+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think the members who were giving you flak were probably not aware that your brother was a part of the PR application and APPROVED as a dependent...
If you read the travel restrictions it is very clear that parents can travel or those who received COPR before March 18th. In this case the brother is 21 receives COPR after March 18th and is not the dependent of the brother in Canada. By the definitions stated in the travel restriction the brother does not qualify. Once the parents are PRs the brother would qualify to enter Canada as the dependentof his parents who are PRs. I am also curious to see if travel restrictions are strictly implemented.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
COPR is issued at landing. So your question is wrong but not silly. Visitor visa was canceled when one time use PR visa was issued. I had similar problem when I became PR. Landed in Canada but had to go back to NYC after one week. Since airlines don't let you fly with COPR, I had to get a visitor visa from Canadian consulate in NYC.
COPR isn’t issued upon landing. Your receive your COPR while in your home country. It sounds as though you received a PRTD from the NYC consulate which is very different than a TRV.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for replying to my post @mintmint . Can you please give me an insight on “admissibility”? Do you mean that i should check if she qualifies to be a dependent child of my mother? I guess she does as her condition can be tagged under “ mental”.
As per CIC’s website, here is the clause “ Child who is 22 or over and dependent on their parent due to a physical or mental condition is eligible to be processed as a dependent “
This should hold true in my case. Thoughts?
The issue is that if the care for your sibling is determined to be too expensive your mother will be denied PR as well. It is a bit of a double edged sword. Parents must include children who dependent on them but they can also cause parents to be denied PR. In your case if your mother passes away and your sister needs care then it can be very expensive. There is also a huge demand for group homes for disabled adults but a very long wait list (20+ years). It will be important to show the level of independence of your sister. Whether, for example, she would be able to remain at home alone during the day if your mother passes away or gets to ill to care for her and that you are still able to work to support both of them.

Anil0502

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014(PER mail)
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
@laxsun

Tracker update:

Line 250- Visa office London

medical request received, schedule A ( updated asked again) & travel history requested - Feb 12,2020.

Medical done - March 06,2020
Father's sputum test done- March 10,11 &12,2020
Father's furtherence test request received- April 20,2020
Father's furtherence test done- July 21,2020
Medical passed - July 27,2020
Pre-arrival service letter received- September 24,2020
Decision made 2 ( Principal Applicant)-September 29,2020

What next? Any one
passport request

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
The fact that your brother is not part of the travel restrictions and not your dependent is just part of the declared restrictions and is a fact and not personal. I was interpreting the stated travel restrictions which were confirmed by Canadian immigration agent you contacted previously. The CBSA agent in Canada is not who determines who boards a plane. Primarily it is the airline.

Hey sorry if u mind I was just joking. Initially i have tagged u and posted laughing emoji as well as I was joking but for some reason it got deleted.

I am hoping for the best I understand what the website says about copr after march 18 and that's why little worried but cbsa at the airport said same thing 4 different times that that's all for visitors we are welcoming new immigrants with thier dependants every day on terminal 3 no issue at all plus the tickets are booked so it's best to take a chance now. Hopefully they don't create an issue. If they do then will rebook his tickets

Reactions: serious_cheese

Mom_me

Aug 18, 2019
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker: if applicable
Sponsored People: 1 - mother
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Sponsor Province: ONTARIO
Invitations Receive Date: April 24, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date: June 10, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision made 23rd Dec 2019
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request : Not received
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical ): completed test jan 28, 2020. By feb 6, results received and medical passed update online
IME RequestIME Passed
Date: jan 9, 2020Date: jan 28
PCC request: Not received
Additional document / travel history request date : Sept 25, 2020
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I'm gonna rant today....CPC-M are slackers.

Reactions: VTG, kulb and amop

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hey sorry if u mind I was just joking. Initially i have tagged u and posted laughing emoji as well as I was joking but for some reason it got deleted.

I am hoping for the best I understand what the website says about copr after march 18 and that's why little worried but cbsa at the airport said same thing 4 different times that that's all for visitors we are welcoming new immigrants with thier dependants every day on terminal 3 no issue at all plus the tickets are booked so it's best to take a chance now. Hopefully they don't create an issue. If they do then will rebook his tickets
With that much information I think it is worth taking risk @ZOYAMAN13. I am sure no-one will certainly confirm such cases until you face in real.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13