+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Shahp

Sep 6, 2020
Hello, I have a PR application for my mom under PGP intake of 2019, is it possible to apply for a tourist visa or a SuperVisa for her to come visit me while we wait for the approval of her PR application? I had a baby after we applied and would like to invite her to Canada to spend time with us and for baby's baptism. She is retired, so no job to go back to, but she has her house. thanks!
Yes, you can apply for visitor/super visa. I did same for my parents. I would suggest to go for super visa instead of visitor visa, at least you are better off for 2 years if she is stuck. For me, I had to renew their visitor status due to pandemic and might have to do it again if PR not received!!

Sep 9, 2020
I am not sure how it works when parents are already in Canada.
In my experience, my mom came here on super visa and the next day I called the public health authorities and then they booked her appointment.
I would say its better to call rather than waiting or maybe if someone else had similar experience if they could share the details with you.
Sure thank you

geol

Dec 18, 2014
We both have jobs so means if they stay home in separate room we also can’t go to work for 14 days.
You can, but both of you has to maintain social distancing. And better on safer side the parents should have covid-19 test at the arrival on Airport. The first results come with in 48 hours.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
No I did not uploaded or sent. I am waiting for other documents to be finished and send them all.
@luxan from the answer that I got, what do you understand? are they asking me to fill one IM5562 for my dad as main applicant + mom as dependent and
another one for my mom as main applicant and put my dad as dependent. That where I am confused on.
<another one for my mom as main applicant and put my dad as dependent. That where I am confused on.>
Don't do this. This is not true. By doing this, you are making all other forms you have filled invalid. Think yourself.

If you have not sent revised IMM5562, only one form for your dad as PA and your mom as dependent is enough.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Yes, you can apply for visitor/super visa. I did same for my parents. I would suggest to go for super visa instead of visitor visa, at least you are better off for 2 years if she is stuck. For me, I had to renew their visitor status due to pandemic and might have to do it again if PR not received!!
But Super visa is expensive, you have to buy insurance for one year from Canadian Insurance company. Go for regular visitor visa and in case needed for extension, can be applied for six months.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Have you sent a copy of the new passport to IRCC, if not you will need to do this.
Yes, i've updated IRCC in my parents PGP-19 application and got the acknowledgement as well.. waiting for DM2..

fingerscrossed ... i hope to have their COPR before Feb 2021(medicals expiry)... then they can travel on COPR and do the landing.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
<another one for my mom as main applicant and put my dad as dependent. That where I am confused on.>
Don't do this. This is not true. By doing this, you are making all other forms you have filled invalid. Think yourself.

If you have not sent revised IMM5562, only one form for your dad as PA and your mom as dependent is enough.
Thanks again, that is logical.
I will upload the same form IMM5562(Main applicant Dad, and dependent Mom) twice on the online account.
@luxan

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC &amp; RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM &amp; PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP &amp; COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Yes, i've updated IRCC in my parents PGP-19 application and got the acknowledgement as well.. waiting for DM2..

fingerscrossed ... i hope to have their COPR before Feb 2021(medicals expiry)... then they can travel on COPR and do the landing.
Do you think IRCC will allow post-March 2020 COPR holders to travel by then? I am in the same boat, June 5 applicant, parents outland with VO CPC-M. Waiting for DM2.

vic20

May 17, 2019
Hi all.
This may have been asked before . Are some( all ? ) Visa offices allowing for medicals within 90 days ? Or do we have to put in a specific request ?
This link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html says they will allow up to 90 days but I am not sure if that applies to all offices as well ?

Biggest reason for the delay in our circumstances is that my moms passport expired recently - and a new one will be needed when medicals are done I asssume ?

Thanks in advance !