+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mani2019

Nov 25, 2019
I got the same on Friday. Logged in nothing was new. Only change was in background section stating
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Again today(Monday) i saw application/Profile updated) but this time there was no change in any of the sections.

Line # in tracker:757
Sponsored People:1
Parents Country of Citizenship:India
Sponsor Province:BC
Invitations Receive Date:April 26,2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:June 21,2019
AoR Received (DATE):Dec 03, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date: June 21,2019Date: March 02,2020Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:June 21,2019Date:Date:
Local Visa Office Name:CPC - Mississauga
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:Review of medical results - March 18, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:March 11,2020Date: Mar 18,2020
PCC request:March 11,2020
Additional document / travel history request date :March 11, 2020
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :Ecas>SA Ouside >Decision Made
Ecas>SA Inside > IN Process
Ecas>PA Outside> In Process
ECAS> PA Inside> Medical

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello, I have something to clarify with you. As you know, the Interest to sponsor forms for 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program are now available, many people started exploring more. One question I got here.

As part of the eligibility, there is an income amount set by CIC. The detail can be found as below:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

The question is, if a sponsor has met the income requirement for current year (2020), previous year (2019), but slightly off for the 2018, would he meet the requirement? My understanding is NO.

What do you think?

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016

just received the below document request today.
"1. CV/Resume: Please provide a NEW in-depth CV/resume containing adequate details of your employment and professional history from the age of 18. Ensure to include specific details about your job positions and duties. There must be NO gaps in information. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/17

2. Client Information: In order to aid in streamlining your application please provide the following the updated residential addresses for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). If you or your family member are currently residing in Canada, please also provide the projected time period of your stay (dd/mm/yy to dd/mm/yy). Important: Please keep our office updated with any changes to your country of residence, address or circumstances. These updates aid in efficiently processing your application. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/17"

1. Detailed resume for dad - not sure why they need an in depth resume? Is this a normal request?
1. Detailed resume for dad - not sure why they need an in depth resume? Is this a normal request?
2. A status/address update request.

Has anyone received this for their application?

Couple of things to note- their medical was done in nov 2019
Also, they're passport and super visa is due to expire In March 2021, we sent their passports for renewal but waiting on super visa extension.

They want to knowfrom whichdate to which date they will be here- what should I mention here ? They have no plans on going back!!!

please please help!!
Yes resume request is normal request. The status/address update request is also normal because if your parents are here, they can do virtual landing instead

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hello, I have something to clarify with you. As you know, the Interest to sponsor forms for 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program are now available, many people started exploring more. One question I got here.

As part of the eligibility, there is an income amount set by CIC. The detail can be found as below:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

The question is, if a sponsor has met the income requirement for current year (2020), previous year (2019), but slightly off for the 2018, would he meet the requirement? My understanding is NO.

What do you think?
Unless there is co-signer who can help to meet the income requirement, otherwise, you are right, NO. B.T.W, I think there is a PGP 2020 forum, you can ask there.

ferret2019

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
@robertp @YULIA-2016

just received the below document request today.
"1. CV/Resume: Please provide a NEW in-depth CV/resume containing adequate details of your employment and professional history from the age of 18. Ensure to include specific details about your job positions and duties. There must be NO gaps in information. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/17

2. Client Information: In order to aid in streamlining your application please provide the following the updated residential addresses for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). If you or your family member are currently residing in Canada, please also provide the projected time period of your stay (dd/mm/yy to dd/mm/yy). Important: Please keep our office updated with any changes to your country of residence, address or circumstances. These updates aid in efficiently processing your application. This must be received at this office by: 2021/01/17"

2. A status/address update request.

Has anyone received this for their application?

Couple of things to note- their medical was done in nov 2019
Also, they're passport and super visa is due to expire In March 2021, we sent their passports for renewal but waiting on super visa extension.

