+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guess what, PR cards delivered today!
Last two days (post Quarantine) were also very productive - SIN / OHIP / Photo IDs / Phone Plans / Banking + Credit Cards etc. all done / applied for. They also booked a condo!
Congratulations... I am waiting impatiently for this moment, however it's too far....

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
HI i m new to the forum.
Can someone please help me with this -
The application has my mom's address in India and now she travelled to Canada on supervise. Do i need to update her address? and is it only mailing address or home address?
Hello
I want to confirm can parents come to canada when they r on supervisa
Also their pr file is in Delhi so if they come to canada can they give their biometrics here as vfs are closed in india

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
Hello,

My parents medicals exam expired last month, the last email I received was last year September for additonal documents like Police clearance, RPRF, resume etc. All of those was submitted in October. Medical passed since Novemeber of last year and no updates since then. Just wondering is there any new/updates if CIC is extending medical expiration.

**Medical is only good for 1 year.

Rob1985

Jul 30, 2020
Hello,

My parents medicals exam expired last month, the last email I received was last year September for additonal documents like Police clearance, RPRF, resume etc. All of those was submitted in October. Medical passed since Novemeber of last year and no updates since then. Just wondering is there any new/updates if CIC is extending medical expiration.

**Medical is only good for 1 year.
I think they are extending medical validity for another 6 months. You call IRCC and the agent can confirm if it was extended or not.

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi All,
Message received from CIC MISSISSAUGA

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.

I sent the above form with the application package in 2019. What do you suggest, how should I reply to them?
Thanks in advance

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hi All

Is there any update from Mississauga CIC?
Looks like they have not started working on our files yet.
Please advise CIC customer service number and also advise ,how can I get GCMS notes etc.

I am very worried, as there is no update from long time.

Thank you

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Amazing!
what docs did you use as a proof of address when applied for ohip?
We (my wife as a landlord) signed the standard Ontario lease form with them as tennants using our home address :). Worked like a charm.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?OpenForm&ACT=RDR&TAB=PROFILE&SRCH&ENV=WWE&TIT=2229E&NO=047-2229E

So, we did it in this order:

Day 1
1. For SIN - Used COPR. (Had booked an appointment, they gave it on the spot)
2. For Photo ID / OHIP we used - COPR + Passport + Lease
3. For Phone Plans (Fido) we used - SIN + Passport + COPR. They also issued a Phone Bill (Utility) which shows the address which then becomes second address proof.

DAY 2
4. Bank (RBC) - Chq / Saving A/Cs & Credit Cards - SIN+Passports+ COPR (Had booked an appointment)
5. Condo (Pre Construction)* they booked with - Passport + COPR; by the time we came home PR Cards were waiting...

* This was of-course pre researched, not an impulse buy ;-)

Last edited:

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
We (my wife as a landlord) signed the standard Ontario lease form with them as tennants using our home address :). Worked like a charm.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?OpenForm&ACT=RDR&TAB=PROFILE&SRCH&ENV=WWE&TIT=2229E&NO=047-2229E

Day 1
3. For Phone Plans (Fido) we used - SIN + Passport + COPR. They also issued a Phone Bill (Utility) which shows the address which then becomes second address proof.

DAY 2
4. Bank (RBC) - Chq / Saving A/Cs & Credit Cards - SIN+Passports+ COPR (Had booked an appointment)
5. Condo (Pre Construction)* they booked with - Passport + COPR; by the time we came home PR Cards were waiting...

Amazing! Thank you so much!
One more question
When you parents were on the plane did they fill out an immigration form? If so, what did they choose to fill out part B (as visitors) or part C (as Canadians)?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

Day 1

DAY 2

Congratulations.

Note: If you have joint ownership of the house or if your wife is a co-sponsor, you cannot rent your house to them.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi All,
Message received from CIC MISSISSAUGA

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing delays, if not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:
 A completed and signed authorization form – IMM 5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.

I sent the above form with the application package in 2019. What do you suggest, how should I reply to them?
Thanks in advance
What's your current status in ecas for sponsorship and PR application for your parents?

Have you received sponsorship approval before?

You can send the updated form using webform.id the email says do not reply.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Any update for june applicants who is waiting for 1st DM?
I am June 7 applicant and still waiting for DM. Everything is done. The PA is here with me in Canada under tourist visa.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks. Do you need physical signatures? Applicant (parent) are not with me physically. Wonder if electronic signature can work!
Electronic signatures are being accepted during the pandemic but must be accompanied by a verifiable audit log if using a service like DocuSign.com, Signnow.com, etc

Reactions: abcxyz