+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi folks,

Wondering if there are still people here who are in the same boat as us. I applied in Jun last and there haven't been any updates. I have been trying to check status on monthly basis but no progress. Any guidance is appreciated. I have read here about order GCMS notes .. have people had success with that? Is there any other way to track application or get hold of CIC ? Thanks much for your help !!

Here is current status for Sponsor:
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor .......... on June 19, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on February 26, 2020.
  3. We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
And current status for
Permanent Residence
  1. We received ........ application for permanent residence on June 19, 2019.
Since your case went to IP in Feb 26, not much progress happened in the COVID-19 time. You can compare your situation with others in the tracker.
What was being asked in Feb 28?

Last edited:

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
Thanks TYCanada...I plan to give birth certificate and my passport copy with explanation letter.
I guess it is okay in Canada because, unlike some other countries, Canadian authorities do come back and ask for additional documents if they are dissatisfied with the quality or genuineness of any document. However, it does result in delays - delays which sometimes adds months to processing times (for example, if covid hits!).

Please look at it from the perspective of the Canadian officer reviewing the application. He/she may not understand as to how even Indian statutory documents can be so "unprofessional". If he/she doubts the authenticity of the document, he/she will ask the applicant to come back with a seemingly more authentic document.

On the other hand, Indian diplomatic professionals are aware of the system in India. They understand that perfectly valid Indian documentation may seem to be incomplete to non-Indians. So they issue certificates stating something like:
On the basis of entries appearing the passport and other available evidence, we certify that ..."
Unquote

Any authority, Indian or non-Indian, will accept such a certificate as authentic.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
I still have time till next year but the speed at which things are going make me concerned. These are special circumstances, they keep saying that they won’t close or refuse any applications in progress but refuse to explicitly provide blanket extension of medicals due to their own delays.
There are no delays - as yet. Even though covid has impacted the functioning of all activities, the Canadian Immigration authorities are still within the promised two year processing timeline for PGP applicants.

• Wow
Reactions: kulb

amop

Feb 28, 2014
I still have time till next year but the speed at which things are going make me concerned. These are special circumstances, they keep saying that they won’t close or refuse any applications in progress but refuse to explicitly provide blanket extension of medicals due to their own delays.
So true guys especially for medicals.
Considering it's 2 year process they do ask for medicals within 8 months and you don't want to danger your parents by taking them to clinic again ! As they are at vulnerable age !

In my case they expire in Dec and I need to send additional docs

Reactions: lenalucky and kulb

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
There are no delays - as yet. Even though covid has impacted the functioning of all activities, the Canadian Immigration authorities are still within the promised two year processing timeline for PGP applicants.
You may be partially right but many people here are on edge as their parents' medicals are close to expiry. I personally know of two people whose parents medicals have expired. Put yourself in the shoes of old parents who have to suffer going thru the medical drill again.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
You may be partially right but many people here are on edge as their parents' medicals are close to expiry. I personally know of two people whose parents medicals have expired. Put yourself in the shoes of old parents who have to suffer going thru the medical drill again.
Unfortunately, our medicals also expire this year. As annoying as it is to do medicals again, I do appreciate that the inconvenience is nothing compared to what others are going through.

I genuinely feel that the world is facing numerous challenges and our problems with delays are insignificant compared to the overall situation that the world is currently experiencing.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

Iryna K

Feb 12, 2019
I have a question about medical assessment for the parents sponsorship. We haven't received the medical forms yet so I am curious:
1. What is the time frame to pass the medical exam once it's required?
2. If there are 2 parents in the sponsorship application and they live in 2 different countries at the moment when the medical forms arrive, can they undergo this medical check separately in separate places?

Reactions: misterbmw

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have a question about medical assessment for the parents sponsorship. We haven't received the medical forms yet so I am curious:
2. If there are 2 parents in the sponsorship application and they live in 2 different countries at the moment when the medical forms arrive, can they undergo this medical check separately in separate places?
Not sure about the timeline but parents and dependents (if there's any) can do the medical in different places.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Usually the form says 30 days but the site now saying everything automatically get 90 days extension and no need to call or inform.

Hustle

Sep 11, 2019
My parents application was received on May 29, 2019 and had been under process at CPC-M. The sponsor DM was updated sometime back in November. Medicals were received in December. PCC and all other additional documents were submitted in December. I never received any communication from IRCC since. Yesterday, I received an email from CPC-M that my application is being transferred to NDVO. Is this normal ? The file has been in process at CPC-M for over an year and all the correspondence and submissions have been at CPC-M but all of a sudden I receive this email so late in the process ? Is this normal ? Anyone else with similar experiences here ?

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Good morning, my mother in law got COPR till 24th August which is expired now. I did send a web form for extension on 8th with the flight ticket by KLM but no response yet. Can she travel on valid super visa.