+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Thanks Laxsun,

The office is CPC-M.
Regarding the proof Indian docs except birth certificate and passport doesn't have mother name...so what do I send then
As school and voters and aadhar card don't have that info either
You have a valid point and it is exactly my thought process too that what is the purpose of matriculation certificate, voter card, and Aadhar card when those documents do not display mother's name. The only document in India that shows your mother's name is your birth certificate.

My mom's file is also stuck at CPC-M. I sent them my birth certificate with the original application as that is the only document showing proof of relationship.

I think you can still send them the documents they asked for with a cover letter explaining that the requested documents in India do not show mother's name. Also send them your birth certificate again. And include your Indian passport copy showing mother's name.

Last edited:

tessaract786

Jul 11, 2019
I'm wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation as to mine. My file is currently stuck in the sponsor approval portion since Mid January. I requested notes a while back and it seems like they send out a letter (Province - Request Letter, SSC ON) the day my file started processing with the due date of Mid February. Since there, there hasn't been an update. I spoke with MPP to inquire internally about the situation as this shouldn't take that long, however, he can't inquire internally since he doesn't know which ministry the request went to. For those who went through their MP or MPP to get the file moving, can you provide a bit of insight?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Thank you...did they accept affidavit and other docs.

In the letter they say no affidavit.
I was thinking my passport copy which has her name and birth certificate which has her name
And submit schools certificate with aadhar card which has my father's name.
Then you should write an explanation letter and list all these proofs. That should be sufficient.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
Thank you...did they accept affidavit and other docs.

In the letter they say no affidavit.
I was thinking my passport copy which has her name and birth certificate which has her name
And submit schools certificate with aadhar card which has my father's name.
Lawyers may be able to advise more but I think think letter from high commission is way more than an affidavit. It is as "official" as it can get.

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
Lawyers may be able to advise more but I think think letter from high commission is way more than an affidavit. It is as "official" as it can get.
Below is the text of the marriage certificate issued by High Commission of India.
This is to certify that Mdm (first name family name) holder of Indian Passport No (????????) issued at (country of issue) on (date of issue) is the duly wedded wife of Mr (first name family name) holder of Indian Passport No (????????) issued at (country of issue) on (date of issue). Their marriage was solemnised on (date of marriage) at (city, country).
(name)
(designation)
High Commission of India
(country)

We have used this marriage certificate in at least 8 countries that we have lived in.

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
I need some help here. My parents are in India and the timeline is as follows:
1. 31 Oct 2019 - Mother's medical done and Father's medical got a furtherance notice for Sputum test
2. November 2019 - Police Clearance done and sent to CIC, New Delhi
3. 18 January 2020 - Final medical exam of father done and received by IRCC + all other asked documents also submitted including Biometrics etc. by this time.

Current status - They have the visitor visa for Canada and they are old aged 84 & 78 respectively.

I want to bring them to Canada as they are all alone there. They will have to travel for 3 - 4 hours (one way) if they will have to get the medicals done again (medical for mother will expire in October).

Is anyone in the same situation? Will they extend the validity of the medical results?
Should I bring them to Canada before 31 Oct and if they ask for medicals again, then get all those things done again here?
Please advise.
Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: kulb

Stylish007

Apr 16, 2019
FROM 2019 PGP GROUP

DONE WITH MED IN MAR 2020. ALL REQUESTED DOC SUBMITTED.
AWAITING OUTCOME. UNDERSTAND FILE IN LVO

ANYONE FROM SUCH GROUP ANY UPDATE... TAHNKS
Almost same situation, all docs and Med done in January and submitted to IRCC - New Delhi, India. No movement after that.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I'm wondering if there is anyone in a similar situation as to mine. My file is currently stuck in the sponsor approval portion since Mid January. I requested notes a while back and it seems like they send out a letter (Province - Request Letter, SSC ON) the day my file started processing with the due date of Mid February. Since there, there hasn't been an update. I spoke with MPP to inquire internally about the situation as this shouldn't take that long, however, he can't inquire internally since he doesn't know which ministry the request went to. For those who went through their MP or MPP to get the file moving, can you provide a bit of insight?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-2280#post-8439945

PreetGK

Mar 6, 2020
Application delivered on May 29, 2019 and have not heard anything back since Sept 16, 2019. This is giving me so much anxiety when I see my file is still at first step, which is review for sponsorship status as per IRCC person when I talked on phone.

ELH

May 26, 2014
Hi Folks, wondering if anyone has the same situation as me.

My parents got their CoPR on March 24, 2020, and the paper will expire on Sep 17, 2020.

Although the website says there is travel restriction, but they also said the immediate family can come in. I called the IRCC, they sent me this website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#immediate

and asked me to evaluate the situation myself.... speechless.

I wonder if any of you is in the same situation and if any of you have successfully shipped your parents over?

Thanks!
Can I ask you how your parents got COPR while they're not inland ? Were they here when you applied ?