+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hi all,

London office asked me to submit birth certificate online but there is no instruction how can I submit this document online. As there is not option to upload documents in mycic webportal. I previously uploaded police certificate online and there was a link provided in "mycic".

Is there any email for london office where I can send the birth certificate. Please help.

Thanks,
Whats your london office in - process date ?

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Thanks for the response!

When we sent their applications they were already living here.
I see. goodluck with your parents application. Hopefully our parents will be PR soon.

Ananta13

Jan 12, 2017
BC
Date of birth / Given name / full name and DOB of parents may be empty if anyone select checkbox. I entered all info and selected all checkbox. (point 2 and 3 not possible to track duplicated as it may empty) only Family name and year of birth must entered other field may be empty.

listed following entry must be in database other field may be empty.:

Sponsor person
  1. Last Name
  2. year of birth
  3. ID # (no typo Error as form asking 2 times conformation)
  4. ID attachment (No typo Error. they can get all correct info form attachment like FN /LN/ DOB .etc)
  5. # of family unit
  6. # of sponsored person
  7. Address
  8. Email (no typo Error as form asking 2 times conformation)

Sponsored Person
  1. Last Name
  2. year of birth

sponsored and sponsor Given Name / Month and Date or birth may be empty if people select checkbox. you can not consider those info to find duplicated as it is not mandatory to put.
Do they ask co-sponsor’s information in the Interest to express form?

Debdas1

Oct 10, 2020
Hi There,
CIC has requested to send the Supplementary Information on Travel history (IMM 5562) for the last 10 years of my mom. My mom applied with a new passport which is three years old. With her old passport, she has traveled once but that passport was lost. I can use the most approximate date of her travel but is there any chance that CIC will ask to see the passport? Please let me with your insight or similar experience.
Thanks
Deb

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Can anyone please help with this question: My PR card will expire this month and I'm applying for renewal. I plan to call my parents here next month, so will the immigration officials accept expired card copy for residence and relationship proof?
Though I will attach copy of receipt of renewal appl., copy of OHIP card and other residence proof documents. I know the checking is more strict at IGI airport. Parents are old and hope they will be able to handle the travel procedures.

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Can anyone please help with this question: My PR card will expire this month and I'm applying for renewal. I plan to call my parents here next month, so will the immigration officials accept expired card copy for residence and relationship proof?
Though I will attach copy of receipt of renewal appl., copy of OHIP card and other residence proof documents. I know the checking is more strict at IGI airport. Parents are old and hope they will be able to handle the travel procedures.
My parents just finished check in at Delhi Airport
Everything went smoothly and they were only asked to show my Canadian passport or relationship proof by officer . Parents showed all the documents which include Canadian passport , birth certificate, and he said ok.
Now waiting on the gate to fly through air canada at 9:20a.m

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
My parents just finished check in at Delhi Airport
Everything went smoothly and they were only asked to show my Canadian passport or relationship proof by officer . Parents showed all the documents which include Canadian passport , birth certificate, and he said ok.
Now waiting on the gate to fly through air canada at 9:20a.m
Great to hear that about your family, gives hope. But in my case the PR card will expire on the 20th Oct, and I 'm submitting appl for its renewal. Just hoping copy of expired PR card will be accepted. Still, I have to take a chance with whatever I can provide.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
No, expired document will not be accepted. Even If it was oversight mistake at Delhi Airport, in Canada it will not be accepted. In Canada the officers are very cooperative but they want all the documents to be valid.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Then you don’t qualify unless you live in Quebec where you may qualify or you have a spouse who can co-sponsor. You must meet the LICO for every year. 10k in 2018 will not be enough to sponsor anyone.
For the Quebec resident, it will be for 12 months. Correct me if I am wrong!

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Anyone waiting for biometrics appointment call from service canada. I am waiting for more than 2 weeks. May’19 app submission date.
I'm waiting. My mom has been here on supervisa since 2019. Did you send a web form to let ircc know that your parents still in Canada? I wonder if they will call sponsor's number or parent's number.

PkPreeti

Apr 11, 2020
Hello
Is there anybody have any idea, like I received biometrics request for my mom but my SA is still in-process
I thought after SA get approved than they ask for biometrics

ns0508

Sep 26, 2020
The issue is that if the care for your sibling is determined to be too expensive your mother will be denied PR as well. It is a bit of a double edged sword. Parents must include children who dependent on them but they can also cause parents to be denied PR. In your case if your mother passes away and your sister needs care then it can be very expensive. There is also a huge demand for group homes for disabled adults but a very long wait list (20+ years). It will be important to show the level of independence of your sister. Whether, for example, she would be able to remain at home alone during the day if your mother passes away or gets to ill to care for her and that you are still able to work to support both of them.
Thank you for your reply @canuck78 . This seems to be really tricky :( . Do you think it would make a difference if my sister's siblings (my brother and I - both on PR here) declare that we will take care of her financial expenses in case our mother passes away. We do not have any plan of leaving her in group homes for disabled adults. She would be living with us?