+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Hello friends, can anybody tell me what is the best place to reach out to get answers to questions about our process - LVO (Warsaw) directly or CIC phone #? we have already used webform option and still have questions as they give us only general answers. And as I ve seen earlier our local MP can help in some way with the process? is that true?
We're all still within the 12-24 month period so there's not much the MP can do. When we sent our applications in, we knew it could take up to 2 years to process.

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
@robertp

I have applied under this program last year with app received on June 4th, and medicals were passed on Jan 17th this year, but nothing has been progressed after that. I am trying to bring my parents next month to Canada as they have a tourist visa in place. So I need to understand, if this wont make any problem with their application and any other things I should take care of before they come. And also when they land, what other formalities I need to do? Can you please guide me here.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@robertp

I have applied under this program last year with app received on June 4th, and medicals were passed on Jan 17th this year, but nothing has been progressed after that. I am trying to bring my parents next month to Canada as they have a tourist visa in place. So I need to understand, if this wont make any problem with their application and any other things I should take care of before they come. And also when they land, what other formalities I need to do? Can you please guide me here.
It should not be an issue. You will need to update their address to your Canadian address through webform once they arrive

Last edited:

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Hi, congratulations!!!! Its a great news!!!
Could you please share what was you visa office and your timeline?
I am also from Russia and we submitted medical exam, police certificate, biometrics and other requested docs in February 2020. Since then - nothing...
Just patiently for DM2...

Thank you very much in advance!!!
You need to send passport to get the one time use pr visa stamped. My mil sent her passport to warsaw even though she has valid supervisa.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hi - Can someone please confirm where should I put information about the dependent child of my parents in 2020 Interest to sponsor form of Parents Grandparents sponsor program? Please let me know if and how you did it for the 2019 form.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi All
I'm May 9 applicant and my application has been in process since July 2019. The status of my sponsorship application on eCAS showed in process since July last year but on my CIC account it showed that they are processing my background check! which was nonsense!
Today the status of my application changed to "we are reviewing your eligibility". It seems they finally found my application!
Anyone else in the same boat?!

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi All
I'm May 9 applicant and my application has been in process since July 2019. The status of my sponsorship application on eCAS showed in process since July last year but on my CIC account it showed that they are processing my background check! which was nonsense!
Today the status of my application changed to "we are reviewing your eligibility". It seems they finally found my application!
Hopefully you get DM on sponsorship application soon!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi All
These messages I think are default messages in MyCIC. Some of the applicants found that their applications were stuck before sponsorship approval because of miscommunications from Provincial Social Security organizations.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
These messages I think are default messages in MyCIC. Some of the applicants found that their applications were stuck before sponsorship approval because of miscommunications from Provincial Social Security organizations.
That's true! I contacted my MP last year and they only responded to him that CIC was waiting for my social assistance clearance from the province! They get the response from the province in January 2020 but did nothing about it. My MP contacted them last week again to follow up and it seems that they took my application out of the drawer! It's funny that they don't respond to any of my inquiries and only do something when MP asks for updates...

asw

Jun 27, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
26-10-2010
Interview........
15-3-2012
Hi guys

I recevied request for finger print and I dont see any details on where to go for fingerprinting in Brampton. The letter I received gives a link for some agency to which we are required to send an email to ask for details for finger print centres. Is this the only process to know where to get it done Or Can I find out in some other way and go on my own. Pls suggest.

Thanks

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I understand “ we check your eligibility“ on the sponsor side, but what it means on CIC account the first paragraph “ we check if you meet eligibility requirements”?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hey we have rented an apartment for them which has the lease under my and my husbands name. What do I need to provide for parents proof of address.
If you can change the lease agreement in your parent's name, that will be the easy way. Otherwise a bank can open account with that address. Later hydro and other services can be in their name.