+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Great to hear that about your family, gives hope. But in my case the PR card will expire on the 20th Oct, and I 'm submitting appl for its renewal. Just hoping copy of expired PR card will be accepted. Still, I have to take a chance with whatever I can provide.
My parents arrived safely in canada. They only showed the documents which I given them my passport ,birth certificate,quarantine plan in written . I filled ArriveCan and given them confirmation or reference no. . They showed that no. to officer .

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Great to hear that about your family, gives hope. But in my case the PR card will expire on the 20th Oct, and I 'm submitting appl for its renewal. Just hoping copy of expired PR card will be accepted. Still, I have to take a chance with whatever I can provide.
You send the following documents and ask them to arrange in sequence
1. PR copy ( expiring on 20th Oct)
2. Acknowledgement for renewal application of PR
3. Your valid DL
4. Your passport copy ( biological pages only)
5. Your Birth certificate to show their relationship with you
6. A letter confirming their quarantine plan for 14 days and they are going to stay with you for xxxx days. (,To Whom it May Concern).
There won't be any issues. Everything will go smoothly.
When they are coming?

Last edited:
Reactions: Feb2004

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
You send the following documents and ask them to arrange in sequence
1. PR copy ( expiring on 20th Oct)
2. Acknowledgement for renewal application of PR
3. Your valid DL
4. Your passport copy ( biological pages only)
5. Your Birth certificate to show their relationship with you
6. A letter confirming their quarantine plan for 14 days and they are going to stay with you for xxxx days. (,To Whom it May Concern).
There won't be any issues. Everything will go smoothly.
When they are coming?
Thank you so much! They were planning to come in early November. But then I asked them to wait more as the PR card will expire. Meanwhile, I am also applying in recently opened, extended family members with authorization letter, as my daughter can call them in grandparents category. In case, the authorization is late to arrive, I will try the plan you have suggested above. Thanks again.

iazharsyed

Oct 12, 2020
Hi There ... Hope all of you are staying safe & healthy...
We applied in June 2019 and have had no progress. Any background why is it taking so long (apart from COVID-19) and when CIC will start processing the cases again?
Any inputs or insights are very welcome.

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
I did call and it is already in the file since day1 . But still file was sent to ndvo and process is so slow.
Which number did you call? IRCC or Service Canada. I sent a web form but haven't heard back yet. My mom's address from the time of application has been in Canada but I want to make sure they have her on the list since her file was still transferred to Mexico even though she's in Canada.

Tanvir1405

Nov 9, 2017
In my case, what I did was also suggested by IRCC on twitter.
That if you do not have last name, put your last name in given name and check the box for given name.

For typo errors, If it would be a minor mistake they might consider it but if someone just checked all the boxes to not provide given name (even though they have one) and dobs to be faster than others, then I am pretty sure they will reject that.
We can not say I forgot to put my given name or I forgot DOB at the time of EOI and now I have it.
Hi, i am also trying to apply for my parents. But i also find a same problem that me and my parents dont have family name or surname its a given name that we all have. So should i also need to check the box that mention don't have given name??

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hello,

I (an application sponsor) received a passport request letter, but I am not clear if my parents are required to submit their passports. They are from Russia (they are currently in Russia), and they do need visas to enter Canada; however, they both have a valid Canadian visa. Any help would be very much appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!
Hi, congratulations!!!! Its a great news!!!
Could you please share what was you visa office and your timeline?
I am also from Russia and we submitted medical exam, police certificate, biometrics and other requested docs in February 2020. Since then - nothing...
Just patiently for DM2...

Thank you very much in advance!!!

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Thank you so much! They were planning to come in early November. But then I asked them to wait more as the PR card will expire. Meanwhile, I am also applying in recently opened, extended family members with authorization letter, as my daughter can call them in grandparents category. In case, the authorization is late to arrive, I will try the plan you have suggested above. Thanks again.
Hi, make sure that the flights to be booked by Air India or Air Canada non stop between Delhi and Toronto / Vancouver under air bubble pact between two government.

Reactions: Feb2004

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
hello friends, first of all my apology for posting here as my question is related to PGP 2020( I did not got any reply in that group, so posting here) if anybody can help... my question is as below,.....
I am eligible to apply for PGP 2020, HOPEFULLY if get invited I have following concerns:
1) I do not have my birth certificate( never issued, even during my PR application in 2015 I had submitted non-availability of birth certificate at that time, I landed as PR in 2016), will that be a problem as birth certificate will be required to prove my relationship with my parents in case I get invited for PGP 2020. What are my options/ what documents will suffice?
2) my parents does not have marriage certificate( were married in 1980, never got one). will that cause any issue as marriage certificate will be required to prove principal applicant's relationship with dependents( wife).
P.S.-- My parents visited Canada twice on visitor visa

GUIDE PLEASE... THANKS
Any Thoughts on this please

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
hello friends, first of all my apology for posting here as my question is related to PGP 2020( I did not got any reply in that group, so posting here) if anybody can help... my question is as below,.....
I am eligible to apply for PGP 2020, HOPEFULLY if get invited I have following concerns:
1) I do not have my birth certificate( never issued, even during my PR application in 2015 I had submitted non-availability of birth certificate at that time, I landed as PR in 2016), will that be a problem as birth certificate will be required to prove my relationship with my parents in case I get invited for PGP 2020. What are my options/ what documents will suffice?
2) my parents does not have marriage certificate( were married in 1980, never got one). will that cause any issue as marriage certificate will be required to prove principal applicant's relationship with dependents( wife).
P.S.-- My parents visited Canada twice on visitor visa

GUIDE PLEASE... THANKS
Marriage certificates were never made in India in 80’s . You can create a affidavit for it . Birth certificates are asked as an additional document and not a primary one.

Reactions: karamjeeet