+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application to sponsor on June 18, 2019.

2. We started processing your application on March 9, 2020.
Still nothing yet. Dang Covid19.

• Sad
Reactions: K0c4nbi3t

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I got my COPR ANd waiting for PR card.. I want to apply for supervisa of my parents.. can I do that now or wait till my PR card??
also I am pregnant and due in December.
Have you done the "landing process" at the port of entry or CIC office? If you have done that and are already in Canada, then your parents can certainly apply for super visa. Although you may meet part of the eligibility criteria being a PR, there are other criteria that you need to meet (e.g financial support, T4 stubs, medical insurance etc.). See this link for details https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

Make sure you meet "all" the eligibility criteria before starting this process. Your child being due in December will only have impact for pontential expediency in issuing the visa, but it will not make up for the eligibility criteria.

Wish you all the luck in the world!

Jsaini86

Dec 30, 2019
Hello everyone. I have a question regarding my parents application.
So my parents application is still in process (Feb 2019 applicants) and in the meantime their existing passports are almost near expiry date and I am gonna apply for their new passports. so after receiving new passports, where I have to send copy of those ? if anyone can help.
Thanks in advance.

Karty

Mar 22, 2016
Got an additional document request for my PGP application,

Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse.

Spelling of father's name different in most documents.

My father's name has been mentioned with different spellings in different documents.

Father's Passport: Yashpaal raju
Father's Aadhaar: Yashplraj
Father's Voters ID: Yashpalraj
Father's PAN: Yashpal raju

Surname in my passport and all other documents: Yashpalraj

Does my fathers spelling in my document and his documents have to be same? Or do I keep same spelling in all my documents even if the spelling is different from my father's original spelling because its very difficult to change spellings in so many documents?

My father is also trying to match/correct his name on all documents.

Last edited:

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
So my parents application is still in process (Feb 2019 applicants) and in the meantime their existing passports are almost near expiry date and I am gonna apply for their new passports. so after receiving new passports, where I have to send copy of those ? if anyone can help.
Thanks in advance.
Just use webform and select your visa office, attach passport copies. Even if you dont send it, they will ask new passport later anyways. webform link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
Got an additional document request for my PGP application,

Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse.

Spelling of father's name different in most documents.

My father's name has been mentioned with different spellings in different documents.

Father's Passport: Yashpaal raju
Father's Aadhaar: Yashplraj
Father's Voters ID: Yashpalraj
Father's PAN: Yashpal raju

Surname in my passport and all other documents: Yashpalraj

Does my fathers spelling in my document and his documents have to be same? Or do I keep same spelling in all my documents even if the spelling is different from my father's original spelling because its very difficult to change spellings in so many documents?

My father is also trying to match/correct his name on all documents.
You can get an affidavit of “one and same person”, where your dad declares that all these names belong to him.
He can get it done from any notary.
I did the same for my mom.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks in advance.
Once you got the new passport, just scan them and send them using Webform. Be sure to raise the webform to correct VO.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Anyone here who applied for Supervisa while their PR application for parents was in progress?
Well, if the question is if we can do it, then Yes, you can apply for the Super-Visa while their PR application is in process. Not sure what information you looking for.

Karty

Mar 22, 2016
You can get an affidavit of “one and same person”, where your dad declares that all these names belong to him.
He can get it done from any notary.
I did the same for my mom.
Thank you.

Does my fathers spelling in my document and his documents have to be same?

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
@Rhill @geol @K0c4nbi3t @zeiesfirdaus @canuck78

sorry to bother you guys but i was just reading the actaul defination of depndants. i will link them below:

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 OR
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family membersponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) OR
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)
To meet the travel restriction exemptions, you must also:

• be coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)
  • show you’re able to quarantine for 14 day

when we click on immediate family member:

Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

and when we click on dependent child it comes:

Dependant : spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a permanent resident or principal applicant.

Dependent child
A child who is under the maximum age and is not married or in a common law relationship. Generally, to qualify as dependants, children must
  • be under 22 years old
  • not have a spouse or common-law partner
Note: a child’s age is usually “locked in” when we get a complete application.
Use our online tool to check if your child qualifies as a dependant.
Exception: Children who are at the age limit or older can qualify as “over-age” dependants if they
  • have depended on their parents for financial support since before they reached the age limit and
  • can’t financially support themselves due to a mental or physical condition
Previous age limits:
The age limit has changed in recent years. If your application has been in process for a while, one of the older definitions of dependent child may apply. Generally, we use the rules in place when we get your complete application. Previous age limits for a dependent child:
  • From August 1, 2014 to October 23, 2017: under 19 years old
  • On or before July 31, 2014: under 22 years old
Note: The rules for over-age dependants are different for applications that were submitted on or before July 31, 2014.

dont u guys think the first defination of dependent which is in bold letters my brother fits in that criteria?

Reactions: geol