+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Check the tracker, there are many others on the same boat. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqTuXZrYG6sg4UHpHBEaMbWTgbHtvxzWYedaojGh0bg/edit?ts=5e27655c&pli=1#gid=945174368

You will only be assigned an LVO after you receive sponsorship approval and you cannot request a specific LVO. Until then, all applications are processed in Canada. 24 month is a service standard but no guarantees that applications are processed within that time frame.
So you mean if my LVO is New Delhi then file will be processed in canada. My parents file is in New Delhi but they r coming to canada. Please reply as I m also thinking to transfer their file in canada.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
So you mean if my LVO is New Delhi then file will be processed in canada. My parents file is in New Delhi but they r coming to canada. Please reply as I m also thinking to transfer their file in canada.
you cannot transfer Local VO ones assign by CIC. you can only updated your parents Canadian address if your parents in Canada.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Sanjib2017

Nov 28, 2017
Hi Forum,
Received this email back from Singapore Office.

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
You are in the queue for landing as permanent resident in Canada. Please wait to be contacted.
We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC)

Reactions: Tomalika Chowdhury

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Spoke to my brother. He them and alot more people were in the immigration line even 15 mins prior to the departure.

They were checking everyones paper sending someone on whatsapp and getting an authorization back. They did the same with my family as well and they got a okay. Then they were all asked to run to the plane as the gates were closing.

Toronto immigration did not ask a single question. The officer ask who do you have in Canada and where will you qurantine. Not even once they ask about my brother.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi Forum,
Received this email back from Singapore Office.

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada to Singapore.
You are in the queue for landing as permanent resident in Canada. Please wait to be contacted.
We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC)
Are your parents in Canada?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Extended family members of Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents can now seek permission to travel to Canada. This includes people in a long-term exclusive dating relationship and their dependent children, adult children, grandchildren, siblings and grandparents.

Examples of extended family members in exclusive dating relationships include fiancé(e)s, romantic partners, boyfriends, girlfriends or any other couple in an intimate, loving relationship of at least 1 year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Spoke to my brother. He them and alot more people were in the immigration line even 15 mins prior to the departure.

They were checking everyones paper sending someone on whatsapp and getting an authorization back. They did the same with my family as well and they got a okay. Then they were all asked to run to the plane as the gates were closing.

Toronto immigration did not ask a single question. The officer ask who do you have in Canada and where will you qurantine. Not even once they ask about my brother.
so we actually DO NOT NEED authorized letter to travel to Canada if the dependant included with application? Bz mine is getting close like you but my sister now more than 22yrs old and waiting for passport request. if apply to new rules not sure she needs authorized letter or not.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

amop

Feb 28, 2014
I have a question.... regarding additional docs which I sent on sep 1st and IRCC sent me email acknowledging they received it.
In CIC account shows action required ...
And when I view/submitted docs it has 3 docs request to upload file : proof of relationship death certificate and Biometrics.

So do we upload docs or caseofficer does?

As I did send all the docs to IRCC email

Please give your opinion!
Thanks