+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I was reading through the thread and thought that information on Arrive Can app could be useful in reducing waitime at landing interviews. I'm not sure if this information has been shared elsewhere.

ArriveCan app which is available for both iOS and Android can be downloaded on any smartphone.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/digital-tools.html

You can prefill the form to reduce the time of filling it out at the airport which apparently took the longest part of the landing interview.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I also want to know if the validity of various documents like medical, PPC etc will be extended. For the last 3-4 months, no activity has occurred and I worry if they will make parents go through all those activities again. I hope not, if anyone gets to call the office, I would appreciate it if they can add this question as well. Thanks
This is precisely what I am worried about that they don't make people go through the various activities again once they start processing the files. Keeping fingers crossed.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Thanks for sharing. I am sure everyone is very eager and impatient. I wish all of us are able to reunite with our parents soon. they are only getting older with each day :/
You are right....parents are getting older with each passing day. I have already lost my father in the process so I hope at least my widowed mother will be able to come here. Unfortunately, there is no compassion or empathy in this process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are right....parents are getting older with each passing day. I have already lost my father in the process so I hope at least my widowed mother will be able to come here. Unfortunately, there is no compassion or empathy in this process.
First of all I am sorry for your loss. The health of the Canadian workers abroad or in Canada needs to be prioritized first when it comes to processing applications. PGP is compassionate program to begin with. Most PGP applicants never work or pay taxes. There are many factors that were beyond Canada's control that have lead to delays like lockdown in other countries. Flights may not be departing from cities or countries. Many people have been affected by covid for various reasons. Everyone needs to be patient. Lots of Candians are waiting for things like cancer surgery, organ transplants, heart surgery, etc. Some have died waiting after having their surgery postponed due to covid. Everyone is having to be patient for various reasons. On a positive note your parent is lucky and has received a PGP spot and will become a PR. Many have not been as lucky.

• Angry
Reactions: kulb and Leonora7

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
I am also in the same boat. my Mother's Passport is stuck with VFS global since March and their offices are still closed.
Do we need submit any request/webform to inform CIC about it?
I think we should send a webform. I havent done it yet but i am going to send webform today. I suggest you do the same.

Canada has started processing visit visa applications starting july 1. so i hope VAC should open up soon .. I really pray they do

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

vickcan

Jan 30, 2019
Hello, I still see the status shows application received on June 2019. This status was updated in January, 2020. Since then, no update. Is anybody in the same situation?

vickcan

Jan 30, 2019
Hi guys,

Just trying to find out if anyone else is one the same situation as mine.

I submitted my parents sponsorship application last June and it reached CIC Ottawa on June 27 2019. It's been almost a year now but no progress at all. Not even an acknowledgment on receiving the application. I tried to find out the status using the ecas online but it always comes back saying unable to find application. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong. Can someone help on what information I should provide to find my application status?

I'm using the below form to find the application status
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Thanks in advance!
Krubz
Hello, the status of my application got updated to application received on June 24th, 2019. This status was updated in January, 2020. Since then, no update.

kimat

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Background: Parent in Canada, CPC-Mississauga, paper application sent for visitor record (extension of visit visa), had issues with online application.

Had a telephonic interview with an agent who called and wished to speak with both the sponsor and the parent. After confirming identities, the agent confirmed last date of entry to Canada, which they had incorrect, so rectified it. Since the paper application for visa extension has not started processing yet and won't for a couple of months yet, she advised us to apply again online to restore status and extend visa as they can't issue PR if you are out of status and they can see an online application and resulting implied status and act accordingly. Told her would do that today.

Just finished submitting the online application to restore status and extend visa. Keeping fingers crossed for now.

Last edited:

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
IRCC Twitter:
As of July 1, 2020, we will resume processing all online applications for visitor visas, transit visas and electronic travel authorizations (eTAs). Please be advised that due to current travel restrictions, most people will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. (1/2)

Does it mean we will hear from London and Mexico city LVOs? I hope so :rolleyes:
Probably being a bit dim here but does this Include PR applications?

racinvr8

Jul 19, 2019
Are the parents who just landed and got their PR eligible for any govt. benefits? Can newly PR parents claim pension?

niel_ca

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
All....Need a bit of guidance.

Background: Parents received their COPR in Nov-2019 and was scheduled for a flight on March 2020. Then COVID hit. This morning their flight for July 5th got canceled for 7th time. Next flight is not till Aug 19th, 2020.

Issue: Their counterfoil PGP Visa expires on Aug 29th, 2020 and i am going to have an addition in my family by the end of this month. Does this mean i have to inform IRCC and open their file again? Anyone else faced a similar scenario?

Thank you.

Tropics

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
IRCC Twitter:
As of July 1, 2020, we will resume processing all online applications for visitor visas, transit visas and electronic travel authorizations (eTAs). Please be advised that due to current travel restrictions, most people will not be able to travel to Canada at this time. (1/2)

Does it mean we will hear from London and Mexico city LVOs? I hope so :rolleyes:
I really hope so! My mom's application has been asleep in Mexico since November.