+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
i just have a question: what is the current situation at the airport? what was asked aside from quarantine plan? Thank you in advance
It was straight forward, we filled in the ArriveCAN app which gives you a reference number and that's all they asked for. Going through security they reminded us that we had 6 months stay if we don't get our PR in that time. Fingers crossed that we will get it soon. I sent a web form to IRCC informing them that we are now residing in Canada

smehr077

Sep 11, 2019
Brampton, Ontario
@bdidol @YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please update the following information to the tracker:
Line # in the tracker: 837
Sponsored People: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Sponsor Province: Ontario
Invitations Receive Date: April 26, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: June 27, 2019
AoR Received (DATE): September 30, 2020
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Application Received
Ecas Status for PR Application: Application Received

Sponsorship In process Date:
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
Biometrics request :
MyCIC update:
IME request :
PCC request:
Additional document/travel history request date :
Comment / additional information : Asked to resubmit IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents
and Grandparents Sponsorship form.

Reactions: serious_cheese

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone, My parents' file is being processed under PGP2019. Their Local Visa Office is New Delhi. The file has not progressed a lot after March - they submitted their Biometrics in March and there is no update after that. Based on the pace that NDVO is working, I believe it will take a lot more time.

They have Visitor visa to Canada which is expiring in December 2020. Amid this pandemic situation in India, I was thinking to invite them over here but the visa is expiring soon. I would need some valuable suggestions if it is a good idea to apply for their Visitor Visa now (considering their PR application is already in process). Anyone with a similar situation ? Please reply.

Thanks.

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
Hello Experts ... a quick question!!

my parents original passport expiry was March 2021 i got them renewed and new expiry is May 2030.

they have Canada temporary visa stamped on old passports with expiry of March 2021.
Will they be allowed to travel before that?? Now since the passport is renewed!!
There medicals expires feb 2021. And waiting for DM2

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone, My parents' file is being processed under PGP2019. Their Local Visa Office is New Delhi. The file has not progressed a lot after March - they submitted their Biometrics in March and there is no update after that. Based on the pace that NDVO is working, I believe it will take a lot more time.

They have Visitor visa to Canada which is expiring in December 2020. Amid this pandemic situation in India, I was thinking to invite them over here but the visa is expiring soon. I would need some valuable suggestions if it is a good idea to apply for their Visitor Visa now (considering their PR application is already in process). Anyone with a similar situation ? Please reply.

Thanks.
if they come before december, CBSA will let them know how long they can stay- usually around 6 months. You can also apply for a visa extension once they are here and even if their visa expires while in Canada, they will be allowed to stay under implied status while their visa extension is processed.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019

my parents original passport expiry was March 2021 i got them renewed and new expiry is May 2030.

they have Canada temporary visa stamped on old passports with expiry of March 2021.
Will they be allowed to travel before that?? Now since the passport is renewed!!
Yes. They need to travel with both passports

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
if they come before december, CBSA will let them know how long they can stay- usually around 6 months. You can also apply for a visa extension once they are here and even if their visa expires while in Canada, they will be allowed to stay under implied status while their visa extension is processed.
Thank you for your reply, does it mean I should book 1 way ticket ? I mean what measures does CBSA consider to determine for how long they can stay (considering the maximum visitors can stay is 6 months)

lucasmom

Sep 30, 2020
Hello, I have a PR application for my mom under PGP intake of 2019, is it possible to apply for a tourist visa or a SuperVisa for her to come visit me while we wait for the approval of her PR application? I had a baby after we applied and would like to invite her to Canada to spend time with us and for baby's baptism. She is retired, so no job to go back to, but she has her house. thanks!

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
Thank you for your reply, does it mean I should book 1 way ticket ? I mean what measures does CBSA consider to determine for how long they can stay (considering the maximum visitors can stay is 6 months)
It is your choice. I have never had immigration officers asking to show a ticket.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020

My Passport expires in June 2021. May I know as to when did you renew your passport? Also, if it was post-March (i.e. after the start of corona virus) then how did you go about doing it?

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
My Passport expires in June 2021. May I know as to when did you renew your passport? Also, if it was post-March (i.e. after the start of corona virus) then how did you go about doing it?
india allows to renew expiring passports within one year of expiry date. Just apply online

Sep 9, 2020
Hi everyone
EVERYONE RESPONSE WILL BE APPRECIATED

I applied for my mom 2019 parents sponsorship, done medical 2 weeks ago and cic updated medical received
BUT Yesterday I got An email From MHB MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE NOTICE , Because in Medical IME report TB Symptoms Comes up but TB is not there according to doctor and report, But now Public Health authority wants to double check everything for TB. She already done INDIA PCC and Medical 2 weeks Ago but still Waiting for Bio-metrics Request.
My question is what is all about MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE NOTICE, Anybody know if we get this request there are chances of refusal or will cic delay the process of PR and bio-metric? Please help me with these question as i never knew about it PLEASE RESPOND. VISA OFFICE NEW DELHI

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019

Have you sent a copy of the new passport to IRCC, if not you will need to do this.