+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hello - how long did it take from time your processing started (as of ecas status) to medical request? Also - when(if) did you get the PCC request?

Do they email you these requests as well or just send by mail? Thanks!
May 22 application received
Oct 25 email with medical and PCC request
Nov 8 medical done, father no issues, mother was required cardiology, respirology, sputum, CXR
Aug 4 medical passed
SA decision made, PA in process

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Any news from CPC-Mississauga? If they are back to work or not. Stuck there since February and waiting for sponsor approval. It's too frustrating. June 18 2019 application received. Parents are here and I updated them but no progress
CPC-M is sleeping as far as I am concerned. :(

May 2019 application received
Jan 2020 SA
Feb 2020 BM done & PCC sent to CPC-M by email
June 2020 medical passed
PA in process

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
CPC-M is sleeping as far as I am concerned. :(

May 2019 application received
Jan 2020 SA
Feb 2020 BM done & PCC sent to CPC-M by email
June 2020 medical passed
PA in process
I agree, CPC-M is in deep sleep. I have not seen any CPC-M application whose status has changed from PA - in progress to PA - decision made after March 18th.

gigab

Jan 20, 2009
Calgary
Visa Office......
Guatemala
App. Filed.......
6/July/2009
Doc's Request.
2/Sept./2009
AOR Received.
11/January/2010
File Transfer...
Documents arrived: 17/Dec./2009
Med's Request
1/March/2010 received 26/March/2010
Med's Done....
17April/2010. Additional documents sent 28/April
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5/May/2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 10, 2010. Received January 11, 2011.
LANDED..........
March 10, 2011
This helps. Thank you. My file was transfer to Mexico since Feb. that’s when our Biometrics were done and then file transferred . No communication since then. But yes their webpage says only essential services for now.
Let’s hope they can get under control the pandemia.

Not sure if this helps anyone, but I wrote to the Mexico Visa Office to ask if they had any idea on timeline. My mom got her CSQ back in December but we have heard nothing since then. Basically, they can't work on applications since the office is closed.

Good day,

The file is pending an eligibility review. Note that we are presently experiencing considerable delays. Unfortunately, I do not have any timeline to assist you. Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications such as permanent residence applications. Equally, we are not in a position to extend or re-issue permanent resident visas for those who are unable to travel before the expiration of their documents. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Hi Everyone,

Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXXXX's application for permanent residence on May 24, 2019.
  2. We sent XXXXX medical instructions on December 4, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
No update after this. How should I read this? Where is my parent's application stuck?

Application Status

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi Everyone,

Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXXXX's application for permanent residence on May 24, 2019.
  2. We sent XXXXX medical instructions on December 4, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
No update after this. How should I read this? Where is my parent's application stuck?

Application Status
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
same here visa office: Mississauga
On title page of ecas
Permanent residence application status: In process

Permanent Residence

1. We received xxxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on June 4, 2019.
  2. We sent xxxxxxxxxx a letter on December 12, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (biomedical)
  3. We sent xxxxxxxxxxx medical instructions on December 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On mycic title page it says
permanent residency current status: submitted
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - January 6, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • January 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details. (although biometric submitted and they mention date and number for both parents, some of you say its software glitch)
Background check Help - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Please comment what stage my application is

rohan85

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
same here visa office: Mississauga
On title page of ecas
Permanent residence application status: In process

Permanent Residence

1. We received xxxxxxxxxx application for permanent residence on June 4, 2019.
  2. We sent xxxxxxxxxx a letter on December 12, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (biomedical)
  3. We sent xxxxxxxxxxx medical instructions on December 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On mycic title page it says
permanent residency current status: submitted
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - January 6, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility Help - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
  • January 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Help - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview Help - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Help - Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details. (although biometric submitted and they mention date and number for both parents, some of you say its software glitch)
Background check Help - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Help - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Please comment what stage my application is
How did you get the detailed status? I just see the 3 line status but want to see the detailed status that you see here. How to go about it?

Rob1985

Jul 30, 2020
How did you get the detailed status? I just see the 3 line status but want to see the detailed status that you see here. How to go about it?
You can see this when you link the file of the primary applicant. Then in their profile, you can see the detailed status.

bjsdefz

Aug 7, 2020
Hello world and greetings to all, I am not sure if anyone is on the same boat. Having submitted the application to CPC-Ottawa on 06-27, till date, I have not even received a single correspondence (e.g. AOR, missing document request, etc) from the CIC. I have called the CIC in mid January, and the agent confirmed that the package has been received and is complete; "no missing documents, and just have to wait for the processing agent to activate your file", and "once it is activated, you will receive a file number without the preceding X". Not sure if anyone has similar experiences, but it has been another half a year in silence without any AOR or correspondence, and the application could be found on neither the eCAS (either with mine or my parents' UCIs) or myCIC.