+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese -

Please update : Decision made - Approved for Principal Applicant today.

Couple of questions for Applicant in Canada on visit visa,

1. Does COPR come by snail mail ?
2. What are the steps after receiving COPR

Thanks !
Congratulations!
Your visa office is CPC-M & as per your previous posts you submitted PCC etc back in Jan-Feb?
I think you are the first one to get DM2 from CPC-M after March.

Rob1985

Jul 30, 2020
Got CoPR today. Relieved.

Few of my learnings which might be useful for others

While PR is in process
* If your parents are in Canada or plan to come to Canada, make sure you get Canadian insurance as then you don't have to worry about claims if they require hospital admissions. Hospitals bills straight away to the insurance for inpatient admissions.
* MAKE SURE ADDRESSES are up to date for both, yes BOTH parents. For us, they assumed my mother was in India, and the file was sent to NDVO instead of CPC-M. It was stuck in DM2 since Feb as I feel none of the offices was working on it.
* If you have a valid reason to worry about PR, then call IRCC and explain your situation. I hope you will find the right agent who will be able to help.
* Currently medicals are being extended by 6 months. Call IRCC if medical is expiring, they should be able to confirm the medical extension date
* I think in the new process CPC-M sends the file to Local VO for final steps. I think CPC-M is trying to offload the work. It's all luck, which office and which agent is faster in processing the application.

After getting the PR
* Currently there is no waiting period for ohip so your parents are eligible for ohip when they land in Canada.
* If they need any medical assistance during the quarantine period, ohip will backdate/frontdate the bills after your parent's ohip starts. Do confirm this again with ohip

Finally
I have lived for 5 years in USA and have travelled to Europe multiple times. Canada is the best country. Thank god every day that we have been given the opportunity to immigrate to Canada, and plus our parents now. Never bad mouth about Canada.

I hope everyone's parents get their PRs ASAP.

Last edited:

Anujbatta10

Dec 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2018
Got CoPR today. Relieved.

Few of my learnings which might be useful for others

While PR is in process
* If your parents are in Canada or plan to come to Canada, make sure you get Canadian insurance as then you don't have to worry about claims if they require hospital admissions. Hospitals bills straight away to the insurance for inpatient admissions.
* MAKE SURE ADDRESSES are up to date for both, yes BOTH parents. For us, they assumed my mother was in India, and the file was sent to NDVO instead of CPC-M. It was stuck in DM2 since Feb as I feel none of the offices was working on it.
* If you have a valid reason to worry about PR, then call IRCC and explain your situation. I hope you will find the right agent who will be able to help.
* Currently medicals are being extended by 6 months. Call IRCC if medical is expiring, they should be able to confirm the medical extension date
* I think in the new process CPC-M sends the file to Local VO for final steps. I think CPC-M is trying to offload the work. It's all luck, which office and which agent is faster in processing the application.

After getting the PR
* Currently there is no waiting period for ohip so your parents are eligible for ohip when your patents land in Canada.
* If they need any medical assistance during quarantine period, ohip will backdate the bills after your parent's ohip starts. Do confirm this again with ohip

Finally
I have lived for 5 years in USA and have travelled to Europe multiple times. Canada is the best country. Thank god every day that we have been given the opportunity to immigrate to Canada, and plus our parents now. Never bad mouth about Canada.

I hope everyone's parents get their PRs ASAP.
Congratulations! I am in a similar situation as yours. My dad arrived from India on Sep 5th. I have updated the address but have not heard back from CIC yet on COPR or transfer of file. In your opinion would it be a good idea to call up CIC again? Also did CIC call you up to check whether parents are actually in Canada before emailing COPR?

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
hi
can i email delhi immigration for notes or not?
how can i order notes?

thank you

Qwerqwer

Sep 20, 2020
Expired COPR and PRV
Travelling from any country other than the US (group 3)
If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• is exempt from the travel restrictions
  • can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
  • must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#approved_permanent_residence
hi there,

thanks for your reply.

my parents‘ application was approved after mar 18 2020. the link does not seem applicable

AlexCan2

Sep 21, 2020
Hi guys,
Have PPR request 2 weeks ago, from Warsawa. While my mam already in Canada, I send her passport to Ottawa, today her passport comes back with 1 from 2 photos back. Has no idea second photo lost or immigration leave it for use. And also a letter from immigration.
Good day,
The following is in reference to your application for permanent residence.
Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application.
A visa office will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident.
Visit our website often to get the most up-to-date information on how the coronovirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, and citizenship and passport services:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

And nothing else, nobody call or email. Nothing clear what to do next.

• Sad
Reactions: lenalucky

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Hi guys,
Have PPR request 2 weeks ago, from Warsawa. While my mam already in Canada, I send her passport to Ottawa, today her passport comes back with 1 from 2 photos back. Has no idea second photo lost or immigration leave it for use. And also a letter from immigration.
Good day,
Please note that we are returning your original documents without a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or permanent resident visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application.
A visa office will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident.
Visit our website often to get the most up-to-date information on how the coronovirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, and citizenship and passport services:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html
Sincerely,

There's a separate thread addressing this new practice related to virtual landing - seems like it's a waiting game until IRCC makes the contact. Best of luck!

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/solved-passport-returned-from-cpc-ottawa-w-o-copr-or-pr-with-no-reasons.690588/

Reactions: AlexCan2

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Guys I called CBSA they put me through a immigration officer she clearly told me my brother would be denied entry.

I am thinking to change his flight to a later date or rebook it so that he can come as my fathers dependent.

What u do u guys think ? How many days apart shall I book his tickets ?
Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring CoPR and permanent resident visa
If you’re outside Canada
If we already approved your permanent resident application, but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, or your documents have already expired, you don’t need to tell us until you’re ready to move to Canada and live here permanently.

When you’re ready to move to Canada
Use the Web form to let us know when, and the reason(s) why. The next steps will depend on your situation.

If you’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, for example, to look for a place to live, you can’t do that right now unless you meet a different travel exemption. Also:

• when you arrive, you must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada, including how you will get to the place you’re staying
  • all family members included in the application should travel to Canada at the same time, if possible
  • you should have a confirmed travel plan, or you must be willing to book and confirm travel plans as soon as approved
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
Hi everyone, my parents received requests to submit passports for immigration visa. Don't know exactly when the visa will be valid for. Now I'm a bit concerned about the mandatory quarantine plan Canada is enforcing. I'm wondering whether anyone living in a condo with multiple bedrooms but only one washroom and doesn't have a personal vehicle has successfully completed a quarantine plan before or not and could you please share what type of plan would be acceptable. Thanks a lot ahead!

Last edited:

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi everyone, my parents received requests to submit passports for immigration visa. Don't know exactly when the visa will be valid for. Now I'm a bit concerned about the mandatory quarantine plan Canada is enforcing. I'm wondering whether anyone living in a condo with multiple bedrooms but only one washroom and doesn't have a personal vehicle has successfully completed a quarantine plan before or not and could you please share what type of plan would be acceptable. Thanks a lot ahead!
Can you pls share your timeline?

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
@robertp my parents got their PCC done in March . Which is expired now as per 6 months thing. Did IRCC extend any timeline or will they have to get new ones now ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,
Good day,
Sincerely,

You can’t just send in her passport to Ottawa without notifying CIC that your mother is in Canada and them asking you to send the passport to Ottawa. You should have advised CIC that your mother is in Canada. She will eventually get a call about a virtual landing.