+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gary647

Oct 15, 2020
Why would you need a visa extension if your visa is still valid? Do you mean for example, they have to exit every 6 months but the validly goes beyond the 6 month mark?
I'm not sure about that to be honest. My understanding is that a visitor record is to be applied for as an extension after visa expiry. Check the link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html
IMHO, Visitor Visa validity (which could be a maximum of 10 years or up to the validity of passport) and Visitor stay extension/visitor record (which could be a maximum of 6 months) are two separate things.

The link you mentioned is for Visitor stay extension, but I didn't find anything for the Visitor Visa extension. I am still wondering if I have to apply for a new visitor visa application.

Hopefully one of our experts may chime in on this one

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
not sure what is MP
Looking at the original thread, Iaxun was referring to provincially controlled social services. Hence, he suggested contacting MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) who is a representative just like MP (Member of Parliament). But, MLA is at provincial level whereas MP represents constituents at the national level. It's a good idea to learn those basic and to utilize your rights to vote.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
I have submitted the application of my parents in Jun 2019. In Dec 2019, I received a letter acknowledging that they have received the application. Since then I am seeing the status "In Progress" on the website. Is there a hold on PR for Parents? Does any one has any update on what is going on with CIC?

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Hi All, I am still waiting on my application which currently is In progress.

Invitation received: Apri 28, 2019
Appl. received: June 19, 2019
AOR: Nov 27, 2019
E-Cas Status: In progress (Feb 28, 2020)

No more updates....... :(
Anyone in the same timeline who has received any other update?

Thanks,
PS
I am in the same boat. I received the AOR on 9th Dec 2019 and since the application is in In Progress. I am trying to find out if CIC is still processing the application.

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ask your MP to contact social service office in your area and they will be able to locate the request from IRCC.

In my case Social service got a request from IRCC in December 2019 and they replied back in the same month. However, for some reason IRCC never got the reply. I found all this information through our MP.

Social services sent the reply to IRCC again this month and then my MP was able to get confirmation from IRCC that now they can see the reply from social service in their system. I am still waiting now for it to be looked by an officer so it can get into DM.

There is some issue that IRCC doesn't get replies from social services... Due to which my file was stuck for last 10 months without any progress. I suggest you contact your MP to find out
Are these before medical request or after medical request?

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I am in the same boat. I received the AOR on 9th Dec 2019 and since the application is in In Progress. I am trying to find out if CIC is still processing the application.
Same thing. AOR recived September 14th 2019 and since the application is in In Progress. Contacted twice with CIC--replayed -file in proceed no action needed at current time. Too sad.

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Looking at the original thread, Iaxun was referring to provincially controlled social services. Hence, he suggested contacting MLA (Member of the Legislative Assembly) who is a representative just like MP (Member of Parliament). But, MLA is at provincial level whereas MP represents constituents at the national level. It's a good idea to learn those basic and to utilize your rights to vote.
Thank you ,much appreciated.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
What should be the normal timeframe? Do you know timeframe after DM to get passport request?
Look into the spreadsheet, usually takes few days to few weeks. And if no additional docs required after medical pass date usually takes 1-3 months to DM 2....

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks I am living in Toronto, not sure what is MLA? Can you please let me know
MLA is the Member of Legislative Assembly (for Ontario in your case). I believe you can search in the internet with your address or ask your neighbor who owns a home. They have constituency offices with some assistants dealing with various issues of voters.

Last edited:

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Same here, application sent June 14th, received AOR sometime in October 2019, and I just received an email requesting a letter of explanation for a missing information in a form. I feel positive we will be hearing from them soon.

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
For police clearance, if my mom is here in Canada since March in a visitors visa, and if they request a police clearance, can she get hers done here in Canada?
And my dad is back in Cuba right now, does he needs to get his done in Cuba I assume?
Ho long is the police clearance valid for?
Thank you.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Anyone know if Income is not sufficient in 2019 due to on maternity leave, but the annual income is enough. Just wonder if I will need my spouse to be the co-signer? Thanks
Yes, you will need a co-signer. Any money you receive from EI also does not count as income.