+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
wow! what a waste of time and money it would be if they mail these letters to everyone! what was wrong with an email? Frustrating...
I know it's weird!
No nothing wrong with email. I receive my AOR back in July last year through email and have sent several inquiries through email and they have responded through email as well.

Happy0101

May 31, 2019
In most cases it takes a week or so to get the approval letter. My SA status changed to DM one week ago and no email yet but I just called CIC and the agent confirmed that I passed the eligibility and SA approval letter is being MAILED to me not email! And told me that my application is currently in Mississauga case processing center.
Hello ... did you call them today? Don’t know why the sent through mail instead of email . Last year they sent me application number and requested docs through mail and instead of sending to My representative they sent to me .. i am wondering if i got through mail , who they gonna send it to , me or my representative

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun

Parents received passports with immigrant visa on them and COPR today.

My father COPR says under condition:
"32: Must report for Medical Examination, Surveillance or treatment and at specified time and places.Provide proof of compliance".

What does that mean? Any one?

Received "Medical Surveillance Undertaking" form with my father's info on it only in my cic account today.

What to do with it? Any one? I have sponsored my father and mother.

No instructions were given and the cic says "your action is required"
There was a discussion on this few months ago but I cannot remember exactly what has to be done. I can only remember that it is not a big deal. It may be your father will be asked to go for some tests after landing.

Others may know better on this @bdidol

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Finally, after more than a year waiting, they started processing our application. Still no Sponsorship approval, but Biometrics requested on Oct 20. Who updates the spreadsheet these days?
Updated in the tracker. CPC-M sends out biometric request around same time the sponsorship approval. Keep checking ecas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Godzilla9

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
As per GCMS notes, our file is under Criminality Check since January 2020. All medicals, biometrics and PCC already done. File is at NDVO. No movement. GCMS states medical is valid till end of Oct only.
Last DM2 from NDVO was April 30, 2020. However some have received pre-arrival service letter and medical pass.

When was your medical pass date? It is missing in the tracker.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
How long did it take to get GCMS notes from NDVO ?
Usually, it's 30 days or under. Most have received their notes within 30 days. This is what they say when you request notes.

COVID 19 – Delays in Processing your Request
The Government of Canada’s Access to Information and Privacy Offices currently have a reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures put in place to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be delays in responding to requests submitted under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act during this period. Departments will continue to make every reasonable effort to respond to requests, in accordance with the current operational realities. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during this period.