They want to knowfrom whichdate to which date they will be here- what should I mention here ? They have no plans on going back!!!

please please help!!
If the applicants are in Canada, most likely they will get processed in higher priority and get virtual landing as well.

Reactions: serious_cheese

phamhainguyen68

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront in Aug 2015
Interview........
Recommend Waived on 05-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016 (received on 21-06-2016)
LANDED..........
Waiting...
We just got DM for my MIL! Virtual landing and got COPR through email.

We had been stuck in IME Passed since Feb. Early October, we got ghost update and Background check changed to In-Process. Two weeks later, we got DM!

jmjmjmjm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2015
AOR Received.
April 22, 2015
File Transfer...
May 25, 2015
Med's Done....
February 2015
Passport Req..
June 10, 2015 passport sent to CEM Sept. 4, 2015
Have’t checked status for a while and today when I checked it says “Decision made“ but when I clicked it no Recent lines added. (Last line is regarding receipt of medical result) How long does it usually take to get an email or an update on Ecas regarding decision?

Reactions: serious_cheese

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
We just got DM for my MIL! Virtual landing and got COPR through email.

We had been stuck in IME Passed since Feb. Early October, we got ghost update and Background check changed to In-Process. Two weeks later, we got DM!
Hi
Congratulations!
I remember you were stuck with SSC like me.
So our timelines were kind of similar.
Could you please tell me if your visa office is CpC-M?

May 28, 2019
I applied for visitors record - twice already for my mother who is here on visitors visa
If your parents are here on visitors visa - 6 months ( which is permitted by immigration) - after that you need to apply for extension of visitor record asking them to grant stay for your parents in Canada - even if they hold valid visa
visitors record has nothing to do with visa
its extending stay beyond 6 months in Canada.
If i make sense!

The below mentioned link - is for extension of your stay

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/apply.html
Hello,
Is there any specific duration one can request in the Visitor Record? Please advise.
Example - can we request to extend our stay in our visitor record application for additional 9 months (after completing the initial 6 months on TRV)?
Thanks in advance

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Can anyone share if this is normal? No decision made no PGP file submitted in 2019.
My cousin ordered his gcms notes and it shows as following ( I have written it as it is. no punctuation mistakes) -
Application lock-in date: June 6, 2019.
Sponsorship eligibility: Pre-Assessment in Progress Social Service check to be sent:SPR
SSC [BC] conducted. FC4 Sponsorship category: Parent Correct fees received and allocated.
Authorized representative status: Unpaid Rep is the sponsor R10 requirements have been met. Co-Signer on file. Co-signer is (name) residing in Canada.
SPR is Canadian citizen residing in Canada. SPR landed on (PR landing date) as a skilled worker PA is married. Sufficient evidence provided to support marriage.PA's partner will be acompanying. Supporting documents: - Marriage certificate on file. SPR has submitted the following documents as proof of relationship: -Birth certificate
V/O to request additional documents if necessary.
Case pending officer review.

Can anyone share what does this mean & if file is stuck inside Canada at a local VO?
Does Social Service Check mean background check? Thanks.

Reactions: PunjabiDeadpool

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
biometric question, I have the below under my dad's profile, do you think in this case Biometrics will not be needed? Thanks.

• Biometrics Number: 000000000000000000000
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: March 16, 2018
  • Expiry Date: March 16, 2028
If biometric was done for temporary resident visa it may not be acceptable for permanent resident visa. They may ask again to do biometrics FOR permanent resident visa.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
If biometric was done for temporary resident visa it may not be acceptable for permanent resident visa. They may ask again to do biometrics FOR permanent resident visa.
Yes. U can use that for yr permanent resident visa. Please see the following:
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
biometric question, I have the below under my dad's profile, do you think in this case Biometrics will not be needed? Thanks.

• Biometrics Number: 000000000000000000000
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: March 16, 2018
  • Expiry Date: March 16, 2028
Yr dad do not have to do biometrics again.

Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years

Reactions: nguyentu2001