+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
I need help understanding if my parents have traveled to Canada 3 years ago on a tourist visa. Do they still need to give a biometrics exam? I am little confused if they take biometrics for people who visit Canada on a tourist visa and if this can be used in PR application. Sorry for this silly question.
I was in the same situation and CIC did not ask for biometrics for my parents.

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
I was in the same situation and CIC did not ask for biometrics for my parents.
Thanks for helping me answering my question. What was the next step for you? Did Immigration ask for Medical and police certificate? What is the deadline they give for this document submission? My parent's passport expiring in Dec and we will be renewing it, which ideally will take 15-30 days.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks for helping me answering my question. What was the next step for you? Did Immigration ask for Medical and police certificate? What is the deadline they give for this document submission? My parent's passport expiring in Dec and we will be renewing it, which ideally will take 15-30 days.
My parents passports were also expiring last month and I submitted their renewed passports a couple of weeks ago. they didn't ask for anything from me. My SA application status was changed to Decision made last week and I just received the DM letter.
I hope to receive Medical letter soon!

Reactions: serious_cheese

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
My parents passports were also expiring last month and I submitted their renewed passports a couple of weeks ago. they didn't ask for anything from me. My SA application status was changed to Decision made last week and I just received the DM letter.
I hope to receive Medical letter soon!
Thanks for replying. How did you submit your parent's new passports?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
You selected Type of query = "Replacement documents, Amendments to documents and Verification of Status documents " Correct? Thanks Again!
I chose as following:
Type of application/enquiry (required)
Sponsorship

Type of application/enquiry (continued)
Sponsorship - Spouse, common-law partner, dependent children, parents/grand-parents living outside of Canada