+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Can anyone share if this is normal? No decision made no PGP file submitted in 2019.
My cousin ordered his gcms notes and it shows as following ( I have written it as it is. no punctuation mistakes) -
Application lock-in date: June 6, 2019.
Sponsorship eligibility: Pre-Assessment in Progress Social Service check to be sent:SPR
SSC [BC] conducted. FC4 Sponsorship category: Parent Correct fees received and allocated.
Authorized representative status: Unpaid Rep is the sponsor R10 requirements have been met. Co-Signer on file. Co-signer is (name) residing in Canada.
SPR is Canadian citizen residing in Canada. SPR landed on (PR landing date) as a skilled worker PA is married. Sufficient evidence provided to support marriage.PA's partner will be acompanying. Supporting documents: - Marriage certificate on file. SPR has submitted the following documents as proof of relationship: -Birth certificate
V/O to request additional documents if necessary.
Case pending officer review.

Can anyone share what does this mean & if file is stuck inside Canada at a local VO?
Does Social Service Check mean background check? Thanks.
Hi
According to these notes, your cousin’s file is stuck on Social Services Check. File is stuck in Canada on the initial stage (Sponsorship Part). IRCC wants to check if your cousin or co-signer ever took any social assistance from BC province (They do it in cases where the sponsor has sponsored someone in the past i.e. spouse or if the co-signer ever sponsored parents)
In this case, IRCC has sent a letter to BC’s social services department and they may or may not have got a response yet. Your cousin may try to call Social Services office nearby his place of residence to check if they can send the response to IRCC or he should get in touch with the MLA of his area and explain them the situation, then the MLA would contact Social Services and ask them to respond to IRCC.

Reactions: Roya-FSW

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi
According to these notes, your cousin’s file is stuck on Social Services Check. File is stuck in Canada on the initial stage (Sponsorship Part). IRCC wants to check if your cousin or co-signer ever took any social assistance from BC province (They do it in cases where the sponsor has sponsored someone in the past i.e. spouse or if the co-signer ever sponsored parents)
In this case, IRCC has sent a letter to BC’s social services department and they may or may not have got a response yet. Your cousin may try to call Social Services office nearby his place of residence to check if they can send the response to IRCC or he should get in touch with the MLA of his area and explain them the situation, then the MLA would contact Social Services and ask them to respond to IRCC.
Thanks. But that is the point of confusion for us because in the 2nd line it says SPR [BC] conducted. So does it mean its completed? or not yet?

Miracles19

Jan 26, 2019
Hi all, I got DM sponsor side and they sent me SA approval letter last week requesting copy of passport, pcc and cv etec, so when should I expect the medical email ?when I checked the dates on the tracker I saw most of u received it before the pcc or within days after the pcc request , any idea ? Thx

ZenithXion

Dec 8, 2019
Hi all, per the tracker visa offices around the world are starting to make updates however NDVO is one of the few where there is no update since August. Is there any indication of whether the PGP 2019 applications with NDVO will be included in the push IRCC has promised for before December 2020? I find it quite strange that they can't have their staff work from home. I understand internet in Delhi should be pretty good especially in the place where the embassy folks are living. At what point would it be valid to look in to this from a legal action standpoint? After 2 years have passed? My mom lives by herself and is aging, missing precious time with her grandkids, and some folks are ahead in the process even though their applications were submitted after mine. I regret not submitting the application sooner so it wouldn't have been part of the overflow transfer to unresponsive NDVO.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Could you take a look please? Thank you.

As per the note you have share, the application is complete and everything is in order.

Social Service Check is done to determine if the applicant is receiving any social benefits or assistance from the government that may make him ineligible to sponsor. The BGC is different form the SSC.

The note you have shared is for the completeness check showing that the application is complete and in processing. All family sponsorship applications are initiated at CPC in Mississauga and can be sent to other offices based on work load.

See page 1-2 for the office where your application currently is.

Hope this helps!

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi all, per the tracker visa offices around the world are starting to make updates however NDVO is one of the few where there is no update since August. Is there any indication of whether the PGP 2019 applications with NDVO will be included in the push IRCC has promised for before December 2020? I find it quite strange that they can't have their staff work from home. I understand internet in Delhi should be pretty good especially in the place where the embassy folks are living. At what point would it be valid to look in to this from a legal action standpoint? After 2 years have passed? My mom lives by herself and is aging, missing precious time with her grandkids, and some folks are ahead in the process even though their applications were submitted after mine. I regret not submitting the application sooner so it wouldn't have been part of the overflow transfer to unresponsive NDVO.
We can understand the agitation but Agents cannot work from home due to sensitive nature of Data. Canadian PR is a privilege and not a right.. there is not a possibility of legal action. Every file is different and only thing left is to wait and watch or apply Supervisa.

Reactions: serious_cheese

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hi all, per the tracker visa offices around the world are starting to make updates however NDVO is one of the few where there is no update since August. Is there any indication of whether the PGP 2019 applications with NDVO will be included in the push IRCC has promised for before December 2020? I find it quite strange that they can't have their staff work from home. I understand the internet in Delhi should be pretty good especially in the place where the embassy folks are living. At what point would it be valid to look into this from a legal action standpoint? After 2 years have passed? My mom lives by herself and is aging, missing precious time with her grandkids, and some folks are ahead in the process even though their applications were submitted after mine. I regret not submitting the application sooner so it wouldn't have been part of the overflow transfer to unresponsive NDVO.
Hi, I was told NDVO is open but only performing emergency and limited services, I was also told they are working on immigration applications. You shouldn't worry as your application is way ahead compared to my given your lock-in date is June 3, 2019, and my May 15, 2019. Most applicants were lucky their file processed within few months but some were unfortunate. You and I share the same story but we don't have the option to wait.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hi all, I got DM sponsor side and they sent me SA approval letter last week requesting copy of passport, pcc and cv etec, so when should I expect the medical email ?when I checked the dates on the tracker I saw most of u received it before the pcc or within days after the pcc request , any idea ? Thx
how long after the DM1 date did you receive the email?

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
As per GCMS notes, our file is under Criminality Check since January 2020. All medicals, biometrics and PCC already done. File is at NDVO. No movement. GCMS states medical is valid till end of Oct only.

rimpysadhrey

Star Member
May 29, 2018
As per GCMS notes, our file is under Criminality Check since January 2020. All medicals, biometrics and PCC already done. File is at NDVO. No movement. GCMS states medical is valid till end of Oct only.
How long did it take to get GCMS notes from NDVO ?

Last edited:

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
how long after the DM1 date did you receive the email?
In most cases it takes a week or so to get the approval letter. My SA status changed to DM one week ago and no email yet but I just called CIC and the agent confirmed that I passed the eligibility and SA approval letter is being MAILED to me not email! And told me that my application is currently in Mississauga case processing center.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
In most cases it takes a week or so to get the approval letter. My SA status changed to DM one week ago and no email yet but I just called CIC and the agent confirmed that I passed the eligibility and SA approval letter is being MAILED to me not email! And told me that my application is currently in Mississauga case processing center.
Thanks, I got DM last Friday but no email so far. Are your parents in Canada? If so then MAIL option makes sense.

Parent2019

Feb 10, 2020
@laxsun

Parents received passports with immigrant visa on them and COPR today.

My father COPR says under condition:
"32: Must report for Medical Examination, Surveillance or treatment and at specified time and places.Provide proof of compliance".

What does that mean? Any one?

Received "Medical Surveillance Undertaking" form with my father's info on it only in my cic account today.

What to do with it? Any one? I have sponsored my father and mother.

No instructions were given and the cic says "your action is required"