+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents application was received on May 29, 2019 and had been under process at CPC-M. The sponsor DM was updated sometime back in November. Medicals were received in December. PCC and all other additional documents were submitted in December. I never received any communication from IRCC since. Yesterday, I received an email from CPC-M that my application is being transferred to NDVO. Is this normal ? The file has been in process at CPC-M for over an year and all the correspondence and submissions have been at CPC-M but all of a sudden I receive this email so late in the process ? Is this normal ? Anyone else with similar experiences here ?
Yes it is normal.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
It was reported in the forum that if medical expired, IRCC informing that another medical requirement is waived.
My in-laws medical expired on 26 Aug and it has been already extended until Jan. Found out from GCMS notes.

Reactions: geol

Hustle

Sep 11, 2019
Yes it is normal.
I thought it was normal early on in the process if the application was to process at the local VO all along. I found it strange for the application to have transferred this late where all the correspondence to date was with CPC-M.
Any idea how far into the process does this appear to be ?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Are you sure?
Yes, she has to carry documents like PR card or citizenship proof of your spouse and birth certificate of your spouse showing relationship and she can travel as immediate family member. We are also travelling on visitor visa as the entry is exempted for immediate family members staying more than 15 days. Quarantine etc are mendatory.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Parents landed today at YYZ (AC043 Direct*). The whole process was very smooth and fast. No issues or questions including any on the Quarantine Plan. The officer was not even interested in looking at / hearing about the Plan. Goods to follow process at Customs was slightly slow (nothing extraordinary) as there was just one officer to verify and stamp the paperwork.

*Due to some technical issues the departure was delayed by 2 hrs...

Last edited:

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
I just want to narrate my experience as my file was awaiting results of social assistance check from Ontario for 3 months.

In Ontario, these types of requests from IRCC are handled by Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCSS) from a central office. I reached out to MCSS by filing out a webform available at https://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/wp/en/contact-us/

An officer from MCSS contacted me a few days later. They asked me for the application file number, checked their records and confirmed the date they had responded back to IRCC. The officer also stated that they receive these requests from IRCC electronically via secure mail, so there is no question of any request going missing. They are responding to IRCC within days and there are no delays from their side.

As my file didn't move, I contacted my MPP for assistance requesting that the province resend their previously sent response. A week or two later, I got the response in writing that on my request they had forwarded their previous response to IRCC again.

I have to say that the provincial official was very helpful and responsive.

After that, I contacted my MP who after reaching out to IRCC confirmed that IRCC had received both responses from the province. MP's office asked me to wait 2 weeks and exactly after 2 weeks, there was movement, and a decision was made.
Hello kulb please help me by providing me the link to find web form of MCSS.I came to know from my GCMS notes that my file is stuck for SSC at Ontario office since 28 January 2020.i am june 14 applicant and in process since 28 January 2020.

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Yes, she has to carry documents like PR card or citizenship proof of your spouse and birth certificate of your spouse showing relationship and she can travel as immediate family member. We are also travelling on visitor visa as the entry is exempted for immediate family members staying more than 15 days. Quarantine etc are mendatory.
But she has KLM flight