+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hi All, I sent a question to the Mexico office to follow up on the decision made for PA. I told them I didn’t receive anything letting me know what the decision was and they replied today with this:

I can confirm that the file has been approved but that, do to the coronavirus pandemic, we are not in a position to proceed to the final steps. Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications, to request/receive passports, and to print visas. Equally, we are not in a position to extend or re-issue permanent resident visas for those who are unable to travel before the expiration of their documents. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.
Good to hear its been approved. Hope you get PPR soon....

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
I have a quick question. If anyone can reply, would be very much appreciated.

My parents are waiting for DM on PA under PGP 2019 however, My dad's stay expires in a month since his passport is expiring and so is his SuperVisa stamp

So my question is can I apply for his extension from with in Canada or will they have to go back to home country and re-apply? Since my dad's supervisa stamp is expiring not sure If he will have to exit the country.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019

My parents are waiting for DM on PA under PGP 2019 however, My dad's stay expires in a month since his passport is expiring and so is his SuperVisa stamp

So my question is can I apply for his extension from with in Canada or will they have to go back to home country and re-apply? Since my dad's supervisa stamp is expiring not sure If he will have to exit the country.
Are you able to get a new passport before that in an embassy in Canada from your country? If you can, you can then apply to an extension of the current visa your dad has. But if you apply to the extension with the passport expiring soon they will approve the extension until that day.

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019

What I recommend to do is to send an email explaining his situation to his LVO and see if they help you by accelerating your process

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I got gcms notes for PR application today.
For my mother it says in the info sharing with USA, biometric sharing: NRT (no recordable trace) but with biographic sharing the status is: Ready to be assessed and then 2 pages were blanked under section 13.1.a of ATIP act.
Last update July 2019.

My mom never applied for USA visa.
Could this be a mismatch? May be same name/DOB ?
Please if someone knows anything about it?

FreshT

Oct 16, 2019
Parents sponsorship is probably not a priority for IRCC, I see many more application receiving remote landing but not pgp

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
What I recommend to do is to send an email explaining his situation to his LVO and see if they help you by accelerating your process
Hey, Yeah we got his new passport a month ago. So I am just not sure If I can apply for new Visitor visa from with in Canada.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I got gcms notes for PR application today.
For my mother it says in the info sharing with USA, biometric sharing: NRT (no recordable trace) but with biographic sharing the status is: Ready to be assessed and then 2 pages were blanked under section 13.1.a of ATIP act.
Last update July 2019.

My mom never applied for USA visa.
Could this be a mismatch? May be same name/DOB ?
Please if someone knows anything about it?
Does anyone have any idea about this?
Please if you could share your thoughts!