+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi All,
Message received from CIC MISSISSAUGA

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.

I sent the above form with the application package in 2019. What do you suggest, how should I reply to them?
Thanks in advance
You don’t need to do anything. It’s a generic letter. It says to send it if not already included in the original package.

Jsaini86

Dec 30, 2019
Hi everyone. My parents family class application (File Received on June 2019) has been moved to NDVO in July 2020.
Biometrics done in Feb 2020 and since then no update. Anyone in the same boat? And If i want to inquire about my file processing from NDVO, where I can reach them or call them except web form.
Thanks in advance.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi All,
Message received from CIC MISSISSAUGA

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.

I sent the above form with the application package in 2019. What do you suggest, how should I reply to them?
Thanks in advance
The message says send it "if not already included in your application". If I were you, I would send them a webform stating that you already sent it with the application and ask them if you need to do anything else just so it is on file that you contacted them for clarification.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
My parents pr file is in Delhi India.
If they come to canada can they do their biometrics here.
yes. you have to update your parents canadian address & Phone # via Ecas or Webform and wait for Service canada call.

if your parents PR file have Canadian address, Service canada will call you for bio appointment.
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL).
Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment. There is no additional fee to pay, and you don’t need a new BIL. Don’t go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada Officer calls you and schedules an appointment for you.
If you applied by using an authorized representative, If the telephone number on file is your representative’s, Service Canada call them and ask them to check with you about your availability and preferred location. We’ll then call them a second time to schedule your appointment through them.

Last edited:

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hi everyone. My parents family class application (File Received on June 2019) has been moved to NDVO in July 2020.
Biometrics done in Feb 2020 and since then no update. Anyone in the same boat? And If i want to inquire about my file processing from NDVO, where I can reach them or call them except web form.
Thanks in advance.
My file was received in May 2019, moved to NDVO in Sep 2019, done with Biometrics but nothing else. Tracker has it all the timeline for your reference.

Shahp

Sep 6, 2020
Parents are in Canada since Nov 2019 on visitor Visa. Biometrics/PCC (India)/IME completed in Jan 2020 from consulate and Service Canada. Current status extended and will expire on Dec 31/20. LVO - CPC-M.

Would it be a good idea to complete PCC (Canada) proactively?

Normally you need PCC from all the countries where you have lived for 6 months or more.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi, I have been trying to book appointment for biometrics, but the page asks to tick mark an option. It does not say "appointment for biometrics anywhere", and if I do not choose the option, I am not able to submit the request.

Anyone knows a way-out ? Thanks
How can we help you? Please select all that apply. (required)*Canada Pension Plan (CPP) / Old Age Security (OAS)/ Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
Status of an application

Obtaining a personal access code

Death benefit

CPP Survivor Benefit

Allowance for Survivor

CPP Disability with a Terminal Illness

Updating Direct Deposit/Address

Guaranteed Income Supplement

Requesting assistance understanding the content of an application form(s)

Employment Insurance
Help Applying online

Submit supporting documents (Medical Notes, Record of Employment)

Amending an existing claimant report or addressing a pending or rejected claimant report

Adding information to an existing file

Appointment request for Passport Service in under 30 days* If you require a passport in the next 2 days, call the Passport Call Centre at 1-800-567-6868.
If you require a passport in the next 30 days, select this option. An agent will contact you to schedule an in-person appointment.

* All other passport requests should be submitted by mail. Do not fill out this service request.
Social Insurance Number (SIN)* If you applied for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) online or by mail and your application meets the requirements, you will receive a letter with your SIN by mail within 20 business days from the date the application is received.
If more than 25 business days have passed since mailing and you would like to find out the status of your application, or
If you have applied for a SIN online or by mail, but need your SIN urgently and require assistance:
Please contact us at: 1-866-274-6627 (in Canada, toll free) or 1-506-548-7961 (outside Canada, long-distance charges apply)
If you require general information about the SIN program, select this option.

Appointments
Please select this box to request an appointment for service at a Service Canada Centre

Additional Information

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi, I have been trying to book appointment for biometrics, but the page asks to tick mark an option. It does not say "appointment for biometrics anywhere", and if I do not choose the option, I am not able to submit the request.

Anyone knows a way-out ? Thanks
How can we help you? Please select all that apply. (required)*Canada Pension Plan (CPP) / Old Age Security (OAS)/ Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
Status of an application
Obtaining a personal access code
Death benefit
CPP Survivor Benefit
Allowance for Survivor
CPP Disability with a Terminal Illness
Guaranteed Income Supplement
Requesting assistance understanding the content of an application form(s)
Employment Insurance
Help Applying online
Submit supporting documents (Medical Notes, Record of Employment)
Amending an existing claimant report or addressing a pending or rejected claimant report
Adding information to an existing file
Appointment request for Passport Service in under 30 days* If you require a passport in the next 2 days, call the Passport Call Centre at 1-800-567-6868.
If you require a passport in the next 30 days, select this option. An agent will contact you to schedule an in-person appointment.

* All other passport requests should be submitted by mail. Do not fill out this service request.
Social Insurance Number (SIN)* If you applied for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) online or by mail and your application meets the requirements, you will receive a letter with your SIN by mail within 20 business days from the date the application is received.
If more than 25 business days have passed since mailing and you would like to find out the status of your application, or
If you have applied for a SIN online or by mail, but need your SIN urgently and require assistance:
Please contact us at: 1-866-274-6627 (in Canada, toll free) or 1-506-548-7961 (outside Canada, long-distance charges apply)
If you require general information about the SIN program, select this option.
Appointments
Please select this box to request an appointment for service at a Service Canada Centre
Additional Information
no need to book appointment via website.

if your parents PR file have Canadian address, Service canada will call you for bio appointment.
Service Canada Centres are gradually resuming biometrics collection services for permanent residence applicants who have received a biometric instruction letter (BIL).
Service Canada officers will call you at the telephone number you provided in your application to schedule your biometrics appointment. There is no additional fee to pay, and you don’t need a new BIL. Don’t go to a Service Canada Centre unless a Service Canada Officer calls you and schedules an appointment for you.
If you applied by using an authorized representative, If the telephone number on file is your representative’s, Service Canada call them and ask them to check with you about your availability and preferred location. We’ll then call them a second time to schedule your appointment through them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#permanent-canada

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
no need to book appointment via website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#permanent-canada
Hi @robertp thank you for your reply. My applications is sponsoring 3 people - my parents and brother, my parents are in India and have got done their Biometrics in March. My brother is in Canada on a work permit now - his biometrics are pending. So Should I call CIC to confirm the current address and contact number on my brother's file only ? Ora webform is helpful ?