+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Got medical exam request for my parents today. I'm wondering if they can do the medical exam in Canada (they are coming to visit in two weeks). Did anyone do landing at Niagara Falls border lately? Is it still possible to land there with the border closed?
yes, my brother did his medical exam inside canada. and no, poling is not possible at this point. that being said, I have read somewhere that there are offices that can perform virtual landing by appointment.

Miracles19

Jan 26, 2019
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Can anyone tell me why our parents would not need medical exam or Biometrics?
they have done medical exams in Canada, in the past, maybe 2~3 years ago for visa extension purpose, is that what they are using? or they will ask for new test later?
They will ask later, I just received the medical today

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hi everyone. I called IRCC today. The agent said that with my mom's application everyhing has passed. but the eligibility hasen't started yet. How long does they usually ch

Hi. I just called IRCC today. Everything is passed, medical, background check, the only thing they haven’t started is the eligibility. Hopefully I will receive good news in a couple of weeks. I’m June 7 2019 applicant.
I didn't know that we can call IRCC and ask re: application status!!!...
Could you please share a phone number?
I am a June 2019 applicant with medical done in Feb 2020, PCC and additional docs requested & submitted in March 2020.... Nothing after! Would really appreciate IRCC phone number.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

radneda

Oct 22, 2020
Hi all, many thanks for adding me to the tracker. Cheers! Neda

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

• Sponsored People: Mother (main applicant), Father is her dependant
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Iran & France
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 24, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 28, 2019

• Additional document / travel history request date : Nov 8, 2019 requested for additional documents: sponsor's birth certificate, parent marriage certificate

• AoR Received (DATE): Sep 30, 2020
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorshi Application: application received as of Sep 30, 2020
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.: application received

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
I am a June 2019 applicant with medical done in Feb 2020, PCC and additional docs requested & submitted in March 2020.... Nothing after! Would really appreciate IRCC phone number.

if your application is reviewed in a VO outside canada IRCC is no help for status.
re phone number and info, pls check out the last sheet (named some links) in the tracker (link in my signature).

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019

This is the number I called. 1 (888) 242-2100

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
we received medical requests for my parents today.

For those in Hanoi Vietnam, I assume you would go to the below address?
City: Hanoi
Name: International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Hanoi
Address: 23rd Floor, Building 72 Keangnam Hanoi Landmark Tower,
Pham Hung Street,
Me Tri Ward,
Nam Tu Liem,
(This panel physician or clinic provides services paid by Interim Federal Health Program. Ce professionnel désigné ou cette clinique offrent des services payés par le Programme fédéral de santé intérimaire.)
Telephone: +84.24 3736 6258
Mobile: 0934660148
Spoken Languages: English, Vietnamese

MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY

These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully. When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination You are required to undergo the medical examination within 90 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your immigration application.
Recommend IOM. Fast.

Reactions: nguyentu2001

yeah075

Feb 22, 2020

Got an email today, but dated Oct 21

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to Hong Kong for further processing.

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I heard a rumor that CIC is indeed prioritizing applicants (parents) who are currently in Canada..

Reactions: serious_cheese

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
For those who already sent their passports to vfs manila for visa stamping..please let me know how did you guys used their courier service? The website doesn't give a lot of info. I don't have a clue of what to do, please guide me. Thank you.

Elaine amj

Mar 20, 2018
Update! Just ONE WEEK after we got the PPR (we mailed her pasport off last week), we got a call from IRCC today. My mother is currently in Canada. Since DH and I (the sponsors) and my mother were all available, we were able to talk to the agent on speakerphone and she processed the virtual landing on the spot!

She had a few simple questions to confirm address and emails. She also asked to confirm date my mother first arrived on her supervisa back in 2016 as she didn't get her passport stamped (she has been spending 8-10 months a year here since). It was my mother's birthday so we easily recalled the date.

We received the COPR on her account shortly afterwards. We had to print it out, include a passport photo and send it to our local IRCC office in our city to process her PR card.

With the COPR, she can now apply for a SIN number and an Ontario Health Card.

Thanks for everything, everyone! This forum was invaluable throughout this process.

Got PPR and we are super excited! Thank you to all whose comments, posts and advice helped in this long journey!

Please see updated info in bold below.

@YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker: 327
Sponsored People: Mother
Parents Country of Citizenship: Malaysia
Sponsor Province: Ontario
Invitations Receive Date: April 24, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: May 21, 2019
AoR Received (DATE): August 16, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Approved
Ecas Status for PR Application. In Process: January 31, 2020
Sponsorship In process Date:
Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Jan 23, 2020
Local Visa Office : Singapore
Biometric request : Feb 6, 2020
MyCIC update:
IME request date : June 9, 2020
IME Passed date: June 29, 2020
PCC request: IRCC did not request PCC
Additional document / travel history request date : Sept 20, 2019: requested Option C printouts for 2018 for sponsor & co-sponsor and death certificate for my mother's spouse.
PR decision made date : Oct 14, 2020
PPR date : Oct 14, 2020
Comment / additional information :

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congrats! I think CPC-M is rushing the inland cases so that's why you received all the requests at once which is a good thing! I only received DM email, nothing else was requested.

They're saying the bio fee will be reimbursed once the application is completed but not sure what that means...
Don’t think they are rushing. This is relatively normal processing times.