+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
That's true! I contacted my MP last year and they only responded to him that CIC was waiting for my social assistance clearance from the province! They get the response from the province in January 2020 but did nothing about it. My MP contacted them last week again to follow up and it seems that they took my application out of the drawer! It's funny that they don't respond to any of my inquiries and only do something when MP asks for updates...
If your application has not crossed sponsorship approval process, it is in CPC-Mississauga. Your Ecas needs to show Decision Made in the side of Sponsorship Application. On the side of permanent resident application, it will show "In Process". You will get sponsorship approval letter or email showing the local visa office your parents' application will process. Are you following the tracker? Most of May 09 applications already got PPR.

Last edited:

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Hey we have rented an apartment for them which has the lease under my and my husbands name. What do I need to provide for parents proof of address.
From the website examples of acceptable proof of address (texts highlighted in red should be easy to obtain) are:
  • a letter or document from a government (federal, provincial, territorial or foreign)
  • a letter or document from a financial institution (bank statement, credit card statement, mortgage contract or statement, etc.)
  • a residential tenancy agreement/ lease
  • a bill (from among others a telecom provider, a cable provider, a utility provider, etc.)
  • any document issued by a school, college or university that shows your address
  • employment contract that shows your address
  • a letter from an organization or an institution attesting the mailing address of the applicant. The organization/institution and the applicant must sign the letter confirming the mailing address

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

xjh

Aug 15, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please update my entry: Oct. 5 2020 received letter confirming my eligibility as a sponsor and asking for copies of parents' passport, police certificate, CV etc.

In the letter, there is a paragraph as follows that I'm not sure what to do with (I'm sponsoring my parents with my father as the main applicant and my mother as his spouse). Does anyone know if I need to do something or fill out any form here?

Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Your answers will be appreacited.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
If your application has crossed sponsorship approval process, it is in CPC-Mississauga. Your Ecas needs to show Decision Made in the side of Sponsorship Application. On the side of permanent resident application, it will show "In Process". You will get sponsorship approval letter or email showing the local visa office your parents' application will process. Are you following the tracker? Most of May 09 applications already got PPR.
Yes I'm following the tracker and all May 9 applications are approved. I'm "Roya-fsw" in the tracker.
My ECAS shows "in process" for both sponsorship and permanent residence applications No decision made yet.

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Forum members your advice highly appreciated on these concerns I have !
May 29th application
Stuck in process for PA

1. I am renewing the visitors record - but medical expires on Dec 16th ...

Will I get request to redo it again ?
And can I write to them to extend validity as PR application is under process!

What are the chances they will extend

2. In visitors record we have a letter that says biometrics not needed as completed on Dec 4th ( which is the first time my mother did biometrics for her PR application)

Yet they keep requesting biometrics letter .
Cic agent also says biometrics received.
So why case officer would resend it again !!!!

Thanks

asad445

Sep 19, 2019
That's true! I contacted my MP last year and they only responded to him that CIC was waiting for my social assistance clearance from the province! They get the response from the province in January 2020 but did nothing about it. My MP contacted them last week again to follow up and it seems that they took my application out of the drawer! It's funny that they don't respond to any of my inquiries and only do something when MP asks for updates...

I am also in the same boat. June 5th applicant. IRCC requested Social Assistance clearance from Province in Dec 2019. My MP requested an update from the province in September 2020 and found out that the province already replied to IRCC in Dec 2019. Not sure why the sponsorship part of the application still shows in process.

I was requested the file notes, and they also mention that they are waiting for SSC ON reply. Not sure where the disconnect is and why is it taking so far if the province has already responded. Any one else can share their experience?

@Roya-FSW did you get any update on your file through the MP ? Any movement?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
I am also in the same boat. June 5th applicant. IRCC requested Social Assistance clearance from Province in Dec 2019. My MP requested an update from the province in September 2020 and found out that the province already replied to IRCC in Dec 2019. Not sure why the sponsorship part of the application still shows in process.

I was requested the file notes, and they also mention that they are waiting for SSC ON reply. Not sure where the disconnect is and why is it taking so far if the province has already responded. Any one else can share their experience?

@Roya-FSW did you get any update on your file through the MP ? Any movement?
My MP told me that the first time that province issued my SSC, it was not received by IRCC so in January 2020 they resent the request to the province (ON) and the province responded in about a week. But again they went to sleep and did nothing. My MP followed up again last week and today I saw the change in my application progress. CIC may need to send a new request to the province to get your SSC.
The only movement that I've had since May 9 last year is that my status on MyCIC changes from "background check in progress" to "review of eligibility in progress". No change on ECAS though; both applications are "in process".
I don't know how they decide to get SSC for a few applicants but if this is really required, it has to be done for every application! It's not fair for us to wait more than 17 months to only start eligibility review.

migratecanada2012

Jul 7, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
14-06-2019
AOR Received.
23-10-2019
File Transfer...
13-02-2020
My MP told me that the first time that province issued my SSC, it was not received by IRCC so in January 2020 they resent the request to the province (ON) and the province responded in about a week. But again they went to sleep and did nothing. My MP followed up again last week and today I saw the change in my application progress. CIC may need to send a new request to the province to get your SSC.
The only movement that I've had since May 9 last year is that my status on MyCIC changes from "background check in progress" to "review of eligibility in progress". No change on ECAS though; both applications are "in process".
I don't know how they decide to get SSC for a few applicants but if this is really required, it has to be done for every application! It's not fair for us to wait more than 17 months to only start eligibility review.
Guys , this also happening with me , i can now co relate it.

I am june 14 applicant , my SA is approved but my PA is application received and I have received biometric in Feb and no hear back since then.

What you all think , should i go to my MP to find out whats going on with my application ?

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************
My notes say like this : "This application is in queue for processing and email has been received related to this application. Please verify eligibility not started folder if no subsequent note is entered pertaining to email received"
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I am not able to decode these lines , does it mean they waiting on something ?

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Guys , this also happening with me , i can now co relate it.

I am june 14 applicant , my SA is approved but my PA is application received and I have received biometric in Feb and no hear back since then.

What you all think , should i go to my MP to find out whats going on with my application ?

My notes say like this : "This application is in queue for processing and email has been received related to this application. Please verify eligibility not started folder if no subsequent note is entered pertaining to email received"

I am not able to decode these lines , does it mean they waiting on something ?
I don't think your case relates to this situation AT ALL! @Roya-FSW 's case is stuck at SA approval stage as is mine! I'm June 12 applicant.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Have you sponsored anyone else before your parents?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received the below pdf today

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of
ABCABABABA O and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on
your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Also at the bottom of the email, it said:
Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

1. Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
  2. Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562)
  3. CV/Resume

Did anyone receive the same email with pdf and what did you do? I assume I should collect these and send over? Thank you.

Reactions: laxsun and Rhill

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, my parents reside in Vietnam but in the letter it said:

Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on
your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

I thought it should be somewhere in Singapore?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the detailed email that I received. I am still unsure what to do with Police Certificate and Country Specific Requirements.
Anyone, can you please share your experience? Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.

 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately. Biometrics requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).

Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.

 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.

 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.
In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by

Reactions: lenalucky

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
This is the detailed email that I received. I am still unsure what to do with Police Certificate and Country Specific Requirements.
Anyone, can you please share your experience? Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.

 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately. Biometrics requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

 Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
 The country where they currently live; and
 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).

Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

 Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.

 Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.

 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.
In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by
Congrats! They started to work on the file. Just submit whatever they ask

Reactions: nguyentu2001