will take for them to finish security check?

They already received Medical in Feb and other document which they requested (passport copies, CVs and all).
Is your application being processed inside or outside Canada?

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Because you don't like it, it doesn't mean that PGP is cost to taxpayers. How do you make this assumption? We have so many other programs that are cost to taxpayers. Its not only PGP. 10 years of sponsorship agreement is not a cost to taxpayers.
Parents and grandparents are unlikely to enter the workforce so will not be paying taxes. They are older and more likely to access the healthcare system. That alone is a huge cost to taxpayers. And just an FYI, you are financially responsible for them for 20 years, not 10.

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hello there. I just want to know if anyone of you has the same case as me. I applied for my parents last May 2019. My mother is currently in Canada while my father is in his home country. Everythign has been submitted and we are on the stage waiting for passport requests. We havent received any passport request yet but I did get a call from immigration office telling me that my mom will not be approved unless my father is in Canada too. I wonder why... Is this how it is? THanks...
Who is the PA? PA needs to be landing first.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
They have received my application on June 13,2019.

I have received my AOR around Oct 2019 and SA file was "In Process" since Jan 2020

MyCIC ( Gckey ) account has the following information as of just now.

I haven't got anything in regards to medical or medical exam at all but MyCIC account says "we are reviewing the medical exam results" :oops:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

@Verooney Do you have the same status ? your LVO is Mississauga as well ?

@Verooney I have just received the medical request for both of my parents
Congrats! I think CPC-M is rushing the inland cases so that's why you received all the requests at once which is a good thing! I only received DM email, nothing else was requested.

They're saying the bio fee will be reimbursed once the application is completed but not sure what that means...

Reactions: lenalucky

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Congrats! I think CPC-M is rushing the inland cases so that's why you received all the requests at once which is a good thing! I only received DM email, nothing else was requested.

They're saying the bio fee will be reimbursed once the application is completed but not sure what that means...
In your DM email, did they ask for PCC as well ?

Oh yeah, I have already paid the bio fee so hopefully they will reimburse me after everything is done

xjh

Aug 15, 2019
Got medical exam request for my parents today. I'm wondering if they can do the medical exam in Canada (they are coming to visit in two weeks). Did anyone do landing at Niagara Falls border lately? Is it still possible to land there with the border closed?

Reactions: serious_cheese

SS.Inder

Jul 24, 2019
Hi all
IRCC has requested a social service check on my sponsorship (SSC-ON) in Ontario.
I am June 6, 2019 applicant and file is in process since Dec 2, 2019.

I checked with ontario ministry which handles these cases and i was told that they never received any reqauest and they could not find my application using my application number.

I called IRCC and i was told they have sent the request twice and are waiting for the response.

Any advice?
What can i do?

Thank you

DJay1234

Apr 27, 2016
Thanks much for the clarification. Guess i've to wait until the VAC's open. Also, was wondering if there's a way to know which stage our application is if biometrics are being asked ahead of medical, interview etc? My parents also had their medical during supervisa application so maybe they don't need to get it done again. Not sure if my understanding is right, but do you know the process steps from here and expected timelines? Thank you much in advance