+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Hello,
Is there any specific duration one can request in the Visitor Record? Please advise.
Example - can we request to extend our stay in our visitor record application for additional 9 months (after completing the initial 6 months on TRV)?
Thanks in advance
When you start your application in the account
The questionnaire says - temporary less than 6 months and the temporary more than 6 months - you can choose any one of them
And in the form - you need to update the dates could be 6 or 9 months .
The final decision ofcourse remains with the officer for the approval.
personally do it 6 months - lol already paid $300 thrice .
I find 6 months extension safe instead of getting rejected for longer duration!

Last edited:
Reactions: nitin.krishnatri

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
We just got DM for my MIL! Virtual landing and got COPR through email.

We had been stuck in IME Passed since Feb. Early October, we got ghost update and Background check changed to In-Process. Two weeks later, we got DM!
Congrats!! Quick question, did you have to let them know separately that she is in Canada?
also, were you requested a detailed in depth resume for your her a second time?
when did she do her medical?
My parents did their medical last November and I just received a letter from them yesterday asking for a detailed resume for my dad and their current address and how long they intend to stay

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Yes resume request is normal request. The status/address update request is also normal because if your parents are here, they can do virtual landing instead
Since their super visa expires in March, should I mention that they will be here till March? Because if PR comes by then we won't apply for super visa extension as they will be staying here with me and no plans of going back

Reactions: serious_cheese

Omega79

Jun 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Damascus, Beirut, Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ: 30-06-2010
AOR Received.
Federal: 20-07-2010
File Transfer...
Bucharest 22-02-2012
Med's Request
27-05-2014 (second request, didn't receive the first in may 2013)
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2014
LANDED..........
April 1st, 2015
We just got DM for my MIL! Virtual landing and got COPR through email.

We had been stuck in IME Passed since Feb. Early October, we got ghost update and Background check changed to In-Process. Two weeks later, we got DM!
Congrats,
Before the ghost update in early October and the change of background check to “in process” was the status of background “not applicable”?

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
My ecas shows decision made on sponsor side today but nothing is different when I click the link.

Also no update on my cic. What does decision made means in this scenario? No email or message in my cic account either ..

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
My ecas shows decision made on sponsor side today but nothing is different when I click the link.

Also no update on my cic. What does decision made means in this scenario? No email or message in my cic account either ..
I believe on ECAS status changes first, then on my CIC, congrats!!

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Have’t checked status for a while and today when I checked it says “Decision made“ but when I clicked it no Recent lines added. (Last line is regarding receipt of medical result) How long does it usually take to get an email or an update on Ecas regarding decision?
When was your medical pass date?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Since their super visa expires in March, should I mention that they will be here till March? Because if PR comes by then we won't apply for super visa extension as they will be staying here with me and no plans of going back
yea i think your logic makes sense because technically that's how long they are legally allowed to stay in Canada currently. You can still change your mind and apply for visa extension later on if necessary

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020

sponsorship decision made won't have any update on mycic which is for PR applicant. You should expect email for sponsorship decision made.

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
Hi, IRCC has requested for the latest address and phone number of my parents. I sent this information in an email. Do I need to fill out any sort of immigration forms for sending the latest address details of my parents?
Please advise, thanks in advance!